Author Topic: New Goldwing StreetGlide  (Read 27839 times)

Offline snarf

• Arena
Re: New Goldwing StreetGlide
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2013, 08:09:10 AM »
It kinda looks like my old Wing after I tore off the windshield and half the trunk.  I am sure that buying it that way is whole lot less painful :-[
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline booger

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2013, 05:22:04 PM »
I live in Milwaukee and I'm so sick of the Hardly "Lifestyle" BS......................sorry.

I never cared for the Harley "Lifestyle" BS, but I liked my 06 RoadKing every bit as much as my 09 C-14

Offline CADMAN97

• 2010 C14 ABS
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2013, 09:59:16 AM »
I don't dislike the F6B or the wing for that matter, but all Honda did was shorten the windshield, removed the rr trunk, & added a new seat...oh yeah they deleted cruise control too....not exactly innovative ???  I just don't understand Hondas approach to bikes anymore. I used to b a big Honda fan, but their bikes just dont appeal to me anymore.  The one thing i hate that honda does with the wing is they force you to upgrade in order to get abs.  Here in 2013, the wing should have traxtion control & abs as standard equipment, especially at the $25-$30k price point.

I bought a 2010 VFR two summers ago, & was very disappointed with it. I would of much rather had an updated 6th gen (02-09) with 1000cc 90deg V4...minus the v-tech. Sold the 2010 VFR 4 months later with only 800 miles on it. Ca mon honda....get with it!
1998 Honda Magna--->Sold | 2003 Yamaha FZ1--->Sold | 2003 Honda VFR800--->Sold | 2010 Honda VFR1200--->Sold | Kawasaki C14--->SOLD | 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000--->Current | 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300ES--->Current

Offline Tele130

« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2013, 01:33:07 PM »
True. Honda has been putting out some very "Vanillia" bikes as of late. Even their new "Bad Boy" on the block (CB1000r) gets smoked by almost every other bike in the class. I didn't realize that Honda removed the Cruise Control system from the new FB6.  That sure was a dumb idea. Even Kawasaki's Vaquaro comes with Cruise as a standard feature. Besides the price factor, the elimination of the Cruise Control would have me looking that much harder at a Vaquaro........if I had the $$$$.
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline TallyRex

« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2013, 03:33:18 AM »
I think Honda is aiming at new riders and females with more fuel efficient, lighter bikes, and I like the new 500s and am just waiting for some reviews before I add one to the stable (or maybe a Ninja 300).  Let's face it, pushing around the C-14 in the garage is a PITA

This new Wing is a reaction to the Ducati Diavel which is a huge success and is luring H-D riders, but their main focus is on expanding markets (China, India, etc) where they don't need or even allow 150HP bikes.

Offline GeeBeav

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2013, 03:47:39 AM »
This new Wing is a reaction to the Ducati Diavel . . .

Don't see the connection. The Diavel is a "power cruiser", the Honda is way more touring oriented.
In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man.

Offline TallyRex

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2013, 03:31:39 AM »
The new Diavel Strada has bags

Offline Tele130

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2013, 09:31:59 AM »
Don't see the connection. The Diavel is a "power cruiser", the Honda is way more touring oriented.

I agree.  I think Honda is trying to get the buyer who thinks a Goldwing is way too much bike (the cut down shield on the front and the elimination of the trunk at the rear give it a smaller appearance.  Even though it really isn't).  and the buyer who is looking at a H-D deciding where they're going to drop their 20(+)K.

I personally don't get the Diavel.  I guess I just don't like the curb appeal.  If I were to get a "Duc", this would be my choice. ::)

This would be my H-D look alike pick.

Doug Colton

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2013, 09:41:30 AM »

to me it looks like a GoldWing that just drove under a train...
I just saw it in a MC fair and I thought: "well, some companies make pens with their logo..."  :banghead:
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2013, 07:37:56 AM »
I sat on one while I was in Florida this week, and it was awesome!  They look great!
Pics don't do it justice.  Slightly higher windscreen, and I'm good to go.

Offline Tele130

« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2013, 09:17:48 AM »
I sat on one while I was in Florida this week, and it was awesome!  They look great!

Welcome back Mike.  Why didn't you bring some warm weather up with ya?? ??? ;D

So did they really remove the Cruise Conrtol system?

Doug Colton

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2013, 09:30:48 AM »
This gets me horny..........

2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2013, 09:35:02 AM »

Was at my dealer last Saturday. They had one in a crate but none to see or sit on. Blizzard now but will go next weekend and check it out.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2013, 09:48:54 AM »
Was at my dealer last Saturday. They had one in a crate but none to see or sit on. Blizzard now but will go next weekend and check it out.
Ask if they left the reverse on it.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2013, 10:20:42 AM »
Ask if they left the reverse on it.

Good question!

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2013, 11:59:12 AM »

I saw the one they have when I was there Wednesday...looks better than the pics...and, I liked it in the pics...slim, trim rear end...nice fairing...forgot to check for reverse...
'02 C-10

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2013, 12:01:49 PM »
I saw the one they have when I was there Wednesday...looks better than the pics...and, I liked it in the pics...slim, trim rear end...nice fairing...forgot to check for reverse...

Brad, which place? Fey Meyers, Rocky Mnt. or Apex? The one I stopped at was Fey Meyers.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2013, 12:04:50 PM »
No reverse would be a deal breaker. 850 lbs is a little much to backup by main strength for people.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2013, 12:06:49 PM »
This gets me horny..........

I like it as well. Knobbies are a bit of overkill though.

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2013, 12:07:28 PM »
Rhino,

Apex...although, I'm guessing all of them have one on the floor by now...was in Rocky Mtn the same day...but, didn't even notice the sales floor...same deal at Fay Myers on Friday...
'02 C-10