Author Topic: Trunkless Goldwing  (Read 19212 times)

Offline zsiska

• Arena
Trunkless Goldwing
« on: July 13, 2012, 08:19:45 AM »
I has started another thread about riding and falling in love with the Wing.   Well I have made my final decision and will either be picking it up next week or when I return from the beach in a couple weeks.  Seeing that I could go trunkless is what sealed my decision.  $700 for the kit, but in my mind, well worth it.  It tranforms it into an every day sport tourer with a lot more features. 

Offline MrPepsi

Re: Trunkless Goldwing
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 08:47:54 AM »
Hmmmmm, not my taste, but its also not my bike. Good luck with your new ride.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 08:48:24 AM »
I always thought they were pretty good looking...

Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 08:51:01 AM »
I always thought they were pretty good looking...

This looks great, so maybe its the bar and the backrest that's turning me off.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 10:19:54 AM »
This looks great, so maybe its the bar and the backrest that's turning me off.

I had those other pics as well, but whatever format I had saved them in would not let me post them here.  The yellow is not the one I am getting either, just like I said the only pic I could post.  Mine is going to be a 2005 in whatever they call their reddish/maroon color. 

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 10:31:58 AM »
Then I for one am looking forward to the pics big time.
I do like wings.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 04:42:49 PM »
Wow, $700 to delete the trunk? It's like paying Porsche $1250 to debadge 911 Carerra turbo.
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 04:45:53 PM »
I like allot!!!!
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline allan

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 01:10:41 AM »
I had those other pics as well, but whatever format I had saved them in would not let me post them here.  The yellow is not the one I am getting either, just like I said the only pic I could post.  Mine is going to be a 2005 in whatever they call their reddish/maroon color.

Would you please tell me where you saw the purple wing and where to get the kit. Thanks

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 03:32:22 AM »
Would you please tell me where you saw the purple wing and where to get the kit. Thanks

It has been so long now I am not sure.  It was tough finding the company that made the kit to remove the trunk.  If you google Trunkless Goldwing, it will bring you to some threads on the Goldwing forum.  Search through those and you will find what you are looking for.  I ended up going with a Yamaha Venture instead.

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 03:57:08 AM »
I ended up going with a Yamaha Venture instead.

What? :o  Not even close to the same style of bike. I actually had the Yamaha rep laughing with me at Bike Week this year. C'mon, a 2013 bike that comes with a cassette player?? Please, you can't buy a cassette ANYWHERE. What are they thinking? Note: not bashing the bike, just the fact that they include a cassette player and actually have the nerve to list this as one of the "features" on the bike.   :rotflmao:
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline Laserjock

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 10:55:26 PM »
You guys act like you've never seen an 2013 F6B before.  :o

-LJ-

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 09:34:46 AM »
I was sitting on an F6B at the dealer yesterday right next to a wing. The F6B really is just a wing without the trunk and delete some features like cruise control. So a wing with a no trunk kit actually makes more sense to me.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
I thought they made a trunkless GW years ago and called the Valkyrie...
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »
I thought they made a trunkless GW years ago and called the Valkyrie...

Last made a real Valkyrie in 2004 and was much more then a trunkless wing. The Rune was a very small market and was more about bling. The original concept was a completely naked wing on steroids. If Honda took the FI 1800 and put it on steroids and put it in a completely naked cruiser, I think it would attract more Valk fans like myself. But I understand why they don't do that with the sales record of the original Valkyrie as well as the dismal sales of the Rune and try to do it in today's market.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 01:06:31 PM »
Actually it was much LESS than a trunkless Wing.
They finally put bags and a shield on it but I think they killed it because it was hurting GL sales.

Offline Leo

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 03:15:44 PM »
The last GL Hondas before the 6 cylinders were the GL1200.  There was a STANDARD version, pegs, no bags, no backrest, NO Windshield.  Just a low center of gravity, heavy 1200 cc bike.  They were actually a pretty good ride. 

And, are you ready for this, it cost less than a dressed model, imagine that!
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 03:40:11 AM »
What? :o  Not even close to the same style of bike. I actually had the Yamaha rep laughing with me at Bike Week this year. C'mon, a 2013 bike that comes with a cassette player?? Please, you can't buy a cassette ANYWHERE. What are they thinking? Note: not bashing the bike, just the fact that they include a cassette player and actually have the nerve to list this as one of the "features" on the bike.   :rotflmao:

I know, but I found it at the last minute and actually love it.  It is older with quite a few miles on it.  BUt the guy I bought it from had done so many upgrades, fixed all the common problem areas, removed the cassete deck and added much better stereo all around.  All in all since October, I have added about 10K miles and am very happy.  The V4 is really a great motor with lots of power.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 09:07:53 AM »
The naked GL was last offered in 84, the first year of the 1200. They didn't sell very well and dealers had unsold units for a while.

That Venture has a lot more power in it but Yamamha detuned it a bunch from the VMax and even from the original Venture.

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 03:43:03 AM »
The naked GL was last offered in 84, the first year of the 1200. They didn't sell very well and dealers had unsold units for a while.

That Venture has a lot more power in it but Yamamha detuned it a bunch from the VMax and even from the original Venture.

When I say lots of power, I was comparing it to most other large touring bikes (Harley in particular).  It is plenty for me and gets up and goes pretty well even for the pig of a bike it is.  And for a 6'4" guy, it is so very comfy.