Author Topic: rattle by start up?  (Read 14077 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: rattle by start up?
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2012, 04:30:02 PM »
About the blackness: I booked the next service for next Thursday and I'm having a serious talk with my wallet about powder coating the rims in black. Oh, that ZG is a contagious pest...  ;)

;D ;D ;D

Offline leisyman

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2012, 01:54:59 PM »
11.6 on my SilverDammit? nuttin but a pipe :) At 6000 Elev wit da bags
is Black Faster?

jus sayin:)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2012, 05:20:50 PM »
11.6 on my SilverDammit? nuttin but a pipe :) At 6000 Elev wit da bags

If you are saying 1/4 mile, I have several documents from the web averaging 10.76@126 MPH as the best stock C14 times.   By "pipe", I suspect you mean muffler, and that will make little to no performance difference.

is Black Faster?

No
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2012, 07:18:27 AM »
Well, they certainly look the same and it is unlikely Kawasaki or any other mfg. would vary something like the CCT bore size by, say, 0.10 mm between models so they probably are interchangeable.

By the way, way back in the olden days Kawasaki designed a really clever 3- ball Sprague type self adjusting CCT for the KZ 1300 (the six cylinder). The only problem was that the balls dug into the shaft (easy boys!) after a bunch of miles and the CCT would suddenly retract and some valves would 'interrupt' some pistons. The 'fix' for the problem was to use a ZX 11 CCT, which looked exactly like the one you show in your photo- maybe this is a lesson we have to learn a few times?

Brian

The zx 14 and the zx12 tensioners  side by side.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline leisyman

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2012, 03:14:12 PM »
If you are saying 1/4 mile, I have several documents from the web averaging 10.76@126 MPH as the best stock C14 times.   By "pipe", I suspect you mean muffler, and that will make little to no performance difference.

But have YOU ridden the 1/4 mile at 10.76? My best time has been 11.76 at 6000ft elevation, Colorado thank you, and "da pipe' is a slip on Staintune, so bike is actually stock.
Apparently, I didn't make my intentions clear, was just ribbing the owners of the Black ones:)

'Scuse me if I offended you:)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2012, 03:25:06 PM »

But have YOU ridden the 1/4 mile at 10.76? My best time has been 11.76 at 6000ft elevation, Colorado thank you, and "da pipe' is a slip on Staintune, so bike is actually stock.
Apparently, I didn't make my intentions clear, was just ribbing the owners of the Black ones:)

'Scuse me if I offended you:)

He is always offended by all things anti-bazooka.

2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2012, 03:49:42 PM »
Now, that's an avatar, Pokey!  :thumbs:
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2012, 03:54:35 PM »
+1.  Me likey!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2012, 04:55:07 PM »
But have YOU ridden the 1/4 mile at 10.76?

OMG no.  I have not even tried :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2012, 05:01:57 PM »
Now, that's an avatar, Pokey!  :thumbs:

I thought it was time I posted a pic of me.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2012, 05:25:35 PM »
Right..... ::)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.