Author Topic: Top Block Racing - new swing arm and fork sliders - arrived & installed!  (Read 13101 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
It looks like Top Block came out with some new swing arm and fork sliders, I like the looks of them alot better than their prior ones. That swing arm slider looks like it must stick out at least a couple inches if not more! I currently have the ProjektD swing arm and fork sliders and they only stick out about an inch.

I'm thinking this would possibly provide better protection for the rear bags in the event of a tip-over?  :-\

Is anyone out there already running these? Or do I need to just buy some and be the first??  ;)

http://www.top-block.com/index.php

« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 03:34:36 PM by ZG »

Offline Conrad

Re: Top Block Racing - *new* swing arm and fork sliders
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 03:27:45 PM »
I have the GSGs on mine J but they don't stick out as far as those you're showing.

[smg id=205]
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 03:58:12 PM »
I have the GSGs on mine J but they don't stick out as far as those you're showing.

[smg id=205]

Ya, those GSC's look to be about the same length as the ProjektD ones I currently have, about 1 inch...  :-\

What are your thoughts on these new TB ones C?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 04:35:32 PM »
That swing arm slider looks like it must stick out at least a couple inches if not more!
I'm thinking this would possibly provide better protection for the rear bags in the event of a tip-over?  :-\

It is quite possible that the more a swing arm slider sticks out, the MORE LIKELY it is for the bike to roll over (cantilever) onto the bags.  Think of the inertia and angles involved and you will probably see what I mean.

I still think your best bet is to add a set of small McE rear bars.  They will not only directly protect the bags, but also prevent the bike from levering over the front protection (whatever it might be, but especially those like the GSG or the Top Guard fronts).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 05:19:46 PM »
It looks like Top Block came out with some new swing arm and fork sliders, I like the looks of them alot better than their prior ones. 

I didnt see them on the Top Block website......what was the pricing like?

I still think your best bet is to add a set of small McE rear bars.  They will not only directly protect the bags, but also .............

..... add a level of ugly that just should not be added to a sport tourer. The were designed for the police bikes that care primarily for function ..... and disregard form. Just my opinion, others will have theirs, but those bars are just plain out of place on a consumer version C14.
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 06:32:30 PM »
I didnt see them on the Top Block website......what was the pricing like?

They're on there, go to the accessories for the 10+ model and you'll see em. If they fit a 10+ they'll fit an 08/09 (I have an 09), the forks and swing arms are the same, not sure why they only have them listed on their site for the 10+.

I emailed Tatiana this afternoon on pricing and if currently in stock or not, hopefully she'll respond overnight. I'll let you know...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 06:48:46 PM »
..... add a level of ugly that just should not be added to a sport tourer. The were designed for the police bikes that care primarily for function ..... and disregard form. Just my opinion, others will have theirs, but those bars are just plain out of place on a consumer version C14.

You really think the small rear ones are out-of-place or ugly?  I totally agree with you on the front bathroom bars, but the small rear ones don't bother me much at all.....  as long as the bags are on.  Now, with the bags off, they would look strange and out of place (but I never ride with the bags off).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 06:57:41 PM »
You really think the small rear ones are out-of-place or ugly?  I totally agree with you on the front bathroom bars, but the small rear ones don't bother me much at all.....  as long as the bags are on.  Now, with the bags off, they would look strange and out of place (but I never ride with the bags off).

With bags off the MCE rears would definately look out of place, the other problem is (as expressed by others on this forum) they will take away foot room for mama... And mama needs her foot room.  ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 05:53:29 AM »

Ya, those GSC's look to be about the same length as the ProjektD ones I currently have, about 1 inch...  :-\

What are your thoughts on these new TB ones C?

I think that they may offer a bit of protection down low but I don't think that they're gonna do jack squat to protect the bags. I don't think that the lil slider that I have is going to protect em either. They'll protect the swingarm and that's about it.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 06:01:35 AM »
snip...

No protection looks best no doubt. The Top Blocks look the best for sure. I have not seen the MCE rear bars with mine own eyes but in the pics, with the bags on, they don't look that obtrusive to me. I think that the peace of mind is well worth the compromise.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 06:04:20 AM »

With bags off the MCE rears would definately look out of place, the other problem is (as expressed by others on this forum) they will take away foot room for mama... And mama needs her foot room.  ;)

I don't know that the rear bars take up any real foot room. The only problem that I know of for sure is that the stock rear pegs won't fold up with the rear bars installed. If I can't like with that then I'll get some aftermarket pegs that will fold.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 02:50:54 PM »
I don't know that the rear bars take up any real foot room.

They don't look like they would.  But I can't tell from the photos.

The only problem that I know of for sure is that the stock rear pegs won't fold up with the rear bars installed. If I can't like with that then I'll get some aftermarket pegs that will fold.

They don't?  Oh, I think I see what you mean.  In my case, I *never* ride with a passenger (nor could I), so I might just remove the rear pegs.  Hmm.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 05:40:49 AM »

They don't?  Oh, I think I see what you mean.  In my case, I *never* ride with a passenger (nor could I), so I might just remove the rear pegs.  Hmm.

Nope, they won't fold up. If I never rode with a passanger I'd just remove the rear pegs too.

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Top Block Racing - new swing arm and fork sliders
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 10:05:13 AM »
Woohoo! I just got an email from Tatiana regarding these, here's the pricing below, I went ahead and ordered them up, I'll post some pics when they arrive!  8) ;D

Hello Jay,

Of course I remember you.

Prices for these two products are: PRFK29 = 69.50€ and PRRK29 = 69.20€. Both are available

If you whish you can pay by PayPal (as usually).

Best regards,
Tatiana

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 10:23:55 AM »
Is it strange that the name Tatiana gives me wood?

:o

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 10:35:11 AM »
Is it strange that the name Tatiana gives me wood?

:o

Amboina Burl wood from Southeast Asia?  ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 12:30:52 PM »
I thought that was a French company?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 12:31:55 PM »

:rotflmao:

French Burl?  ??? :-\ ;)

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 02:23:36 PM »

What does that have to do with wood?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 02:27:18 PM »

What does that have to do with wood?

Nothing, why do you ask?    ;)