Author Topic: New Member From Connecticut  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Skiman

New Member From Connecticut
« on: April 03, 2018, 07:16:31 PM »
Been lurking around for the last couple of weeks and desided I really needed to sign up and commit.

Purchased a red 2014 with 1,400 miles recently, stock except for a set of heli risers

One of those deals where you walk in to the dealer and they’ve marked it down (P.O. traded for a gold wing) then offer another grand off. But wait, it gets better.....it was snowing out......Knocked another  2k off! Then got them to give me top of the book for my trade!!

Heading out for a 9 day next month and looking forward to the Connie comfort!

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
Re: New Member From Connecticut
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 08:49:37 PM »
Been lurking around for the last couple of weeks and desided I really needed to sign up and commit.

Purchased a red 2014 with 1,400 miles recently, stock except for a set of heli risers

One of those deals where you walk in to the dealer and they’ve marked it down (P.O. traded for a gold wing) then offer another grand off. But wait, it gets better.....it was snowing out......Knocked another  2k off! Then got them to give me top of the book for my trade!!

Welcome!  So what did did you get it for????  I just got back from a 7 day trip.  Loved it!
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline Skiman

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 03:41:36 PM »

Welcome!  So what did did you get it for????  I just got back from a 7 day trip.  Loved it!

Out the door for $7k :o

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 11:11:16 PM »
Out the door for $7k :o
You can’t beat that with an ugly stick!  Congrats!  Best sport touring bang for the buck out there.  Bought my ‘09 for $6k last year and I still can’t believe what a bargain it was. 
I just had my ECU flashed by Steve in sunny Florida.  Can’t wait until it gets here! 

I would recommend taking a day trip to make sure the stock seat works for you.  If not, there are a lot of options out there.  Have fun!
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 03:53:17 AM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 01:05:44 AM »
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new Connie.

Enjoy the read and the ride
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 04:49:27 AM »
Welcome  :chugbeer: to the forum, Skiman!!!
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 10:54:02 PM »

[/quot
Welcome  :chugbeer: to the forum, Skiman!!!

Good choice on the best cruise missile around, but before you do any serious biking, do yourself and the bike a favor and toss the stock BStone 021 tires- they are the worst tires I have ever had in 45 years of riding, and dangerous with a beast of a bike like this one.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 08:35:33 AM »
Welcome! Fantastic deal for what is essentially a new C14 for $7k!!! Wow! And love the Calvin gif!