Author Topic: Please tell me about Colorado  (Read 12619 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Please tell me about Colorado
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 07:37:22 PM »
Wife needs to be there about mid March. If our house sells early I will go with her otherwise I move when the house sells.

Colorado is much closer to Idaho than Alaska, does this mean you're gonna meet me and Gumby at the rally in August?  :-\

Offline TJ

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 08:32:08 PM »
Sounds like it could be a good plan but much depends on the selling of our home and the buying of the new one as well as getting all my toys from Alaska to CO. If I get delayed moving out might ride the Connie down the Alcan one last time.
Not sure when I can get online again as we are heading to Costa Rica tomorrow to chase some sun and fish for billfish:)
2012 Black Kawasaki Concours

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 11:15:20 AM »
Tons of places to use the ATV's to go hunting and fishing... BLM land. 

Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Leo

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 02:47:40 PM »
Copper Mountain, Colorado in June 2008.  Part of my trip to Pike's Peak.
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline stewart

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2013, 06:47:47 PM »
Can't comment on the riding, the roads etc....but if you don't already...I'd learn to ski and enjoy winter for what it is. I've been lucky enough to ski three times in CO and would do it again in a heart beat.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2013, 07:52:49 PM »
Wow I just found this thread. Welcome to Colorado! I live just north of Colorado Springs. Weather permitting the riding in the mountains is FANTASTIC!!! Here's a few pics to whet your appetite (but your probably used to this kind of scenery in Alaska):

If you like a little adventure biking.

Offline TJ

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2013, 12:09:00 AM »
Took a whooping 7 days to sell our house once it was listed. Looks like I'll be down there about the end of April but it will take at least this summer to get settled in as we need to buy a house and I need to fly back to Alaska and drive the RV and at least one of our trucks down to Colorado. Play time will be limited this year but we are looking forward to becoming Bronco fans, although the Steelers will always remain #1 to us. ;D

Might pick up a new KLR or Triumph 800 once we settle in.

Offline DenverC-14

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 10:36:42 AM »
Plenty of good roads around. Grab yourself a Butler Map. They have lots of good info and the roads are mostly color coded to the level of fun you can have on them.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 10:46:55 AM »
Took a whooping 7 days to sell our house once it was listed. Looks like I'll be down there about the end of April but it will take at least this summer to get settled in as we need to buy a house and I need to fly back to Alaska and drive the RV and at least one of our trucks down to Colorado. Play time will be limited this year but we are looking forward to becoming Bronco fans, although the Steelers will always remain #1 to us. ;D

Might pick up a new KLR or Triumph 800 once we settle in.

Wow! 7 days in this market is quick! PM me when you get settled and lets go for a ride. Most Saturday early mornings I do breakfast rides with a couple of friends with FJR's. We do local mountain roads and generally get home by noon or so. Your welcome to join us, just PM me.

Offline TJ

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2013, 05:39:55 PM »
Will do. Am hoping I can ride by May or June as my right ACL was just replaced last Thursday. I will seriously need a nice long WARM ride by then.

Offline TJ

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2013, 04:54:53 PM »
Sitting in a hotel in Colorado Springs this week looking for a house to buy (found one). You guys sure have some great weather! It was 65 earlier when I was out driving around checking out the local gun stores. Visited Rocky Mountain Cycles, man they got a lot of bikes and stuff in that store!
Can't wait to move in mid May and have my bike delivered.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2013, 04:57:21 PM »
Glad you're enjoying your time down here.
Rob

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2013, 08:53:47 AM »
Sitting in a hotel in Colorado Springs this week looking for a house to buy (found one). You guys sure have some great weather! It was 65 earlier when I was out driving around checking out the local gun stores. Visited Rocky Mountain Cycles, man they got a lot of bikes and stuff in that store!
Can't wait to move in mid May and have my bike delivered.

Warm this weekend, cold and snow last weekend. That's the way it works here but I'm guessing still warmer then Alaska. I was out and about yesterday in Colorado Springs on my blue 2010 with black canyon cages, Corbin seat and passenger backrest. I expect to be out and about today (Saturday) as well. If you see me, wave.

Offline TJ

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2013, 08:35:10 AM »
Bike will finally arrive with our household goods on May 13th! Ready to ride but I have a question, does the State ever clean the sand off the roads and intersections? It is everywhere around the Springs and Peyton area.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2013, 09:13:12 PM »
Bike will finally arrive with our household goods on May 13th! Ready to ride but I have a question, does the State ever clean the sand off the roads and intersections? It is everywhere around the Springs and Peyton area.

They probably do what many other states do and let mother nature clean the sand with cleansing rain.  That is unless it is an intersection where one of the politians drive every day.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2013, 10:03:16 PM »
...I have a question, does the State ever clean the sand off the roads and intersections?

July... :o
'02 C-10

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2013, 03:08:22 PM »
... rain and wind.... rain and wind.  8)
Rob

Offline TJ

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2013, 09:34:36 AM »
FINALLY managed a little free time yesterday since we are still "moving in". Basically I had not rode the Connie since about last July due to seriously crappy weather in Alaska and a bum knee that needed a new ACL.
Forgot how much fun this bike really was and had a seriously hard time staying under the speed limit.

You guys will most likely laugh but it was 75F when I left the garage and that was the warmest day ever seen on the Concours. Damn near perfect. I been kicking around the idea of getting a BMW 1600 GTL but now just think the Connie will stay in the garage for awhile longer:)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2013, 10:19:47 AM »
Glad you got out! I was out and about all weekend. I did see a black C14 yesterday. I can't remember where. Might have been you. Rode down to Rocky Mnt Cycle Plaza. Powers all the way from 83 to Platte. And 83 from Powers to 105.

Offline TJ

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2013, 03:48:09 PM »
I drove in on 24 from Peyton then headed up Powers to Woodman Rd. Was out and about from about 6:15 to 8 pm. Couldn't miss me as I am now wearing a BRIGHT Hi Vis yellow mesh jacket:).

Did visit Rocky Mountain Cycles last month, that place is HUGE! Keep on looking at the 650 KLR's and keep on trying to talk myself out of getting one.