Author Topic: Changing browser  (Read 2283 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Changing browser
« on: August 26, 2014, 02:16:41 PM »
Been using Chrome for a while but that is turning into a resources pig. Not sure what it is doing but it sure is doing a LOT of it. And I find Chrome does not play nicely with quite a few web sites, more and more as time goes on. Explorer works with all the sites I have tried (I use that when I have to because Chrome won't work) but that is a typical Windoze pig of an application.

My favorite was always Netscape. In fact, I just stopped using the mail tool about 2 months ago. The browser of course was deteriorating in performance for years 'cause of course the last version was 2004 (!!) so it did not work with a lot of web sites. So I am giving Firefox a try- so far it seems OK. Just have to increase the display size a bit or get glasses....

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
Re: Changing browser
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 08:53:34 PM »
I changed to Firefox a few years ago, works for me.
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 04:23:48 AM »
I tried Chrome, didn't like.  Took too much work and had to polish it all the time.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline wahrsuul

• This is personal, stop reading it!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 04:28:27 AM »
I use Firefox on my Windows 7 and Linux boxes.
1999 C-10: Knee savers, Givi trunk, Rifle windshield, KB risers, K&N...and counting...

What did I do to deserve this life?  And how do I do it again?

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 06:27:26 AM »
I have tried Chrome. Don't like it. I am also not a fan of IE. Firefox is all I use. One thing I like is that if I press strl+shift+esc and turn off Firefox then I can turn it back on with all the tabs in place.

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 07:20:32 AM »
I have tried Chrome. Don't like it. I am also not a fan of IE. Firefox is all I use. One thing I like is that if I press strl+shift+esc and turn off Firefox then I can turn it back on with all the tabs in place.

Have to use Chrome at work but run Firefox everywhere else. I use the sync function so all my puters, tablets and phones have the same info, bookmarks etc. Also apply ad aware and do not track me while setting Duck Duck Go as my search engine to avoid trackers. Ghostery also. Mozilla does a good job in the add ons section so you can easily customize to fit your needs. Works for me. YMMV
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt