Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Re: Tires
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2017, 11:33:56 AM »
I'm close to the 20K mile service which is the BIGGIE and had to tell her :-\! I also had to break it to her that I may need tires at that time as well...imagine how that went :shoot:!
Tis' easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2017, 11:35:53 AM »
Yep, know that saying all too well!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2017, 07:08:55 AM »
LOLOLOLOL...you again!!??

Yup, it's me again- just joshin' ya. Ojai is one of my 3 favorite rides in Ca. The other 2 being the ride up to Alice's Restaurant in the Santa Cruz mtns., and Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevada mtns. Right now I'm stuck in Houston, and no fun at all. >:(

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2017, 11:23:03 AM »
Houston...that explains a lot...lol! Now I'm just playin!

Yeah, I'm very fortunate to be living in an area with some awesome roads to ride in my backyard! Riding Hwy33 is always good!

I've never been to Alice's in the Santa Cruz mountains but it's now on my list...thanks :thumbs:!

The Tahoe ride, going South, is amazing! I rode it on an early summer morning, the sun just rising, cool temps, quiet and serene, amazing views and great roads! I will be making my way up there again, soon!

If you ever make it back to So. Cal. you need to ride the Sequoias. That is an amazing ride! Start from the Visalia side and work your way up into the Sequoias...tightest switchbacks I've ever ridden! You have to be careful because it is so beautiful in there that you become easily distracted! I rode through the park early Sunday morning then headed South to go home. Cut across the farmlands and oil country and went up and over Hwy 33 and back to Ojai...can't say enough about that ride! It was a blast!

Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2017, 08:56:18 PM »
Houston...that explains a lot...lol! Now I'm just playin!

Yeah, I'm very fortunate to be living in an area with some awesome roads to ride in my backyard! Riding Hwy33 is always good!

I've never been to Alice's in the Santa Cruz mountains but it's now on my list...thanks :thumbs:!

The Tahoe ride, going South, is amazing! I rode it on an early summer morning, the sun just rising, cool temps, quiet and serene, amazing views and great roads! I will be making my way up there again, soon!

If you ever make it back to So. Cal. you need to ride the Sequoias. That is an amazing ride! Start from the Visalia side and work your way up into the Sequoias...tightest switchbacks I've ever ridden! You have to be careful because it is so beautiful in there that you become easily distracted! I rode through the park early Sunday morning then headed South to go home. Cut across the farmlands and oil country and went up and over Hwy 33 and back to Ojai...can't say enough about that ride! It was a blast!

I'll add that that to my list of favs. I will admit that Ca. is by far the best bike state as long as you get away from the big cities and crowded areas. Nothing like baking in the Houston sun and flat boring landscape to make you wish you could split the lanes and escape to Napa Valley and the Sierras.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2017, 09:08:30 PM »
Virginia ain't bad, either.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2017, 05:29:45 AM »
There are a lot of states with good motorcycling roads.

California is likely to be the first state to ban motorcycles.  Just a prediction.  Hopefully none of us will live long enough to see it realized.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2017, 06:27:14 AM »
There are a lot of states with good motorcycling roads.

California is likely to be the first state to ban motorcycles.  Just a prediction.  Hopefully none of us will live long enough to see it realized.

Max,  ???the day they ban bikes in Ca. there will be a major uprising- that state has more bikes per capita than anywhere else and is moto crazy.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2017, 06:44:58 AM »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2017, 07:19:04 AM »
Max,  ???the day they ban bikes in Ca. there will be a major uprising- that state has more bikes per capita than anywhere else and is moto crazy.

Just saying.
Remember that California has to protect people from themselves....  motorcycles are very dangerous.  And, of course, motorcycles pollute more than cars because they have less effective pollution controls.  And it will be really difficult to have self-driving motorcycles, so they don't fit well in a world where people aren't safe enough to drive themselves.

Not saying it will happen anytime soon, but I bet it will at some point.  And I believe California would be the first place in the USA.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline xsv

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2017, 08:47:45 AM »

I'll be "popping in" here and there. Like I said, I still have a spot for the Concours deep down and do miss the forum so I will try to spend more time here.

You read that Triumph killed production on the Trophy so I have to keep up on the Concours in case that becomes my next bike, again ;)!

Oh boy......blasphemy! :)

I am waiting for the hybrid...Concours engine in my ttse. :). Sure miss the gut wrenching acceleration!

Unfortunately, sometimes the guys on the triumph forum are a bit hesitant to mod their bike so I still lurk here for ideas to steal!!

Btw....I am finding that the ttse chews up the tires the same as my Concours.  Pr4gt is looking bad, time to try Metzeler Roadtec01
2015 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2017, 09:12:21 AM »
Just saying.
Remember that California has to protect people from themselves....  motorcycles are very dangerous.  And, of course, motorcycles pollute more than cars because they have less effective pollution controls.  And it will be really difficult to have self-driving motorcycles, so they don't fit well in a world where people aren't safe enough to drive themselves.

Not saying it will happen anytime soon, but I bet it will at some point.  And I believe California would be the first place in the USA.
It will be a beautiful wall...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2017, 10:36:13 AM »
It will be a beautiful wall...

LOL!!

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2017, 09:14:34 PM »
Quote from: connie14boy on Today at 06:27:14 am

Just saying.

Not saying it will happen anytime soon, but I bet it will at some point.  And I believe California would be the first place in the USA.[/quote

It could happen a lot sooner than you think. Once self driving cars enter the picture it won't be long before no one is allowed to drive. Government is evil and will do anything they can to gain power over the individual.