Author Topic: She bit me!  (Read 3336 times)

Offline Jim __

She bit me!
« on: May 08, 2014, 01:44:01 PM »
For a lot of years I've been getting off of bikes the same way, left foot down, swing the right leg over and pop it up on the center-stand.  Well, Monday it all changed in a blink of an eye.  Pulled into the garage, left foot down and started to swing the right leg over.  Connie suddenly started to lean to the left.  By the time my right foot made it to the ground, the left foot peg was on top of my left foot and she was bearing down hard.  I held her there for what seem like an eternity trying to get my left foot free.  I finally had to let her go the rest of the way down.  Once on the tip-over bars I could rock her to get my foot out.  That little tramp came out of this unscathed.  I wound up totally embarrassed with a 1 broken bone and a hole from the peg feeler in my foot.  The fun continued at the emergency room since none of the staff had ever heard anyone actually admit that they dropped a motorcycle on themselves.  I haven't spoken to her since and may not for another 3 to 5 weeks!  But, when I do, I'll be sure to put her on the side stand, first, then get off the bike.

Offline MrPepsi

Re: She bit me!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 04:22:24 PM »
Wow, sounds very painful. I almost never dismount without putting the sidestand down, now I will change that to never. Glad she came out of it ok, sorry about your foot.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 06:44:13 PM »
Ouch! I mount and dismount the C14 like a horse. On the side stand, foot on the left peg and swing right leg over. I started doing this after scratching up the right side case with my right foot.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 05:21:34 AM »
I'll admit to doing 'something' like this in the past, in the VERY distant past in my younger years. .

I was on a dirt bike though. I popped a wheelie and thought that I it controlled. I didn't. The bike started going over on its side and I tried to save it. The bike came down on my left foot, peg first. The metal peg went through my boot and into the side of my foot making a hideous puncture wound. I still have the scar, a 100 years later, or so it seams... 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn