Author Topic: Cant get key to turn  (Read 33321 times)

Offline Jimmy Lucas

Re: Cant get key to turn
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2012, 04:07:49 PM »
i'm new to the concours 14, got a well used 2008 model recently and am really liking it, is this issue only on the new ones or on the older ones too?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2012, 04:57:07 PM »
I don't think so and possibly...

I may be revising this prognosis.....
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 06:47:33 AM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2012, 05:09:07 PM »
Actually, its so hard to tell but we all like to think the issue is with the older ones and not the newer ones. Seems like there have been fewer reported cases from the 2010's and beyond, than with the 2009s and before.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2012, 06:02:51 PM »
Well, the problem showed up on '08's and has continued through to at least the 2011 models (see the thread about the guy stuck in Mexico with a new 2011- http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6941.0 ). There have not been any part number changes on the 2012 that I can see so..... ?

Brian

i'm new to the concours 14, got a well used 2008 model recently and am really liking it, is this issue only on the new ones or on the older ones too?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Jay

• 1979 Kawasaki KZ1000ST
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2012, 08:17:10 PM »
Well, the problem showed up on '08's and has continued through to at least the 2011 models (see the thread about the guy stuck in Mexico with a new 2011- http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6941.0 ). There have not been any part number changes on the 2012 that I can see so..... ?

Brian

You Da Man!
- 2011 Kawasaki Concours 14, Black
- 1979 Kawasaki KZ1000ST (Shaft Drive)
- 1976 Triumph Bonneville 750

Offline jjnorc

• 2009 C14 Non-ABS. Red.
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2012, 08:22:06 PM »
 :o Yea, Proactive !!! It's been a long week.
Because turning doesn't suck.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2012, 06:48:08 AM »

Don't fret too much about it. I bought my '08 new and I've never seen the problem. I know what to do if it does show up though.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2012, 06:46:21 AM »
Kurt, have you got the bike to the shop yet?  Just wondering about the outcome.  Please update us with the final resolution.  Thanks.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2012, 04:13:24 PM »
Another thread ending with the same result

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2012, 04:20:21 PM »
True but the guy was in Mexico and may not be back home yet. Hey, he may <never> get back home given the horrible nature <k-word> of his problem.  ;)

Brian

Another thread ending with the same result

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2012, 04:34:41 PM »
I guess you are right, I should not jump to conclusions.  After all he is brave riding to Mexico on his bike, I cannot say that I would be that fearless..  After looking at the map he was not in that bad of a location compared to Juarez.  BTW looking forward to installing the security blanket.

Offline Jimmy Lucas

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2012, 09:35:36 PM »
maybe he is out riding his r1200rt.  :rotflmao:  :-X

i just read this hole tread from begining and i call bs. lol

we have a bunch of truble makers over on the ninja forum too, see it alot.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2012, 03:48:23 AM »
Guys, you did see T's posts a page or two back didn't you?  Just because someone doesn't post back immediately after an issue doesn't mean we read something else into this.  People ask for assistance all the time and then don't update us after the fact.  Doesn't mean anything.  So let's keep it that way for now.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2012, 04:54:14 AM »
Guys, you did see T's posts a page or two back didn't you?  Just because someone doesn't post back immediately after an issue doesn't mean we read something else into this.  People ask for assistance all the time and then don't update us after the fact.  Doesn't mean anything.  So let's keep it that way for now.

Jeeze mom! You never let us have any fun...     :P

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2012, 10:34:54 AM »
Jim, the reference was not just to this thread.  He did the same thing in his last thread as well.
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=5675.105  Maybe he is just more into riding than providing an ending...

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2012, 10:38:14 AM »
Not everyone is a post addict like us! ;D
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2012, 10:46:05 AM »
Yeah, I know.  But still, let's give him a break on this for now.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2012, 11:48:36 AM »
Yeah, I know.  But still, let's give him a break on this for now.

Ok we can do that, just this once, er, twice.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2012, 02:03:20 PM »
The reality is we provide a tremendous service to C14 owners and there is no requirement that anyone reciprocate. There will always be those who have no interest in our community except when they need help. And that's ok.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2012, 02:56:31 PM »
The reality is we provide a tremendous service to C14 owners and there is no requirement that anyone reciprocate. There will always be those who have no interest in our community except when they need help. And that's ok.

:thumbs:

You're very right. I enjoy helping other riders when/if I can.