Author Topic: Concours 14 suspension setup  (Read 85554 times)

Offline MrPepsi

Re: Concours 14 suspension setup
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2011, 09:02:18 AM »
This worksheet did wonders for my two up riding feel.
I used the two up setting 2 and it was awesome.
Stopped at a weigh station and topped out at 1100 lbs fully loaded, two up with all gear.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Ninjadad

• Crack Throttle and Roll
    • 2Wheel4Fun.com
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2011, 08:57:20 PM »
New to the site and wanted to say what's up. Was looking for information on C14 suspension settings and this site popped up. Like what I've been reading and think I'll stay a while.

I changed my settings based on the PDF, will let you know how it feels in the morning.

Any 14 riders in Lancaster?
WWW.2WHEEL4FUN.COM

The Journey is in the ride not the destination.

Sofa King

« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2011, 10:38:39 PM »
New to the site and wanted to say what's up. Was looking for information on C14 suspension settings and this site popped up. Like what I've been reading and think I'll stay a while.

I changed my settings based on the PDF, will let you know how it feels in the morning.

Any 14 riders in Lancaster?

Which Lancaster?

Offline okxd45

« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2011, 10:40:33 PM »
He's talking California.....on his profile.
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline Ninjadad

• 2Wheel4Fun.com
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2011, 07:01:45 AM »
Dough!!  Sorry about that, Yes Lancaster, California
WWW.2WHEEL4FUN.COM

Offline Ninjadad

• 2Wheel4Fun.com
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2011, 10:59:14 AM »
Height 5'11
Weight 230
Man, after the selected changes it felt like I rode in on a new bike this morning. It's a short 30 min ride with very few curves, but the curves I did take I paid close attention to my turn in and how the bike was reacting.

Before the change the bike would run wide and i had to really strongarm it to hold the line, and on roll-ons I could feel it squatting as I rollded on the throttle. Now after the change

Front 16MM up top and 3 clicks out from full in.
Rear 25 clicks in from full out and 1.5 turns out from full in.

My connie falls into the curve and holds the line without me forcing it to.
Suspension feels solid and firm rolling down the road, the plushy feel is gone but i prefer to have the solid feeling when I'm in the twisties.
The roll on squat was minimal, and the rush of power is almost immediate.

Heading out o Malibu this weekend and will continue to pay attention on the handling and let you know if I made additional adjustments.

Hope this helps other riders over 150 pounds (he he).
WWW.2WHEEL4FUN.COM

Offline gtrdon

« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2011, 07:38:54 PM »
I remember this from the old site I think it was based on 190lb rider. I have used these settings been very pleased.
08 Kawasaki Concours 14
06 Kawasaki ZX14
86 Kawasaki ZX1000
76 Yamaha RD400

Offline gonzosc1

« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »
Height 5'11
Weight 230
Man, after the selected changes it felt like I rode in on a new bike this morning. It's a short 30 min ride with very few curves, but the curves I did take I paid close attention to my turn in and how the bike was reacting.

Before the change the bike would run wide and i had to really strongarm it to hold the line, and on roll-ons I could feel it squatting as I rollded on the throttle. Now after the change

Front 16MM up top and 3 clicks out from full in.
Rear 25 clicks in from full out and 1.5 turns out from full in.

My connie falls into the curve and holds the line without me forcing it to.
Suspension feels solid and firm rolling down the road, the plushy feel is gone but i prefer to have the solid feeling when I'm in the twisties.
The roll on squat was minimal, and the rush of power is almost immediate.

Heading out o Malibu this weekend and will continue to pay attention on the handling and let you know if I made additional adjustments.

Hope this helps other riders over 150 pounds (he he).

16mm's on front preload???? and your 230lbs.
 just doesn't sound right, but if it works what the hell.  8)   it just caught my eye cuz factory setup is 14mm for 150lb person. I'm 180lbs with front preload set at 10mm.  factory setting was way to mushy with very heavy nose dive under braking.  now our rear setting are close together

Offline qyetman

« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2011, 09:46:05 PM »
IRISH, I am 5'10' 44 and at 150# the heaviest I have ever been. I have had 3 C10's and ridden thousands of miles, solo snd 2up, never had an issue handling my bikes. This is my first C14. I have about 600 miles solo and 300 miles 2up no problems so far. Always said I would rather be skinny than overweight!!

Offline Ninjadad

• 2Wheel4Fun.com
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2011, 11:04:47 AM »
I'll recheck that tonight, maybe I made a mistake...Thanks for the follow-up.
WWW.2WHEEL4FUN.COM

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2012, 03:27:42 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but I was searching for some info and found myself here. I have never really done any adjustments on my suspension since I got the bike....it felt pretty good after delivery and I just left it alone. Well, on the 4th we had family/friends over and my curious nephew was hanging out with the guys in the garage. He was fascinated with the C14 so I let him set on it and act like he was riding, all innocent enough. Well, when I wasnt looking he started inspecting everything and my brother caught him turning the rear dampner knob like it was a spinning top. I went out there today to put it back to normal and I am not sure where normal is. I see postings refering to "clicks" but mine doesnt "click".... in fact, i am not finding an all the way in or out either..... it just seems to turn and turn and turn. What has this kid done to my adjuster??
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2012, 05:53:06 AM »
It should be more of a 'detent' feeling and not a 'click' as such.  You should feel something, though.  Just checked mine and it does detent, but it takes nearly a turn to do so on mine.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2012, 05:53:56 AM »
I know this is an old thread, but I was searching for some info and found myself here. I have never really done any adjustments on my suspension since I got the bike....it felt pretty good after delivery and I just left it alone. Well, on the 4th we had family/friends over and my curious nephew was hanging out with the guys in the garage. He was fascinated with the C14 so I let him set on it and act like he was riding, all innocent enough. Well, when I wasnt looking he started inspecting everything and my brother caught him turning the rear dampner knob like it was a spinning top. I went out there today to put it back to normal and I am not sure where normal is. I see postings refering to "clicks" but mine doesnt "click".... in fact, i am not finding an all the way in or out either..... it just seems to turn and turn and turn. What has this kid done to my adjuster??

The clicks are rather subtle and on some bikes can be easy to miss. That said, if you're not finding the 'stops', either all in or all out, you have a different problem.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2012, 05:57:10 AM »
Justifiable homicide if you ask me....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2012, 06:24:10 AM »
Justifiable homicide if you ask me....

On a first offence Jim?  :o

I think that losing a hand would suffice.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2012, 09:44:49 AM »
Ok....loss of hand, then execution.  Happy now?  ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2012, 05:45:46 AM »
Ok....loss of hand, then execution.  Happy now?  ;)

Yes, now I am.

Offline dbird29

« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2022, 02:21:15 PM »
The site with the worksheet is gone. Anybody have the PDF to share?
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2022, 06:50:53 AM »
I don't have it...   However, word to the wise, try doing a google search on 'concours 1400 suspension setup' .  Lot's of stuff popped up that may be interesting to you.