Author Topic: Federal Marijuana Legalization Bills Introduced  (Read 11497 times)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Federal Marijuana Legalization Bills Introduced
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 07:22:02 PM »
I enjoy the recreational and personal use of firearms, yet they want to ban those.  ::)  And as far as pot goes, it is much less harmless and addictive than alcohol. And how many people have been reported becoming violent after enjoying some puffs of the chronic?
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 07:41:56 PM »
I enjoy the recreational and personal use of firearms, yet they want to ban those.  ::)  And as far as pot goes, it is much less harmless and addictive than alcohol. And how many people have been reported becoming violent after enjoying some puffs of the chronic?

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Tabarswaacky

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 08:09:16 PM »
[size=12ptPot should not be legalized , because, Just imagine all the poor, poor POLICE and Jail workers that will be laid off.
They will have to find real criminals to take up their time[/size]

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 09:00:12 PM »
I know there  are cannabinoid pills for medical use. No THC and you cannot get high from them but they fall under medical marijuana laws.
The history on this topic  is interesting.
Go to youtube and watch When W Grow.  Ford owned huge plantations and his first cars were made to run on bio fuel made from cannabis (hemp) and the car  bodies where made  from hemp.

'Ford recognized the utility of the hemp plant. He constructed a car of resin stiffened hemp fiber, and even ran the car on ethanol made from hemp. Ford knew that hemp could produce vast economic resources if widely cultivated.'

It makes excellent clothing, far far better than cotton yet banned in this country.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

devilboy

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2013, 09:13:26 PM »
For those that asked about Legal THC capsules for dispensing in pharmacies it is called  Marinol brand name of  drobinol.
It is only one of thousands of canibinols  that have different effects on the body. This product is marketed strictly as an appetite stimulant for  HIV patients. It is federally classified  schedule 3. It is in the same controlled drug class as Vicodin.
http://www.marinol.com/
Marijuana is classified as Schedule 1. Schedule one medications  have no  accepted medical use with a HIGH potential for abuse .
Also in schedule 1 is Heroin, LSD and hallucinogenics.  Schedule 2  has accepted medical usage BUT has HIGH potential for abuse
and addiction.In this class we find  Oxycodone,  Dilaudid ,Morphine, amphetamines  including Methamphetamine .
Schedule one drugs can be used by Doctors using special  licensing  authorized by DEA. When I did my internship for my 6th year of pharmacy School  I worked in  the special dispensing pharmacy at  NYU . We made a product called Bromptons Cocktail that used
Heroin and Cocaine taken as an oral solution for pain relief for  terminal  Cancer patients.. Just a little background on the current
classification of the drugs being discussed.  does it make sense???  I dont think so..
back to our regularly scheduled program.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2013, 04:32:25 AM »

You gotta double negative going there Poke.

I got your point though. When is the last time that anyone has heard of someone smoking a bunch of weed and beating up their wife and/or kids? There is no Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde syndrome with weed like there can be with booze.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline twowheeladdict

My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2013, 05:31:05 AM »
IIRC the growing of hemp is banned. Products made from hemp are not.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2013, 06:03:41 AM »
Have you seen this man?

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2013, 06:29:18 AM »
I always thought it was ignorant to have outlawed Pot and the continual fight to keep it illegal.  It is not as dangerous as alcohol.  The argument that it is a "gateway drug" is a red herring.  Pot smokers do not automatically become crack heads, anymore than a beer drinker automatically becomes an alcoholic. Regulate it, tax it, and sell it in the liquor store.  If someone over does it and screws up, arrest them for operating under the influence, just like you would with a drunk.

All very well said Leo; pot is no more the "gateway drug" than beer is to distilled spirits; long ago I used pot on a daily basis and I even experimented with a few others but throughout I had absolute disdain for drunks and dopeheads who ruin their lives and the lives of others as well as that garbage such as meth and crack... Today I have no use for drugs as I have to pass both random and specific drug tests that are much higher than DOT as without my 120,XXX.XX income my family and myself would be screwed.... And who said that pot heads never amount to anything?
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2013, 06:44:41 AM »
[.... And who said that pot heads never amount to anything?
[/quote]

I will be impressed when I see your Cayman Island Bank account.  ::)
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2013, 07:04:59 AM »
... as without my 120,XXX.XX+ income my family and myself would be screwed.... And who said that pot heads never amount to anything?

+1  I'm lucky... I don't currently have to take the random tests, or I would be screwed as well.  8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2013, 07:18:25 AM »
All very well said Leo; pot is no more the "gateway drug" than beer is to distilled spirits; long ago I used pot on a daily basis and I even experimented with a few others but throughout I had absolute disdain for drunks and dopeheads who ruin their lives and the lives of others as well as that garbage such as meth and crack... Today I have no use for drugs as I have to pass both random and specific drug tests that are much higher than DOT as without my 120,XXX.XX income my family and myself would be screwed.... And who said that pot heads never amount to anything?

+1   been there, done that, and that, and that, and some other stuff too.  I'm in the 90 - 110K range depending on how much OT I work.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2013, 10:31:08 AM »
And who said that pot heads never amount to anything?

Some even became President of the United States!
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2013, 10:32:55 AM »

Some even cultivated it themselves...
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2013, 02:54:43 PM »

For 2 terms.  ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2013, 04:03:16 PM »
[.... And who said that pot heads never amount to anything?

I will be impressed when I see your Cayman Island Bank account.  ::)

You've seen my garage and drank my beer; is that not enough?  :)
Tony P. Crochet

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2013, 05:06:14 PM »
I've not seen nor I have drank beer from the T garage...this saddens me greatly. :'(
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2013, 06:29:04 PM »
I've not seen nor I have drank beer from the T garage...this saddens me greatly. :'(

If your ever in the south Mi area just come on over.... Always cold import and local made beer in my garage.....
Tony P. Crochet

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2013, 06:35:27 PM »
Sounds like a road trip this summer if you're not on the boat...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.