Author Topic: Trip To Lake Titus  (Read 1270 times)

Offline CNYDON

Trip To Lake Titus
« on: August 31, 2016, 09:04:48 AM »
   I rode up to our camp on Lake Titus, NY (where the escaped cons were last summer) this past weekend a distance of about 220 miles from our  home in the Finger Lakes. I only ran into rain in the one place where the chance was near zero (of course) but the Concours and a light rain suit kept me dry for the 30-40 minutes I was in and out of the wet stuff. I've checked my mileage twice --a great 49 mpg and 45 mpg. I was also able to evaluate some add-ons I got recently:
   Tech Spec tank pads--great look and protection as well as comfortable place for the knees
   Vance& Hines CS-1 slip on-nice sound (with helmet and plugs -near silent),looks very good and of course much lighter than stock
   Alaska Leather sheepskin seat cover-- I have used on other bikes--a must -have on a hot day; good cushioning and more space for air to circulate
   Kabuto Ibuki helmet--quiet great air flow on top for inside flow not so much for the chin but it was a very hot ,humid day so I don't know if anything would've helped much more
   tennis gel grip-- I tried this on my throttle--looks are good and was comfortable
       I have to give Revzilla credit for their service and prices for the helmet, pipe, pads 
   The Concours was fast and comfortable no matter what road I was on.