Author Topic: Levers from china  (Read 2744 times)

Offline F-106

Levers from china
« on: February 26, 2012, 09:22:45 AM »
I took a chance on these after reading guys here had good results with them. I got them mounted yesterday and took the 06 around the block. So far I like them. will ride to work all week so I will get a better feel for them by next weekend. Good finish and feels solid but a bit loose at the adjuster pin. I will work with that.

IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
Re: Levers from china
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 11:40:34 AM »
They look good. I really like my set.
You should lessen the travel on the clutch side. One click (starting from the left is for racing and 2 clicks would be for normal riding.
Normal riding the little lever adjuster will be  pointing straight forward. Yours is all the way out  and pointing to the right (the most travel) which means your stressing your clutch springs for no reason.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline F-106

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 02:14:20 PM »
Thanks Mr Mike, I did not know that. I put it to pos #3 from 5. I will try it out this week. THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP.
They look good. I really like my set.
You should lessen the travel on the clutch side. One click (starting from the left is for racing and 2 clicks would be for normal riding.
Normal riding the little lever adjuster will be  pointing straight forward. Yours is all the way out  and pointing to the right (the most travel) which means your stressing your clutch springs for no reason.
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline Tele130

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 12:23:16 PM »
Looks good Bill.  :thumbs:  I really like mine.
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline buzzcut

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 04:15:11 PM »
I have seen thses listed for 94 up but would they fit the 86? 

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 04:25:36 PM »
Bill and Mike, My stock levers have that play you were talking about Bill, if you grab the lever and move it up and down there is slop in it is this a sleeve or bushing replacement to take up the slack.  I thought the new ones came with new bushing already inside that would do away with the up and down freeplay?  any idea ths Steve
no.1 Dale Singleton fan along with King Kenny Roberts/Fast Freddie Spencer/ Steve and Shoodabeen.    aka (connkawi)

Offline qman

• Autobahn Motors
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 05:39:39 PM »
buzzkut, yes they do I have a set on my 86 and have ridden for a year with them now. I like them because I have stubby fingers with big mits so it's much easier to grab some brake now that I can adjust it.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »
I have seen thses listed for 94 up but would they fit the 86?

Yes.... Many older bikes have had newer model levers installed so that they can have adjustables so yes you can install these on any year.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline buzzcut

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 02:07:24 PM »
That's awesome to hear guys thanks