Author Topic: just saw this about a short rider  (Read 2230 times)

Offline mellow yellow

just saw this about a short rider
« on: May 31, 2017, 05:32:35 PM »
I just saw this on youtube. being the fact that I'm a short rider, I'm always  curious how other short riders do it. after watching this video, I can't see how anyone can complain about being too short for a particular bike. https://youtu.be/r3HZATpziDg

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: just saw this about a short rider
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 09:27:19 PM »
Although neat, what the video does not show is how she deals with backing up, tight parking, tight slow turning, dealing with gravel, hills, stop and go creeping traffic at 5mph, etc.  With my short 27" inseam, I can relate to the challenges of bikes designed only for the "average" leg length, but I would never try to drive a motorcycle which was so tall I couldn't at least have both toes touching at the same time and rest comfortably at a stop with at least one foot flat down!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 09:52:43 PM »
Well, other than being 500 pounds heavier, it's not that much different than how I used to mount my Murray when I was ten years old, jump on one pedal and swing my leg over as it rolled forward.  I admire the rider's skill and ability to adapt.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline mellow yellow

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 06:59:14 AM »
Although neat, what the video does not show is how she deals with backing up, tight parking, tight slow turning, dealing with gravel, hills, stop and go creeping traffic at 5mph, etc.  With my short 27" inseam, I can relate to the challenges of bikes designed only for the "average" leg length, but I would never try to drive a motorcycle which was so tall I couldn't at least have both toes touching at the same time and rest comfortably at a stop with at least one foot flat down!
I have a 28" inseam and ride the stock connie. I have to be careful how I park. the fact that your inseam is 1 inch shorter, did you modify your bike in anyway? just noticed in your avatar picture that you have a pic. of a c-14. that bike has a 32" seat height. If you're riding that, I'm very impress.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 03:07:38 PM »
I have a 28" inseam and ride the stock connie. I have to be careful how I park. the fact that your inseam is 1 inch shorter, did you modify your bike in anyway? just noticed in your avatar picture that you have a pic. of a c-14. that bike has a 32" seat height. If you're riding that, I'm very impress.

Yes, it is suspension-lowered by 1", low model seat by another 1", and taller boots by something like 1".  Even with all that, I have to be very careful how I park and such.
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=260.0
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc