Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853449 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1140 on: April 21, 2015, 06:52:04 PM »
Rode to Surry, VA and back home.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #1141 on: April 21, 2015, 07:00:35 PM »
Rode the 14 around a while, and then the RT needed some love too.  Rode it a while.  A very different, more sedate ride on the RT, but exceeding posted limits comes just as easily on it, simply no sensation of speed, even well over 100MPH. 

Suppose to rain the next seven days.  Oh well, gotta work most of those days anyway.  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1142 on: April 22, 2015, 04:36:26 AM »
After discovering that my left low beam headlight was burned out, I ordered a new pair from Amazon.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QJWUPC6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #1143 on: April 23, 2015, 10:46:24 PM »
Installed highway pegs on the canyon cages and installed the rear crash bars. Only had time for about 30 miles tonight, but really liking the pegs! It'll take a few shots to get them adjusted to where I want them, but it's great being able to stretch the legs a bit. Rivco 1" clamps and Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs.

I think I'll move the clamps to the front vertical bar right above the bar they're currently on. I also liked laying my legs on the pegs instead of putting my feet on them it seemed.
Jarrod
Boone NC
2012 Concours, 2000 Vmax, 2003 XT225

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1144 on: April 24, 2015, 04:56:28 AM »
Washed and waxed her and then went for a nice long ride.   :)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1145 on: April 24, 2015, 05:30:35 AM »
Helped a friend ( new street rider) pick up his 2015 KTM 1190R. Man is that thing tall.  Nice looking bike with all those colours together.
Gave him a quick lesson in street riding. The three most important things about street bike riding.
1- no one sees you.
2- no one sees you.
3- they're all blind and can't see you.
He's been riding dirt bikes for a number of years, so it was just the street transition for his assimilation.
Motorcycle Learners requires a listened rider to follow up here.
We then rode to some of the smaller towns south west of Calgary on some of the secondary highways.  Watched a BMW rider get pulled over for speeding past us. Anyways it was a pleasure to watch him on his new ride, brought back some memories of picking up my new bikes.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 08:28:29 PM by Rubberdown »

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #1146 on: April 24, 2015, 05:32:22 AM »
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1147 on: April 24, 2015, 05:37:03 AM »
Washed and waxed her and then went for a nice long ride.   :)

All before 7am?  Yuck!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1148 on: April 24, 2015, 05:57:53 AM »
Helped a friend ( new street rider) pick up his 2015 KTM 1190R. Man is that thing tall.  Nice looking bike with all those colours together.
Gave him a quick lesson in street riding. The three most important things about street bike riding.
1- no one sees you.
2- no one sees you.
3- they're all blind and can't see you.
He's been riding dirt bikes for a number of years, so it was just the street transition for his assimilation.
Motorcycle Learners requires a listened rider to follow up here.
We then rode to some of the smaller towns south west of Calgary on some of the secondary highways.  Watched a BMW rider get pulled over for speeding past us. Anyways it was a pleasure to watch him on his new ride, brought back some memories of picking up my new bikes.
Interesting choice of bike for a street noob...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1150 on: April 24, 2015, 06:13:53 AM »
All before 7am?  Yuck!!

Want What can I say, I'm a morning person.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:26:30 AM by Conrad »

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1151 on: April 24, 2015, 09:48:37 AM »
Want can I say, I'm a morning person.

Maybe better get another cup o' jo.  ;)

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1152 on: April 25, 2015, 03:11:09 AM »
Interesting choice of bike for a street noob...

Raised in the dirt and doesn't want to let it go! He owns two MX bikes.

Offline Ghost Rider 2

« Reply #1153 on: April 25, 2015, 04:39:10 AM »
Installed highway pegs on the canyon cages and installed the rear crash bars. Only had time for about 30 miles tonight, but really liking the pegs! It'll take a few shots to get them adjusted to where I want them, but it's great being able to stretch the legs a bit. Rivco 1" clamps and Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs.

I think I'll move the clamps to the front vertical bar right above the bar they're currently on. I also liked laying my legs on the pegs instead of putting my feet on them it seemed.
  That is the same set up I installed on my 09 about a month ago. My bike is black and just did not want any chrome on it. I do like the rivco pegs.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1154 on: April 25, 2015, 07:26:04 AM »
Maybe better get another cup o' jo.  ;)

I guess no one told my fingers about me being a morning person?   :)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1155 on: April 25, 2015, 10:19:47 AM »
Nothing today, yet. Rode out to Pasadena yesterday. Gale force headwind,  dust storm, temps in the 40's w/rain. Good ride!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Jim H

« Reply #1156 on: April 25, 2015, 02:49:42 PM »
Put the front PR3 on earlier this week and today was 1st chance to ride! Only got 50 miles on them but went up over Blue Mountain ski resort (still had snow) and a lot of twisties.  didn't ride real hard but managed to get most of the tire scubbed in.  Only 50* out....where is spring?  LOL

Offline texrider

« Reply #1157 on: April 25, 2015, 05:58:26 PM »
Finally got out to ride this morning, even if it was to work.
Passed through a shaded area in a curve and side slipped both tires in a thin patch of dirt. :o
The bike grabbed a new line and took it all in stride, before I could even pucker. ;D
She's a keeper! 8)
2014 Valkyrie

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1158 on: April 25, 2015, 07:55:03 PM »
Put some green oil in her today.
Dif oil doesn't pour well at 4* C (39f)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1159 on: April 26, 2015, 07:21:23 PM »
Rode back to Phoenix. One leg of the trip was 210 miles, nonstop, 2 hours 40 minutes. A little over 700 miles this weekend.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....