Author Topic: Whats the best cruise control option?  (Read 36044 times)

Offline katata1100

Re: Whats the best cruise control option?
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2019, 05:42:32 PM »
I can’t imagine any cc working better than the mccruise, on my bike it’s better than my cars. This is an old thread and the reason I’m responding is that in op post, it says mcruise is over $1,000. Times have changed and those Aussie dingo dollars have dropped against the dollar. Last spring, I paid around $ 780 delivered .
We got off a Royal carribean Cruise in Sydney last month and as avid ( over 35) cheapskate cruisers we never buy cocktails on board. Out of Australia, mixed drinks were cheap than at a chain restaurant in the states, about $6.23, tip included.
My point here is that mccruise is flawless, the one at Murphy’s isn’t and requires more effort for install. At the time of this thread, there was a big difference in price. It has now dropped to around $770 and if history repeats itself like last year, they could have an anniversary Special coming up like last March for 10%.
It’s possible we might see a mccruise sold for under $700. Add on self cancelling turn signals , Bluetooth helmet and you’ll be thinking “ who needs a GW anyhow???”.

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2019, 06:21:20 AM »
My Rostra has a 2 to 3 MPH variance from the speed I set it to, 1 to 1.5 MPH high or low from set point.

After I adjusted the angle at which the cable pulls the throttle linkage, it is also seamless when engaging, no surging at all.

For around $250.00 (compared to $700, if it ever gets that low) I can live with the small variance.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline katata1100

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2019, 08:12:40 AM »
I think mccruise says it is stable to within +\_ .5mph. However, I found that reducing servo play makes even that better,the Speedo needle doesnt budge.
As for cost, also factor in frustration ; I seen a lot more audiovox cc owners post about problems with it than mccruise owners. Mccruise also looks more stock, looks it came with the bike.

Offline Stu57

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2019, 10:28:03 AM »
I have to admit cost was definitely a factor for me. I did have a few changes in my installation due to personal preferences and I just think some ways are better visually. But this system so far on hills turns etc has less than 1mph variance so I am very happy with it's performance. Possibly they have improved their system?

Offline robertv

• 2008 C14 Silver
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2020, 03:39:21 PM »
Apology for bringing this back up, but with the downtime due to covid19 I'm finally giving some love & tenderness to my C14 and thinking of adding the McCruise CC. Price seems to have crept up a little from what I've looked at previous posts but what interests me is their BT device + app (iOS only)=> https://www.mccruise.com/collections/kawasaki/products/mccruise-bluetooth-device-connect-your-phone-to-your-mccruise

Anyone have this BT option and if so feedback, good / bad? Or in general McCruise feedback?

Thanks!

Offline Michelle

• Saving the chubby unicorns
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2020, 07:31:33 PM »
Hi Robert. I have the MC Cruise. In fact we have 3 bikes here with one of their units. It is a fantastic bit of gear and I fitted mine myself. Quality, instructions and service are second to none.
The BT thing looks interesting. In an academic sense - I don't use my phone for everything like some people and it stays in my pocket.
I'd say it will do exactly what it says on the box.
Neutron Silver 08 1400GTR ABS with KTRC K-ACT and ECO
Glitter White 2010 1400GTR
Windsor Green 1997 GTR1000

Offline robertv

• 2008 C14 Silver
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2020, 09:15:19 AM »
Thanks Michelle! Looks like we both have the same year C14. Since I plan on keeping it instead of upgrading to a newer model, might as well add the last items on my wish list.

Can you share any pics of your install?  I have Canyon Cages and a few items installed on the handlebar so need to figure out installation like where to put the control switch and actuator/throttle servo, etc. With a fuse box, accessory lights and a few other farkles I'll have to rearrange and move some items.

Here's what my C14 looks like...
https://live.staticflickr.com/4887/32352012218_759bf69623_c.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/4187/34500758202_61ba7dfd3b_c.jpg

Thanks!

PS. And yes I do keep my phone in my pocket when it rains, its useful though seeing who's calling or changing my playlist when stopped. I can see the app being useful for CC fine tuning and this device piqued my interest more.

Hi Robert. I have the MC Cruise. In fact we have 3 bikes here with one of their units. It is a fantastic bit of gear and I fitted mine myself. Quality, instructions and service are second to none.
The BT thing looks interesting. In an academic sense - I don't use my phone for everything like some people and it stays in my pocket.
I'd say it will do exactly what it says on the box.

Offline Michelle

• Saving the chubby unicorns
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2020, 08:24:35 PM »
I'll see if I can dig up some pictures. If not, I'll undo the plastic and take some more. I owe you a favour anyway.
The most difficult part was installing the electric servo because the original kits for the 08 had a vacuum one and they are NLA. MCC had not made a kit with the new servo, but after some discussion we decided that they would send a 2010 kit with a couple of different length cables and we'd be guinea pigs. It worked out very well. If the servo motor was an inch shorter it would be perfect, but it can be squeezed under the 08 skin in a similar position to the 2010.
Neutron Silver 08 1400GTR ABS with KTRC K-ACT and ECO
Glitter White 2010 1400GTR
Windsor Green 1997 GTR1000