Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303064 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #360 on: March 02, 2015, 06:05:11 AM »
With a new provider, we have a whole bunch of free movie channels for two years. I would not pay for them but seeing as I have them, I occasionally roll through and see what is playing. Watched 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' last night and it is still a funny movie. Then caught the second half of an extended version of 'The Princess Bride' that I did not know existed- remastered in HD and had extended scenes as well as entire scenes that were not in the theatrical release. Again, good movie.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #361 on: March 02, 2015, 06:51:37 AM »
I've been on a bit of an oldie kick lately...

Watched most of this movie on TV during a storm recently.

Charles Bronson's "Two Too Many" was awesome;)

http://youtu.be/juwwCTBZOCQ
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #362 on: March 02, 2015, 07:42:39 AM »
Try this early Don Johnson flick....http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072730/

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #363 on: March 02, 2015, 09:13:13 AM »
That was a very..... er, different, movie. Not bad, just very different from the norm.

Brian

Try this early Don Johnson flick....http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072730/
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #364 on: March 02, 2015, 09:39:30 AM »
That was a very..... er, different, movie. Not bad, just very different from the norm.

Brian

"Well, I'd certainly say she had marvelous judgment, Albert, if not particularly good taste."   :rotflmao:

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #365 on: March 02, 2015, 09:55:53 AM »
I've been on a bit of an oldie kick lately...

Watched most of this movie on TV during a storm recently.

Charles Bronson's "Two Too Many" was awesome;)

http://youtu.be/juwwCTBZOCQ
   :thumbs:

There was a line in that movie where Frank said something to the effect of " How can you trust a man who wears a belt and suspenders, the man can't even trust his own pants." I thought of that line about three years ago when I ordered a radiator protector and a front fender extender. I decided that I wasn't being un-trusting, but rather I was covering all the bases. ::)

Regardless of my thought processes, it was a great western.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #366 on: March 05, 2015, 03:49:19 PM »
Started watching Anchorman 2, what a bad film. Now I know why they spent so much money before the movie came out, they knew it was bad and the only way to get people to see it was staging stupid stunts.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Conrad

« Reply #367 on: March 06, 2015, 04:51:40 AM »
Started watching Anchorman 2, what a bad film. Now I know why they spent so much money before the movie came out, they knew it was bad and the only way to get people to see it was staging stupid stunts.

I'm sure that they would have had a big hit if only they could involve North Korea in some way.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #368 on: March 08, 2015, 07:44:10 PM »
Madame Secretary. Its ok. A blatant play on similarities of the upcoming presidential elections and how they want to show how a woman could solve literally ALL problems in DC. Its got some weaknesses, but its ok for Sunday evenings.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #369 on: March 11, 2015, 06:26:06 PM »
Just finished watching "Baby, The Rain Must Fall" , Steve McQueen, Lee Remick, 1965, B&W, decent film but a sad anti-hero downer of a movie, typical 60's. I liked Lee Remick, she was a beauty. Now watching a more upbeat comedy based on a 40's radio show, "Our Miss Brooks", 1956, B&W, Eve Arden, Gale Gordon, who many may remember as Mr. Mooney on the 60's "Lucy" show, Don Porter who played Sally Field's dad on Gidget, and a very young Richard Crenna.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #370 on: March 11, 2015, 10:31:16 PM »
Just finished House of Cards, season 3. Meh. Not the equal of seasons 1 and 2, it seems the plot has kind of lost its way. Still not a bad program, just lacking the dynamic it had previously. Not sure if it will be back for another season or not.

Brian

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #371 on: March 12, 2015, 08:55:19 AM »
Just finished House of Cards, season 3. Meh. Not the equal of seasons 1 and 2, it seems the plot has kind of lost its way. Still not a bad program, just lacking the dynamic it had previously. Not sure if it will be back for another season or not.

Brian

I think they moved it forward too quickly. It was better, more gritty, when he was the majority whip.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #372 on: March 12, 2015, 08:57:56 AM »
Yeah, plus the original plot is finished. The whole thing was about him moving ahead.... and how he is the President. A lot of series are like that I find- they start out with a strong goal and either 1) meet that goal but have to keep going or 2) just sort of stray off the plotline and get lost.

Brian

I think they moved it forward too quickly. It was better, more gritty, when he was the majority whip.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #373 on: March 23, 2015, 02:48:12 PM »
Found a new network H & I, "Heroes & Icons", old TV shows, just watched "Rat Patrol" and have a few episodes of "Twelve O'clock High" and "Combat" recorded for later tonight.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #374 on: March 23, 2015, 02:52:45 PM »
Last man on earth.
Hilarious!
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #375 on: March 24, 2015, 03:36:23 PM »
Found a new network H & I, "Heroes & Icons", old TV shows, just watched "Rat Patrol" and have a few episodes of "Twelve O'clock High" and "Combat" recorded for later tonight.

digital over airwaves/antenna, or cable?

I loved those shows when I was a kid...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #376 on: March 25, 2015, 04:34:31 AM »
From what I gather it's a very limited market over the air waves.  Disappointed that it's not national.  I lived for the Rat Patrol, Adam 12, Combat...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #377 on: March 25, 2015, 06:57:39 AM »
Combat with Vic Morrow! I had a plastic tommy gun that you could pull the slide back and it would rat-a-tat-tat for a couple of seconds. Me and my friends would run around playing combat, of course we all wanted to be Vic Morrow (can't remember the characters name) but I had the tommy gun!

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #378 on: March 25, 2015, 08:00:58 AM »
Ah, back in the day when kids could play with guns.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #379 on: March 25, 2015, 08:07:29 AM »
Ah, back in the day when kids could play with guns.

Got that right! Didn't even have an orange plug at the end.