Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303039 times)

Offline MrPepsi

Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #600 on: February 23, 2016, 10:04:01 AM »
Are you looking for a new topic for this thread?
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #601 on: February 23, 2016, 10:31:32 AM »
Don't we already have a music thread?

I guess.... but then it was on my tv, thru YouTube...
sorry for sharing.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #602 on: February 23, 2016, 10:43:23 AM »
I guess.... but then it was on my tv, thru YouTube...
sorry for sharing.

You better be, I wasted at least six seconds clicking, scrolling and posting.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #603 on: February 23, 2016, 11:05:41 AM »
shoulda watched some of the vids, no sense wasting the day doin nutti'n, heheheh

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #604 on: February 23, 2016, 01:04:49 PM »
Don't we have an 'answer a question with a question' thread?

I had the same thought..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #605 on: February 23, 2016, 01:28:02 PM »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #606 on: February 23, 2016, 04:16:06 PM »
shoulda watched some of the vids, no sense wasting the day doin nutti'n, heheheh

Who says that a day spent doing nothing is wasted?   ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #607 on: February 23, 2016, 04:34:04 PM »
Love on Netflix.
Jury is still out.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #608 on: February 23, 2016, 04:37:21 PM »
Pretty dry around here (Easy Boys!), at least TV- wise. Watching a couple of new series but everything found so far is mediocre at best.  Slim pickins' out there....

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #609 on: February 24, 2016, 06:32:05 AM »
Watched The Desert Fox the other night. 1951 with James Mason, the story of Erwin Rommel. I think I saw it a long time ago but not certain. Interesting bit of history. He was a rock star in nazi Germany but nobody knew at the time that he was executed for his complicity in the July 20 plot to kill Hitler.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #610 on: February 24, 2016, 07:06:35 AM »
Rock star?  They didn't have rock back then.  Possibly Big Band.  But I did know about him committing suicide (vociferously encouraged by AH at the time) as he was indirectly implicated in that failed plot to kill Hitler.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #611 on: February 24, 2016, 01:54:33 PM »
If memory serves, he actually 'committed suicide' albeit he was given the choice of that (suicide) by drinking poison and by doing so,  saving his wife and child from arrest and prosecution, or outright execution.

His son, Manfred I believe, went on to be a successful modern politician.

Brian

Watched The Desert Fox the other night. 1951 with James Mason, the story of Erwin Rommel. I think I saw it a long time ago but not certain. Interesting bit of history. He was a rock star in nazi Germany but nobody knew at the time that he was executed for his complicity in the July 20 plot to kill Hitler.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #612 on: February 24, 2016, 02:15:23 PM »
 :rotflmao:   Thanks, Brian.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #613 on: February 24, 2016, 02:18:28 PM »
Forcing someone to take poison to save his family is just one of many forms of murder/execution. Surprising to me is that he was respected enough that a favorable movie about an enemy commander could be viable only 6 years after the war ended.

If memory serves, he actually 'committed suicide' albeit he was given the choice of that (suicide) by drinking poison and by doing so,  saving his wife and child from arrest and prosecution, or outright execution.

His son, Manfred I believe, went on to be a successful modern politician.

Brian

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #614 on: February 24, 2016, 03:12:36 PM »
Oh I agree with you on the line between 'murder' and 'suicide', I was merely making the reference that it was even more distasteful than outright murder.

Edwin Rommel was not only by all accounts an honorable and very skilled man, he was very much a favorite of the German people. He was given a huge, State funeral, perhaps the last facet in the despicable behavior shown him by his own gov't.

And as far as I know, he was not involved in any way in the 20 July plot, he merely knew about in advance.

Brian

Forcing someone to take poison to save his family is just one of many forms of murder/execution. Surprising to me is that he was respected enough that a favorable movie about an enemy commander could be viable only 6 years after the war ended.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #615 on: February 24, 2016, 03:44:24 PM »
That was enough..

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #616 on: March 01, 2016, 11:14:01 AM »
Luther. BBC production.  Netflix

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #617 on: March 01, 2016, 01:38:02 PM »
Watched "The Man Who Never Was" last night. 1956 film about the true story of how the Brits miss led the Germans about the invasion of Sicily by putting fake personal letters on a dead body and released the body off the coast of Spain where they knew it would wash up on shore and hoped that Nazi operatives would read the letters.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #618 on: March 02, 2016, 06:54:22 AM »
Just got back from Disney World after a two week vacation.

Not my video but this was an awesome show! They had three high intensity HD projectors (on three sides) of the castle and below is the result. You can't get a feel for what it was really like unless you see it with your own eyeballs but...

! No longer available

Over at Hollywood Studios. The best fireworks show I have ever seen!

(not my video but you may get a feel for what it was like)
! No longer available

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #619 on: March 05, 2016, 08:55:53 AM »
30 for 30: The '85 Bears

Watched it last night on Netflix, an ESPN documentary. Damn good stuff! Pretty emotional too. Talking about Walter and Buddy, Dave Duerson too.   :'(

! No longer available