Author Topic: I-77 in Virginia  (Read 2458 times)

Offline cc_ryder

• Jacksonville,FL ...................... Coggers ROK
I-77 in Virginia
« on: August 27, 2012, 08:55:31 PM »
I am looking for a nice place to stay along I-77 in Virginia. I plan to stay for a few nights and ride the local roads. Anyone have a suggestion on a hotel and some interesting routes? Stayed at a nice Bed and Breakfast near Fancy Gap last year. Got a chance to ride part of the Blue Ridge Parkway and some nice local roads.
ROK
Retreads
Patriot Guard Riders   www.patriotguard.org

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: I-77 in Virginia
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 03:30:10 AM »
I've over nighted in Fancy Gap many a time.  Hard to say where to stay as your budget isn't my budget.  I've stayed at motels right at the Parkway and at the exit for Hillsville.  Don't know anything about Bed and Breakfasts in that vicinity, though.  It's easy enough to choose your poison.  There are two single stretches of I-77, the one you mentioned and the one north of 81 near Wytheville.  That stretch is a little more remote as it snakes into WV.  If you are exploring that side I would be staying in Wytheville if it were me.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Roadhound

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 09:56:01 AM »
Give Will a call at Willville Motorcycle Campground. The cabin might be available during the week, complete with covered parking for your bike.
It's a great place to stay and Will is a Great Guy

www.willvillebikecamp.com/
Don Ricks
Atlanta, Ga.

"Ride or Ride not, there is no drive."

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 11:21:27 AM »
if you are on the 77 corridor, 2 really good areas come to mind, some of our favorite stuff;
Galax is a nice small town, with a good cheap hotel, it offers super nice roads surrounding, and is close to the "crooked highway" rt 58 which runs between there and Abingdon.
the other great spot is Hungry Mother area, specifically exit 47, a little north of Marion. The Econo lodge there is clean, and cheap, and lots of food around there....just a block or so to rt 16 Buchanan Hwy, and thru the state park, up and over thru Tazwell, and Brooks Garden (Gods Thumprint)....all super stuff!!!
just north of Blacksburg is rt 42, cumberland gap rd. which hits 615 and ends up at Eagle rock....I simply love that stretch of road.....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 11:24:35 AM »
  If you are exploring that side I would be staying in Wytheville if it were me.

Jim, Wythville totally sucks......unless you are drivng a big rig, and want a fleabag motel ..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :doublepuke:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..