Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852684 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #920 on: March 16, 2015, 01:21:32 PM »
It's not bad there, but I'm 500+ miles away ;D. The worst I-10 stretch for bugs is from Van Horn to Ft. Stockton.

I never understood just how big Texas is until I started riding across it on a motorcycle a couple of times a year.  :rotflmao: But at least it has reasonable speed limits that I still exceed most of the time.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #921 on: March 17, 2015, 04:39:50 AM »
70 degrees and sunny yesterday.  :)

I finally got my bike out for a ride. Two glorious hours and not one bug!    ;D
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline tomp

« Reply #922 on: March 17, 2015, 07:06:23 AM »
70 degrees and sunny yesterday.  :)

I finally got my bike out for a ride. Two glorious hours and not one bug!    ;D
That's because the bugs know that more cold weather is coming again soon.  Gonna be 80 here today, and it's a day off for me.  Hope to get a ride in, too.
Living in the Texas Coast...

sailor_chic

« Reply #923 on: March 17, 2015, 07:25:21 AM »
Do you want to hear a funny joke? After 7 months of owning my C14, I think that I have finally caught up with the seemingly never ending list of farkles. But I know better! My kids are a bit concerned too, but not for me or my well being. They are assuming that I am cutting into their inheritance.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #924 on: March 17, 2015, 07:28:07 AM »
Tell 'em you are going to leave 'em a high mileage, well farkled motorcycle and that they can fight over it.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #925 on: March 17, 2015, 07:33:40 AM »
Do you want to hear a funny joke? After 7 months of owning my C14, I think that I have finally caught up with the seemingly never ending list of farkles. But I know better!

Not even close, S_c.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #926 on: March 17, 2015, 07:52:37 AM »
Do you want to hear a funny joke? After 7 months of owning my C14, I think that I have finally caught up with the seemingly never ending list of farkles. But I know better! My kids are a bit concerned too, but not for me or my well being. They are assuming that I am cutting into their inheritance.

Nicole, one cannot catch up with something that is never ending.  Kinda like my cat chasing its tail, or me chasing tail.  Never gonna catch it/any.  My boys know I have nothing for them to inherit, as their mother got it all in the divorce, and they are written out of her will. 

Have a great week and tell the kids to COOL IT.....tomp. 

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #927 on: March 17, 2015, 07:53:35 AM »

I've been spending my kids inheritance my whole life!

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #928 on: March 17, 2015, 08:03:38 AM »
When the kids ask where the money went, show them the GoPro videos.  8)
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #929 on: March 17, 2015, 08:06:33 AM »
When the kids ask where the money went, show them the GoPro videos.  8)

My plan is that when I'm too old to take care of myself, I can live with them and they can play with my toys.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #930 on: March 17, 2015, 08:48:33 AM »
That's because the bugs know that more cold weather is coming again soon.  Gonna be 80 here today, and it's a day off for me.  Hope to get a ride in, too.

You're right, it's below freezing again today... 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #931 on: March 17, 2015, 08:51:34 AM »
65 here now. Supposed to get into the 70's but I think I'm going to get wet on the commute home. I think I'll leave early before the whisky and stout start flowing.

Offline JoeRau

• Arena
« Reply #932 on: March 17, 2015, 09:17:32 AM »
Was that one of the 'always engaged' four wheel drives?

No.  There was a transfer case.  Just full time hubs on that one. 
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline tomp

« Reply #933 on: March 18, 2015, 08:21:03 PM »
Rained hard  here today, so no commuting.  Raining til Sunday, will ride to work then. 

Anyone seen this article/ride blog?  Well written and interesting.  If he is a member here, I'm unaware.  tomp

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2014/06/24/solo-soul-searching-liebacks-cross-country-blog-updated-daily/

elp_jc

« Reply #934 on: March 19, 2015, 12:39:58 PM »
Anyone seen this article/ride blog?
Quit reading it after day 2. Little to no info about the Connie; just another generic ride tale, also with little to no information about the roads themselves (not my thing). Hopefully others will find it more interesting :). But thanks for posting it Tomp.

Offline tomp

« Reply #935 on: March 19, 2015, 01:10:59 PM »
Quit reading it after day 2. Little to no info about the Connie; just another generic ride tale, also with little to no information about the roads themselves (not my thing). Hopefully others will find it more interesting :). But thanks for posting it Tomp.
Set aside some time to read this, then.  Just read the author's posts, and be be prepared to be drawn into the emotion of this rider's trip.  You will hopefully feel like you were there too.  At least that's what an untold number of commenters state throughout the thread, me included...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831213

A two word spoiler from the report,  "cleavage juice".   It will  make sense, down the written road.   tomp

elp_jc

« Reply #936 on: March 21, 2015, 12:33:41 PM »
Needed to get my new baby filled up with fuel, along with stabilizer, since I don't know how long it will take me to ride again. Shouldn't have done it in my condition, but man, felt great to ride those 10 miles ;D. Can't wait to take it on its first trip; hopefully by the fall, to Alpine, AZ. Have a great weekend folks.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #937 on: March 21, 2015, 12:44:01 PM »
Any rides a good ride. Had ingunal hernia surgery last year and was riding 4 days after. Made it about 5 clicks before turning around, paid for it for a few days, but in the end it was worth it.  ::)
Cheers elp_jc my thoughts are with you.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #938 on: March 21, 2015, 01:10:31 PM »
I washed mine this morning. ::)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline tomp

« Reply #939 on: March 21, 2015, 01:15:19 PM »
A day off, and it's been raining since before 5AM.  At least the rain will be gone for a few days, and commuting by bike instead of car will happen.  A great week to all.   tp