Author Topic: Training my dog to be a monkey: Riding a Ural with Sarabelle  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Kman

Offline sport rider

Re: Training my dog to be a monkey: Riding a Ural with Sarabelle
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 10:58:53 AM »
been wanting to do this with my dogs, but my granddaughter always seems to take priority.  :D

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Training my dog to be a monkey: Riding a Ural with Sarabelle
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 03:41:29 PM »
SOO COOL...
I always wanted my dogs on bike, and have seen a bunch of vid on the C14 guy, with his Husky, great stuff...
Back in '78, I had a rescue Husky, a huge guy, like 80#... and I kept him tethered while I was at work, in the front yard. He could reach my KZ, easily, and every time I came out the door, he was sitting up on the seat.  Kinda like Karma. He could sleep on my porch, but even then, and even in the rain, he would go under the bike cover, and climb up, and lay on the seat, under the cover..   I guess he loved the smell of my butt..  ::)
I tried many times, to accommodate him on the bike, using carpet on the seat, and tank, and could only accomplish him riding in front of me, on the tanks and my lap. Got a ticket for that, and stopped trying, should have worked harder on it, but my mentality, and youth took me in different directions.. still have the bike, ended up selling the dog, only to find years later he was a champion sled pulling dog, with many "wins", when I got him.. go figure.. next dog will be small enough to ride on the tank.  thanks for sharing that tho.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..