Author Topic: TRIP DONE!!!! 1.5 weeks off, where to go?  (Read 11659 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
TRIP DONE!!!! 1.5 weeks off, where to go?
« on: July 30, 2013, 04:11:39 PM »
I'm going to try and log a trip with no laptop, no iPad, and without a camera, just a phone

As of tomorrow its on to my daughter's in GA, moms in SC, TN/NC mountains, designer Billy Reid's place, and anywhere it may look interesting within that book on the seat within the Southeast

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:52:24 AM by stevewfl »
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: 1.5 weeks off, where to go?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 04:15:44 PM »
But if it really sux I'll pick up the brand new Nexus 7!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 04:20:38 PM »
Safe travels Steve!  :chugbeer:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 04:45:26 PM »
Safe travels Steve!  :chugbeer:

Thank you sir !

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 05:10:20 PM »
Have fun!  You just looking for roads or sites as well.  I like Tallulah gorge, amicalola falls, Fort Mountain, and all points in between.

Way too many great roads in that area.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 05:13:13 PM »
Have fun!  You just looking for roads or sites as well.  I like Tallulah gorge, amicalola falls, Fort Mountain, and all points in between.

Way too many great roads in that area.

Thanks!  Just messin' this trip =)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 05:14:18 PM »
1st stop for eats tomorrow will be the rickety old country place in the woods called "Shack by the Track".  They serve real Hickory smoked BBQ up there, no oak/palm tree stuff

46 Jackson Street
Saint George, GA 31562
(912) 843-8208

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 06:01:16 PM »
1st stop for eats tomorrow will be the rickety old country place in the woods called "Shack by the Track".  They serve real Hickory smoked BBQ up there, no oak/palm tree stuff

46 Jackson Street
Saint George, GA 31562
(912) 843-8208
You mean this little place?

Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 06:18:57 PM »
You mean this little place?

^^^^yes sir, want to ride up with me tomorrow?

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 06:37:43 PM »
Go to  Highlands NC and find the Mountain Fresh Grocery. Get their cheeseburger for lunch. You'll be glad. Nice roads, too.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 06:45:37 PM »
Go to  Highlands NC and find the Mountain Fresh Grocery. Get their cheeseburger for lunch. You'll be glad. Nice roads, too.

I ride all over that area, and never new about those top secret burgers.  thanks!

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 08:30:01 PM »
You bet. If it's still good, maybe a RTE. I went up 441 to Clayton, turned right on War Woman Dell Rd (at the Wendy's, I think) and went all the way to the end where it dead ends into Hwy 28. From (Turn left) there to Highlands is crooked as can be!) I went to the visitor's center and asked where to get a burger. The place is at the end of main street in what looks like an IGA market. the road appears to dead end into it. The parking lot was packed with Porches, Land Rovers, Jags, MBs, so I shoe horned one old
C-10 into it. Good luck.
Ron
2014 C-14 Red

Offline AZ-ZG

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 09:54:21 PM »
1.5 weeks without pressure of where to be at what time is the best moto trip.  Enjoy your journey and eat well!   ;D
I live. I ride. I am. ZG14 
IBA#53928

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 10:15:43 PM »
You bet. If it's still good, maybe a RTE. I went up 441 to Clayton, turned right on War Woman Dell Rd (at the Wendy's, I think) and went all the way to the end where it dead ends into Hwy 28. From (Turn left) there to Highlands is crooked as can be!) I went to the visitor's center and asked where to get a burger. The place is at the end of main street in what looks like an IGA market. the road appears to dead end into it. The parking lot was packed with Porches, Land Rovers, Jags, MBs, so I shoe horned one old
C-10 into it. Good luck.
Ron

Yes sir I love HWY 28 both North and South of Franklin!  Still can;t believe I didn't know about those top secret burgers!

1.5 weeks without pressure of where to be at what time is the best moto trip.  Enjoy your journey and eat well!   ;D

Indeed and thanks!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 10:15:05 AM »

One owner, low mileage, parked for thirty years, and no charge for the portion of the truck already rusted into the earth

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 10:16:16 AM »
OHHHHH  MY...  Columbia, SC

Speaking of bbq i saw my special friend jayne today and ate DELICIOUS SC BBQ.

Hickory smoked brisket, southern  hush puppies, collard greens, home slaw with dill on top 

I drove moms cage i borrowed around back to see the real hickory, yup it is there no oak or palm tree

Highly suggest

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 10:17:15 AM »
Finally at the edge of the Appalachians, Taylorsville NC for curves and friends.

So the kind zombie attendant informs me this gas won't work on my bike because its leaded, Damn, at .37 a gallon i wanted it!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 10:18:25 AM »
Next, Hickory NC, "Post Office BBQ".........    SYTRONGLY SUGGEST!

Now we are into the nc bbq, with both white and red slaw. Another no carb delicacy!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 10:19:52 AM »
Now we 're into the good stuff

I like me some one lane bridges

A must eat at place! Highlands, NC grocery store. FORUM BRUTHA' Suggested!!!!  8)

I thought if it stayed parked here a long enough for me to consumer an iced venti it may turn into a Duc

Still haven't purchased a tablet, but got a magnifying glass and a stylus for the droid phone

Coming up - Country music hall of fame tomorrow and grand ole oprey. Not into country but i gotta live just a little

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 10:20:49 AM »
Run my bike up to the Grand Ole Oprey without going to jail.