Author Topic: Bike up on lift ready for major change!!!  (Read 6644 times)

Offline Ghost Rider 2

Re: Bike up on lift ready for major change!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2017, 05:36:58 PM »
  To start this project I used a Pirelli P7  205 50 17.  Mounting the tire was easier than the dismount of the Angel ST that was on bike.   I lube the bead and also the lip of the rim. I use the stock pressure sensor and I started out at 36 pound. The reason for that # is that is what I run in the car tire on my GL1800.  This as of now is a test and yes I does feel very different than the one on my Goldwing. At slow speeds the tire squirms around a little.  Parking lots and coming into a stop sign on a tar and chip country road is the worst. I need a couple more days to be confident enough to start laying it hard into a corner.  I scrape pegs and floorboards on my wing, but not on the Connie just yet.   I also use a run flat tire on my wing and was told because of weight difference that I should not need it on the C14.  Time will tell.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 08:34:01 AM »
Can you post a photo from the side?
Would like to see how it looks side/on.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Ghost Rider 2

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2017, 02:24:39 PM »
side view.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2017, 03:00:13 PM »
Interesting. I am looking forward to hearing how this works out.

Hey Ted, I can almost see the hole in that rear axle.  :rotflmao:

Brian

side view.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Ghost Rider 2

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2017, 07:30:23 PM »
  Well I am at the 500 mile mark in first week.  I have made a couple changes.  I am up to 42 psi.  Tire has now lost that squirm it had originally.  Rolls into corners very nice. By seeing the difference in what 6 pounds of pressure is making, I starting to think a runflat might have been a better choice. I cant explain how much better the ride is out on an open road. Heaves in road are much smoother and the drop off of exit of bridge on Interstate is almost not noticeable.  I think if I could get down a couple of inches into the bike and feel like I riding with the bike not on top of the bike as I do now. I think this bike would be perfect.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 01:25:43 PM »
Sounds like time for a new (2" lower) seat.....

Ride safe, Ted

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 03:23:25 PM »
Sounds like time for a new (2" lower) seat.....

Not even the lowest of the low seats, like the Sargent low, is 2" lower.  There just isn't much there to work with.  So expect no more than 1" (but typically less than that), despite any marketing claims.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Ghost Rider 2

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2017, 05:29:54 PM »
  Made a little ride this afternoon.  Have a few miles on tire and starting to gain some confidence in the tire. Ran a couple errand for my wife and had to go to another town we don't go to very often.  There are 2 sets of curves both of the 90 degree right the back 90 degree left. Nice sweepers  but pretty flat not much banking on curves. Was just cruse threw and ran both sets at 65. car tire felt great.  Both to town and back.  Rear tire is different but I think I going to like it. I found an old video camera we have I going to make a mount and try to video the rear tire on a curvy road sometime pretty some.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2017, 05:51:26 PM »
Route 9 east? Would you be as happy in the rain in the sweepers?

Offline Ghost Rider 2

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2017, 06:00:29 PM »
  I think so I ride my wing in the rain just like it was dry.  And yes it was rt 9 east.  The only curves around me as you know.

Offline Ghost Rider 2

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2017, 10:08:18 AM »
  Well got stuck in rain leaving work yesterday.  Was not sure what to expect.  But the car tire seems fine running down the road.  The thing still gets my attention in parking lots on uneven pavement or on a country road that is heaved up coming into a stop sign.  The rear tire seems to follow the crown.   I do like the tire, but at slow speed so far is the only negative I have about it.