Author Topic: In the 'no good can happen from this' category....  (Read 3628 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: In the 'no good can happen from this' category....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 10:26:45 AM »
"Speed and alcohol were not factors in the incident, Probus said. The van’s driver is a 41-year-old Culpeper woman. Charges are pending."

Charges for what?  Allowing someone else to be incredibly stupid in/on your vehicle?  I guess a suitable charge would be endangering OTHER DRIVERS on the road.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 10:33:50 AM »
Remains to be seen....pun intended.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline seagiant

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 10:46:53 AM »
Hi,
        I knew a beautiful young woman, that died the same way, trying to hold down an inflated raft, going to a spring runoff, here in Florida!

The driver was her boyfriend, wind got under the raft and took her off with it.

Unfortunately, her head hit the curb.

Not good!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 11:37:21 AM »
I knew a beautiful young woman, that died the same way, trying to hold down an inflated raft, going to a spring runoff, here in Florida!

The driver was her boyfriend, wind got under the raft and took her off with it.

Unfortunately, her head hit the curb.  Not good!

Although there is no substitute for THINKING (what is inside the head), it does illustrate the importance of a good helmet to protect the head.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 12:55:51 PM »
Hard to believe no alcohol was involved in that event....
I always like Culpepper, had to stop every other time I came thru there for a tour of....
http://www.belmontfarmdistillery.com/virginia-lightning

Chuck Miller, the founder, is a real hoot to sit and talk to....

I'm sorry, but I find great humor in some of the stupid things folks do, and also knowing it could have been avoided...
With that said, this made me snork coffee on my tablet, because many years ago the National Lampoon Radio Hour aired The Immigrants...
And knowing there are a LOT of immigrants in Culpepper, I just have to share... it seems time never changes....

http://youtu.be/GE9AQhfz2fM

Grandma... you ride up on top......

And it goes on even today..... brilliant....

http://youtu.be/aUOMAC-5X8o

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 06:52:41 AM »
"Speed and alcohol were not factors in the incident, Probus said. The van’s driver is a 41-year-old Culpeper woman. Charges are pending."

Charges for what?  Allowing someone else to be incredibly stupid in/on your vehicle?  I guess a suitable charge would be endangering OTHER DRIVERS on the road.

Speed was most certainly a factor! Without sufficient speed there wouldn't be enough air getting under the mattress for it to go airborne.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 08:51:02 PM »
Speed was most certainly a factor! Without sufficient speed there wouldn't be enough air getting under the mattress for it to go airborne.

That sound suspiciously like physics, which an awful lot of people just don't understand nor believe in.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 04:38:12 AM »
That sound suspiciously like physics, which an awful lot of people just don't understand nor believe in.

I'll bet that the driver has a new understanding...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 05:03:15 AM »
I really doubt it.  :doh:

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 08:11:35 AM »
Gravity is too much for many to understand.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....