Author Topic: Not bad.... for an old man :-)  (Read 1561 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Not bad.... for an old man :-)
« on: May 09, 2014, 01:16:25 PM »
Don 'Big Daddy' Garlits is 82 years old and still at it. Not the quickest guy in the world anymore but still on the edge of technology; check out what he did with some electric motors and old flashlight batteries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea4igN8Thtg

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
Re: Not bad.... for an old man :-)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 06:28:32 PM »
I remember when 7.2 seconds wasn't bad for anybody.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 09:01:19 AM »
It depends what you are doing, I guess.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 10:38:22 AM »
That's just cool!

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 11:59:56 AM »
Isn't it?

The article I caught mentioned that you cannot usually hear the noise of those gigantic, wrinkle- wall tires 'cause of the gazillion decibel engine driving them.... but on this one you absolutely can and it is surprising.

And of course the fact that Mr. Garlits himself is driving it, at 82 no less, is just icing on the cake IMO.

Brian

That's just cool!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 12:51:10 PM »
Isn't it?

The article I caught mentioned that you cannot usually hear the noise of those gigantic, wrinkle- wall tires 'cause of the gazillion decibel engine driving them.... but on this one you absolutely can and it is surprising.

And of course the fact that Mr. Garlits himself is driving it, at 82 no less, is just icing on the cake IMO.

Brian

Beyond the driver, I thought that was one of the best parts of the video. I wasn't expecting it and for some reason, it genuinely surprised me.