Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852988 times)

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1020 on: April 05, 2015, 06:44:27 PM »
Changed the headlamp. High beam not working.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1021 on: April 05, 2015, 06:47:03 PM »
Changed the headlamp. High beam not working.
Was it working before you changed it?

Offline harry76

• Arena
« Reply #1022 on: April 05, 2015, 06:48:11 PM »
Rode the crap out of it today, it was a wonderful day in southern Indiana and the roads seem to be clear of most of the winter sand.
Saw another C14 on state Road 3 near Westport.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #1023 on: April 05, 2015, 07:31:47 PM »
Was it working before you changed it?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: uuuhhh...no.

Offline tomp

« Reply #1024 on: April 05, 2015, 07:46:23 PM »
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: uuuhhh...no.
Gotta love to love the confusing aspects of the English language.  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1025 on: April 05, 2015, 07:49:52 PM »
More like the confusing aspects of tweeterese.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #1026 on: April 05, 2015, 07:52:38 PM »
I'm not confused. I know exactly what I mean. Just the small fact nobody else does that gets in the way.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1027 on: April 05, 2015, 08:12:26 PM »
I finally got out to mine Friday and found it with a dead battery (no surprised really). So threw it on the charger Sat. and brought it up to 10 volts. A few more hours charging today and it hit 12 volts but while the dash and LCD did light up (and of course KiPass worked), the readings was kinda' funny and the bike showed me every single error it knows I think- I saw errors that I did not even know were coded into the bike. This was as the system voltage was passing below 8.0 volts of course and the ECU and dash display were getting pretty lightheaded. Methinks me needs a new battery so I ordered one and it is on the way.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1028 on: April 05, 2015, 08:16:40 PM »
I'll have 5 years on mine soon but it still starts fine even after letting it sit a month or so at a time.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #1029 on: April 05, 2015, 08:38:50 PM »
Since the 14 came into my garage  the RT and the Dyna have seen little use time.  Had to replace the Dyna battery, and a day charge fixed the RT's.  So far, the 14 has started every time, and hope it will continue, as it is still my favorite scoot.  tp

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1030 on: April 05, 2015, 08:41:49 PM »
200 mile trip today to RIC and then later back... working fine, but a little chilly.  Amazing- not a single accident, lane closure, slowdown, incident, ANYTHING the whole way there and back.  I can't even remember the last time THAT happened (and I make that trip at least 8 times a year).  Disclaimer:  My memory isn't all that great, though.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #1031 on: April 06, 2015, 11:48:31 AM »
Since the 14 came into my garage  the RT and the Dyna have seen little use time.  Had to replace the Dyna battery, and a day charge fixed the RT's.  So far, the 14 has started every time, and hope it will continue, as it is still my favorite scoot.  tp

this was one of my reasons for selling my HD ultra last year, I felt bad for her just sitting...now someone else is enjoying her.  I am fan of battery tenders, my HD was a 09 original battery always on a tender and never had a battery issue, I have all my machines on tenders.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1032 on: April 07, 2015, 12:14:33 AM »
V'Jim cover your ears eyes.....

I washed mine today.  :o :P :nuts: :censored:

OK V'Jim, it's safe.

I always thought that bikini bike washes were about dirty ol' men lookin' at the girls. Now I'm wiser. Bikini bike washes are about letting the girls think it's about them, when in reality it's about passing off a crappy job to someone else for a few bucks. What a royal pain, more nooks an crannies for dirt to hide, and then it starts to all look clean so you rinse it off and in a few minutes all the dirt starts showing up like you've done nothing but get you shoes and pants wet. Start scrubbing some more and you find new places that you know you missed the previous time. I think I now know why I always liked the looks of Honda's Pacific Coast bike, it looks easy to wash. Then you've got to roll the bike forward so you can get at other parts of the wheels to get them clean......from now on I'm gonna hunt down those bikini bike washes like I'm a pimply faced seventeen year old.

http://tinyurl.com/nh76zsb

Hmmmm....on second thought, maybe I'll just wash it once a year and come here to vent about it. ::)

sailor_chic

« Reply #1033 on: April 07, 2015, 04:19:40 AM »
Getting your shoes and pants wet is the reason  why we wear a bikini to clean,less to get wet, and quick dry. Sadly I don't have that 17 year old body that you referred to.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #1034 on: April 07, 2015, 05:55:49 AM »
I actually find this bike very easy to clean, my previous bike was a real pain with all that chrome and real paint.

Sailor chic..not all of us want a 17 year old....I prefer my woman with a little patina.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1035 on: April 07, 2015, 06:41:03 AM »
I actually find this bike very easy to clean, my previous bike was a real pain with all that chrome and real paint.

Sailor chic..not all of us want a 17 year old....I prefer my woman with a little patina.

+1. On both counts.  8)

I enjoy cleaning by bikes, there's something about a really clean vehicle. You have NO idea what condition a vehicle is in till you properly wash and wax it.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1036 on: April 07, 2015, 07:03:11 AM »
A garden hose and duct tape.  :)

Offline rwnielsen

« Reply #1037 on: April 07, 2015, 10:32:38 AM »

I go for the free hot dogs  8)

elp_jc

« Reply #1038 on: April 07, 2015, 12:08:03 PM »
Sadly I don't have that 17 year old body that you referred to.
Hey, don't feel bad. I'm sure you have a better body than most 17-yr olds I see around where I live ;). The obesity rate is ridiculous, even among young people.

Offline tomp

« Reply #1039 on: April 07, 2015, 06:14:37 PM »
Nicole, you posted a pic a while back for me, remember?  17 year old girls's are simply jealous of you, and hope the grow up to look like you, and not their mama's.  17 year old boys know that the girls they know won't end up looking like you, but the girl's mamas.  Such is their disappointment in life. 

Maturity is something, that if we live long enough, we hopefully will possess.  I believe I have gotten half way there, by 80, maybe all the way.