Author Topic: Any juicers out there?  (Read 10818 times)

Son of Pappy

Any juicers out there?
« on: September 09, 2013, 07:12:53 PM »
No, not that kinda juice, the fruit and veggie type.  On the fence if I want to give this a go, thought I would seek counsel from trusted members :)

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
Re: Any juicers out there?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 07:29:26 PM »
I am. My story is long though. A little over two years. We bought a juicer. We juiced morning through lunch and had salads for dinner. I eliminated all meat. I eliminated all Dairy, and for a period of time I eliminated all alcohol. I did this because of trying to get a life insurance policy they hiked my rates because of cholesterol, blood pressure, triglycerides etc. I weighed in at a whopping 170-180! Not large but for me 50 lbs over weight. I had tests done again about 3 months ago. I dropped my blood pressure from 155/95 it now runs 105/60 resting heart rate went from 90 to 50. Total cholesterol went from 230 ish to 160 ish. Triglycerides dropped 100, good cholesterol up, bad down.
I weigh now between 128-135. I walk every day, I juice breakfast almost every day. I no longer stay awake listening to my heart pound wondering if this was the night or not. My wife did it with me she lost nearly as much weight size 12-14 to size 4-6!
It's been two years since I last ate meat, I will never eat it again. I do rarely have a little good cheese. And a good beer once a week.

A very good child hood friend was fallowing my progress on Facebook. . . Talked to me and gave it a try. He was 310 two years ago. He is now set to break below 220 with a final goal about 180.
Do it, it is tough for about a week. Then you get addicted to how you feel. I've juiced every week for over two years probably 5-6 mornings. It's expensive. But so is BP meds and Cholesterol meds and those little blue pills you take for bad blood flow.
JMHO I will NEVER go back to the old way. Plus I found tons of new foods that are really tasty and find new ones weekly.
Me fat dumb and scared.

Me and wife today

Tim

Offline Cuda

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 07:52:35 PM »
Yeah I go thru phases, depends on what is in season, just got home from Sweet Tomato's, I love that place, I just use a blender , my wife bought a  Jack Lalanne machine , I never used it.
Gramps  and my dad always had gardens, I eat a lot raw  , even onions  :o
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 08:06:47 PM »
Well I've started to eat healthy, in addition to exercising.  I believe in balanced diet and sensible portions vice cutting any type of food out completely.  I know you can get the same nutrients from veggies, but I do like a nice steak every once in a while.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 08:09:18 PM »
Not sure if I can give up meat, but I think I could give up store bought meat.  Mankind rose to the top of the food chain, not sure if I'm ready to regress that far.  I can easily skip on fried anything and them fast food places for sure, but a nice thick elk steak???

What web sites or sources would you recomend for recipes?  I'm not into bland and I love lemon.

Offline Timalan

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 08:24:26 PM »
I just use about 80% vegetable 20% fruit. As much green as I can stand. Lemon or lime in every juice I make, along with ginger or turmeric. I'm a big fan of Kriscarr.com and Fat Sick and Nearly dead site. They post lots of recipes. I eat a ton of raw food now and only juice breakfast. Friend previously mentioned limited himself to chicken as a meat, also I don't think I'm opposed to meat, I just don't like it anymore, butcher counter used to be my favorite place in the store. Not appealing now.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 08:30:23 PM »
Thanks!!  Decisions to be made.

Offline Timalan

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 08:43:14 PM »
It took me 4 years to decide! :o

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 12:25:24 AM »
Not a juicer, but 12-years or so vegetarian.  Best thing I ever did. Mostly eat veggies and whole fruits.  My big downfall is bread, full of carbs, but you can only be so good.  And yes, you can get plenty of protein without meat.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 06:41:35 AM »
Not a juicer, but 12-years or so vegetarian.  Best thing I ever did. Mostly eat veggies and whole fruits.  My big downfall is bread, full of carbs, but you can only be so good.  And yes, you can get plenty of protein without meat.
I agree about reducing carbs.  And protein, but you can't get MEAT without meat.  So...I'm gonna stay partially carnivorous for a little bit.

Offline Timalan

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 11:05:49 AM »
This is my childhood friend from way back I think I was 4 when we got to know each other. My wife and I and he all grew up together. Juice or no juice, meat or no meat. Eat healthy good food, it shows. Looks and health. He only recently jumped on juicing wagon so this picture after was taken before he started juicing. He is 220 today. Also, he got stuck, I suggested he get some exercise. Reluctantly he did and poof another 25 pounds falls off.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 11:46:50 AM »
I just use about 80% vegetable 20% fruit. As much green as I can stand. Lemon or lime in every juice I make, along with ginger or turmeric. I'm a big fan of Kriscarr.com and Fat Sick and Nearly dead site. They post lots of recipes. I eat a ton of raw food now and only juice breakfast. Friend previously mentioned limited himself to chicken as a meat, also I don't think I'm opposed to meat, I just don't like it anymore, butcher counter used to be my favorite place in the store. Not appealing now.
What's your take on fish? This thread has got me thinking, but I would hate to give up fish. I could live with eating a steak every other month or so.

Offline mvjr1904

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 12:08:39 PM »
Im sure there are many machines out there.
My sister gave me this to me for my B-Day on 1 Aug. (yeah.....still in the box)
I just found out my son is paying $3.00 for a 16 oz. watermelon drink at his gym.
I told him "hey...let's save some money (my money!) and make our own"

Forgot to mention.... Juicer - Mon thru Thursday
Blender for mixed drinks Fri, Sat, Sun
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 01:56:16 PM by mvjr1904 »
2011 Silver C14 - Fastest
2002 Silver C10 - Fast
1994 Black FXDWG (because it didn't come in Silver)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 01:51:36 PM »
Does vodka cranberry with a slice of lime count?  :-\

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 02:04:23 PM »
Does vodka cranberry with a slice of lime count?  :-\
Juicer.  Boozer.   What's the difference?  Liquid diet is all good.  I figure with all the yeast and grains in my beer I'm drinking a loaf of bread every afternoon.  Wine has anioxidents which are good for you, and studies have shown moderate drinking to actually be beneficial to health.  So, salud, amigo!  :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 02:30:32 PM »
Wine has anioxidents which are good for you, and studies have shown moderate drinking to actually be beneficial to health.  So, salud, amigo!  :chugbeer:

Well if moderate drinking is beneficial to health then I must be approaching ludicrous healthy...  ;D :chugbeer:

Offline Timalan

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 02:59:59 PM »
What's your take on fish? This thread has got me thinking, but I would hate to give up fish. I could live with eating a steak every other month or so.
I hate fish. So can't tell you.... LOVE beef it was a hard decision to give it up.
I just read an article on how good beer is for you also. I ALWAYS have a drink Friday night. Sometimes two.

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 10:35:29 PM »
DRINKING BLENDED RAW FISH

Best of both worlds.  Fish juicing. :o
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 10:46:36 PM »
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 08:02:53 AM »
My sister gave me this to me for my B-Day on 1 Aug. (yeah.....still in the box)
Bought the same one yesterday. Works great, use a vegetable baggie in the pulp catcher, one less piece to clean.  :)

http://juicerecipes.com/health/benefits/juicing-for-weight-loss/

http://blog.williams-sonoma.com/30-days-of-juicing/
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:41:16 AM by Gumby »