Author Topic: Sold sold sold 2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 for sale  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Paulmc

Sold sold sold 2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 for sale
« on: July 21, 2017, 02:58:32 PM »
I have a 2011 Black Concours for sale, in great shape for $7700. Clean and clear title in hand. It has good tires and fresh synthetic oil and filter. It is completely stock. Must sell. Motivated seller
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 06:17:02 PM by Paulmc »

Offline Paulmc

Re: 2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 09:04:57 AM »
Where is the best place to sell a Concours ? Should I strip it and sell it stock?

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 09:50:58 AM »
You would almost certainly bring in more cash. The question is whether or not it will it be worth your time to remove the aftermarket parts, reinstall the OEM parts, and spend time on your ad(s), answering questions, and boxing and shipping the parts.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 09:51:07 AM »
Yes, the extras won't help with the selling price, so you might as well sell them separate.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 09:59:17 AM »
Just my opinion but yes, return it to stock and sell the farkles separately.

The farkles have value but not to everyone, and some farkles would actually reduce the interest of some buyers. For my own part, I avoid aftermarket exhausts as I find them loud relative to the stock exhaust. So looking at used bikes, not only does an aftermarket exhaust not add value, it detracts from the bike's desirability. And the same with saddles, windshields, ect.; if they are the very brand and type a person is looking for, that is great but if not, then they actually make the bike less desirable and frankly, worth less money.

Perhaps try selling the bike as a package, and if it does not go, take off the farkles, return it to stock or at least closer to stock, and reduce the bike's price by the amount you expect to be able to sell the farkles for (or maybe not quite that much, it would be great if you could get a few dollars for your labor).

Again, just my personal opinion.

Brian

Where is the best place to sell a Concours ? Should I strip it and sell it stock?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 12:01:22 PM »
In my mind when looking at a used bike, the more farkles it has on it, the more likely the owner has taken stuff apart and put it back together again ... which makes me nervous.

So if it was mine, I'd put it back to 100% OEM and list the bike without ever even mentioning the extra stuff or that you even had it. I wouldn't lie if they ask for some reason, but I wouldn't bring any of it up on my own. And of course sell the extra stuff separately.

Keep in mind I'm pretty cynical.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 02:38:53 PM »
Keep in mind I'm pretty cynical.

Way better than being ugly cynical?  ;D
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline Paulmc

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 06:24:48 PM »
Thanks for the input. For such a great bike I have never had such trouble selling one.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 06:21:10 AM »
A very soft market for C-14's. I am not sure how the motorcycle market is moving but C-14's are selling really slowly, from older used ones (not moving) to late model, nice bikes (not commanding what they <should> be worth) to brand new (not moving and selling at frankly amazing prices in many cases).

Add all of this up and honestly it would not surprise me one bit if Kawasaki dropped the line. They never did sell that many, the profit margin is low (compared to a liter sport bike for example, and dem dare floorboard thingies that have no clothes, command a lot of money and sell briskly) and the customer base is demanding ("they should fix this, fix that, add this, remove these 28 things" and so forth). I think the only reason the bike lives on is due to the existence of the ZX 14, which is similar enough to absorb a lot of the design and tooling costs, and between the two of them, they probably sell enough to make it worthwhile.

I like this bike, plan on buying another one and I hope they are still around in the short term.

Brian

Thanks for the input. For such a great bike I have never had such trouble selling one.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline mrmatty8

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 05:19:28 PM »
Let me know what you are selling as we have talked before and I am close enough for you not to have to ship anything.  Matt

Offline Paulmc

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 08:07:32 AM »
Bump