Author Topic: Pickup driver tries to kill motorcyclist.  (Read 9726 times)

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
Re: Pickup driver tries to kill motorcyclist.
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 03:52:14 PM »
please ... don't roll your eyes, and condone attempted murder because of a person wanting to ride faster than some guy in a truck....who has no regard for life

I don't see where I condoned anything... The guy in the truck needs some serious jail time, but the guys on the bikes are by no means innocent...

`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Offline Furbo

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 07:39:32 AM »
I more than likely would've brandished my sidearm in that situation.

Unwise. He has a much more stable firing platform, you need both hands to control your bike, and whatever fire power you may have in the tankbag, Bubba's got more in the glove box, under the seat, and hanging on the rack in the window.
05 C-10
Eccl: 9: 7-10

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 10:08:57 AM »
I don't see where I condoned anything... The guy in the truck needs some serious jail time, but the guys on the bikes are by no means innocent...

So......you have never passed on a double yellow? ;) I had a very similar situation happen to me here in Ohio, a good ole boy didnt like me passing his big jackep up 4x4 "wasnt a bad pass either". That is when I lift up my jacket and show them my holstered XD, their mood tends to change.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline mtn.connie

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2011, 11:02:06 AM »
So......you have never passed on a double yellow? ;) I had a very similar situation happen to me here in Ohio, a good ole boy didnt like me passing his big jackep up 4x4 "wasnt a bad pass either". That is when I lift up my jacket and show them my holstered XD, their mood tends to change.

All I can say to this post is...WOW. People like you are what gives gun owners and motorcyclists a bad rap. You run around "brandishing" your weapon, you are the one asking for a beat down, arrest or bullet to the head. I also have a CC, but you will not see my weapon before you see the muzzle flash. To each his own G!

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2011, 02:03:28 PM »
All I can say to this post is...WOW. People like you are what gives gun owners and motorcyclists a bad rap. You run around "brandishing" your weapon, you are the one asking for a beat down, arrest or bullet to the head. I also have a CC, but you will not see my weapon before you see the muzzle flash. To each his own G!

Yeah your a funny guy.........................you are also a saint, and you are also "one of those people" that claim they would only pull their gun if they are gonna shoot it "horsecrap". I am not brandishing my weapon, OHIO has open carry as well and I do occasionly open carry on my motorcycles "mostly CC". Never said I was gonna pull my gun out now did I, and I seriously doubt that an idiot who is looking to cause you harm is gonna call the police on you. ::) I will gladly take my chances with an asshat who is looking to harm me, and I will also take any possible repercussions with law enforcement should it warrant it. So yes.........I reckon I am saying that I would for sure show and possibly even brandish my weapon, if it were to keep me from getting hurt or killed. So now how about you explain to me, how I give motorcyclists a bad rap?
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline mtn.connie

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 02:23:54 PM »
Yup, passing on a double yellow and flashing a holstered weapon gives a real nice impression. And yes, I have taken many years of martial arts and CQC and will not EVER "flash" my weapon in an effort to scare someone, especially while piloting a motorcycle. I`m done with you. Like I said to each his own and I do classify your behavior as asshattery. I challenge you to post this in the range section and see what kind of response you get????

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2011, 02:37:53 PM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2011, 02:59:38 PM »
Could very well be......
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline mtn.connie

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 03:02:14 PM »
I love that word! How else does one describe the behavior of an asshat???? I cannot however take credit. I saw it on a football discussion forum and adopted it into my vocab.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 03:21:58 PM »
Yup, passing on a double yellow and flashing a holstered weapon gives a real nice impression. And yes, I have taken many years of martial arts and CQC and will not EVER "flash" my weapon in an effort to scare someone, especially while piloting a motorcycle. I`m done with you. Like I said to each his own and I do classify your behavior as asshattery. I challenge you to post this in the range section and see what kind of response you get????

I don't see what Pokey posted as trying to "scare someone".  He is meeting a threat with a visual display of his willingness to defend himself.  I've stopped threats without drawing my weapon on several occasions in the same manner.  (Though I've been fortunate to never have needed to do it while riding.)

Your claim that you'd only remove your weapon from the holster if you were going to shoot could be looked on by a prosecutor (or a defense attorney - depending on how the situation ended) as premeditation for murder.  Probably something you should reconsider posting in a public forum.

NOTE: Just to clarify - Some states consider showing a concealed weapon, even still in its holster, to be "brandishing."
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 04:48:29 PM »
Yup, passing on a double yellow and flashing a holstered weapon gives a real nice impression. And yes, I have taken many years of martial arts and CQC and will not EVER "flash" my weapon in an effort to scare someone, especially while piloting a motorcycle. I`m done with you. Like I said to each his own and I do classify your behavior as asshattery. I challenge you to post this in the range section and see what kind of response you get? ???

I think I will do just that..............and I love the word "asshattery". :thumbs: I sure would love to see how you would react if put into a situation like that "I have" and no I didnt pass the asshattery redneck in the 4x4 on a double yellow. No martial arts in the world is gonna save you from a person trying to kill you in a vehicle, and especially if they have a gun. Fight fire with fire and see who decides to back down. So.........your saying that you have never passed on a double yellow "ever"? ;)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 07:31:02 PM by Pokey »
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 04:54:21 PM »
I don't see what Pokey posted as trying to "scare someone".  He is meeting a threat with a visual display of his willingness to defend himself.  I've stopped threats without drawing my weapon on several occasions in the same manner.  (Though I've been fortunate to never have needed to do it while riding.)

Your claim that you'd only remove your weapon from the holster if you were going to shoot could be looked on by a prosecutor (or a defense attorney - depending on how the situation ended) as premeditation for murder.  Probably something you should reconsider posting in a public forum.

NOTE: Just to clarify - Some states consider showing a concealed weapon, even still in its holster, to be "brandishing."

Yup...............and that is a very controversial and somewhat gray area at that. Hence if I always were to ride open carry, then I would be breaking no laws.....and the chance for asshattery may not escalate further. And thank you for trying to see my point, the best rule of thumb is to try and not put yourself into a bad situation. Sometimes it takes practically nothing to set a person off, you gotta have an equalizer with you sometimes. I will protect myself and family at all costs, it is just ashamed that our judicial system is extremely flawed at times.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 07:31:53 PM by Pokey »
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Bob

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2011, 07:17:33 AM »
I personally see nothing wrong with Pokey's thoughts. I see it as if it may let the driver know that his continued aggressions will not go unmet. That just may defuse the situation. Of course there is always the chance of it escalating it as well. If I thought that showing an aggressive driver that I do have my carry weapon, might convince him to back it down. Well then I might do just that. The idea of a carry weapon is to protect yourself. If showing it as your form of protection is your first step in this situation, then so be it! This guy was IMO a total threat to these riders lives.
 This person obviously wasn't content on just trying to run the motorcycles off the road or under his truck. He also decided to chase them down as well. So unless the motorcyclist's were prepaired to ride at extremely fast speeds to get away from him, which that in itself can be very dangerous. Nothing was going to change it other than them stopping at the stop sign and confronting him, or showing that you do have a defence. It might keep him from getting out of his truck with a weapon at said stop sign. That fact that it was all on camera from the rear bike, just bolsters the riders defence in justifiably showing the weapon in an attempt to protect themselves from the aggressor! Of course this is just my opinion.