Author Topic: IMPORTANT NOTICE!!  (Read 32039 times)

Offline snarf

• Arena
IMPORTANT NOTICE!!
« on: May 24, 2011, 06:27:55 AM »
If you purchased a set of my Highway pegs before 04/21/11 there may be a flaw with the inner stud.
During installation over tightening of the stud may cause separation of the stud from the stand-off.
I absolutely hate to admit that I made a mistake; my belief in a quality product and honor come before pride.
Originally I was using a hydraulic press and pressing the stud in with an excess of 1300psi.  I would then drill and pin the two pieces together. 
There are three sets out there currently; I will be trying to send those people a message today.
If anyone is suspect to having an early model production stand-off please contact me.  I will powder coat and send you out two new second gen stand-off (no charge). With these 2nd gen's the stud is threaded into the  stand-off.  The more you tighten the stand-off; the tighter the stud gets.
Again I apologize for this and I will absolutely try and make it right to you.
On the bright side  no one has ever choked to death swallowing their pride
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 02:15:15 PM by elvin315 »
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
Re: Important notice
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 07:00:05 AM »
It happens. you just made a decision that will result in you getting MORE work, not less. good on you -  :chugbeer: Steve

Offline Tele130

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 07:06:11 AM »
Hey Chris, Thanks for the heads up.  I'll check it out this morming.  Mine was the "Prototype" not a production production unit  :chugbeer: ;D.  Steve said it well. :thumbs:
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 07:52:56 AM »
Hey Chris, Thanks for the heads up.  I'll check it out this morming.  Mine was the "Prototype" not a production production unit  :chugbeer: ;D.  Steve said it well. :thumbs:
:o oh yeah.  Two units out there ::)
I'm sorta a perfectionist; so it kills me to make mistakes.  Admitting them is even worse.                                                   I will have to call my father and thank him for raising me right.
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline redzgrider

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE!!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 04:25:20 PM »
Hadn't checked this thread before -- fear my pegs were ordered and arrived in the March, 2011 time frame, and I see the drilled pin in the stand-off, so I guess I'm one of the others. I take it you lost my email since the transaction?

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 07:05:23 PM »
I know Snarf's computer crashed so it is a distinct possibility.  Snarf, once again glad to see how much you stand behind what you produce, as always I think this type of honesty will get you more customers and loyalty. 
...and a good time was had by all.

Offline tbunder

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 12:55:12 PM »
I think I had another pair that came on my bike that you made but I sold them to someone. I don't remember who, didn't I tell you though cuz you had a question about the pegs?

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 11:31:42 AM »
I think I had another pair that came on my bike that you made but I sold them to someone. I don't remember who, didn't I tell you though cuz you had a question about the pegs?
Those pegs that you sold were one of kind and will never again be made by me.  The shafts were SS. The rod that threads into the radiator support was one piece, the stud was turned down and threaded.  IIRC the offsets were 1" and the pegs were 1 1/2".  Those things were NEVER going to break.
OMG I went through some tooling on hwy-pegs. They were a gift for a dear friend
2002 Conc

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 05:22:09 AM »
Moderators I did not know where to put this so please feel free to move it where you wish.

I just wanted to apologize to a number of people out there that have recently purchased some of the items that I make for the C-10. Things have gotten a little crazy in life since I got back from the National rally. It's all good things that are happening; but they have had me scatter brained and pulling my hair out.
I try to take great pride in prompt delivery of goods purchased from me. I have been slacking in this area lately. Sometimes life just throws you a curve ball. Things should be returning to near normalcy here shortly.
2002 Conc

Offline nevadazx12

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 09:26:44 AM »
Snarf,

It's refreshing to see that when an mistake is made in production techniques that the originator admits and rectifies their error. KIDOS to your honesty and high standards.  :chugbeer:
I was looking into getting highway pegs for my 86, but we determined that my bike was too old for his design and my legs were too short.  That was Millerized, whom I delt with.

regards,
1986 Connie
1974 BMW 90/6
1964 Triumph T100SC