Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853698 times)

Offline gildaguz

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #3280 on: December 03, 2018, 06:51:35 PM »
Replaced the old HID's with LED's
Air filter
Clutch slave seal
Clutch pus rod  oil seal
Coolant
Drive shaft splines lubrication
Both TPMS sensors
Cluster (old one has the LCD display faded)
Oil change
Front brake rotors
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 07:57:42 PM by gildaguz »
2009 Non ABS Concours Black
2006 Honda VTX 1300 C candy Orange
2004 Honda Shadow  Sabre 750
1979 Suzuki 185 all terrain

Offline okrider

• Dora: '11 Black
« Reply #3281 on: December 04, 2018, 07:42:22 AM »
Almost dropped her trying to get her onto the lift. Pushed her on, and then she started leaning towards me (I was on its left) and was sideways for a second. Didn't touch anything and I was able to lift it back up on my own. Everything hurts today. She is heavy
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #3282 on: December 04, 2018, 08:43:21 AM »
It is scary. I always get two buddies to steady it and I ride it up the lift. I have dropped a bike off a raised lift doing  a bonehead move with the tie downs.!

Almost dropped her trying to get her onto the lift. Pushed her on, and then she started leaning towards me (I was on its left) and was sideways for a second. Didn't touch anything and I was able to lift it back up on my own. Everything hurts today. She is heavy
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline robertv

• 2008 C14 Silver
« Reply #3283 on: December 04, 2018, 09:15:47 AM »
Adding a fuseblock carried over from my C10 to my C14, but also now putting on the MM lights under the mirrors. Next up is the bearing shifters today or tomorrow.

Will go for a test ride soon once it warms up since I'm sure we have some black ice around the mornings.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #3284 on: December 04, 2018, 09:47:56 AM »
Air filter
Clutch slave seal
Clutch push rod  oil seal
Coolant
Both TPMS sensors
Oil change
Front brake rotors

Hey, that's a good amount of work right there.   :thumbs:

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #3285 on: December 04, 2018, 01:45:58 PM »
Air filter
Clutch slave seal
Clutch pus rod  oil seal
Coolant
Both TPMS sensors
Oil change
Front brake rotors
Did you buy a new cluster or used? My LCD started showing problems today. Characters are not fading but some dark streaks are showing at top.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline gildaguz

« Reply #3286 on: December 04, 2018, 04:36:00 PM »
Did you buy a new cluster or used? My LCD started showing problems today. Characters are not fading but some dark streaks are showing at top.
I had a very good deal because i was seeking for a used one might be damaged that have the lcd in good condition to install it on the one in my bike so take the chance and  bought one on EBAY with the lens broken and marked as useless only for parts for $31.00 when i received it just plug it in and worked perfectly so i swap the internal parts and also did the modification to the LED's from red to white same as the old one

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #3287 on: December 04, 2018, 04:58:47 PM »
I had a very good deal because i was seeking for a used one might be damaged that have the lcd in good condition to install it on the one in my bike so take the chance and  bought one on EBAY with the lens broken and marked as useless only for parts for $31.00 when i received it just plug it in and worked perfectly so i swap the internal parts and also did the modification to the LED's from red to white same as the old one
So if I read you right you put the internals you bought on Ebay into your cover, is that correct? So now your odometer is incorrect?. Is the LCD soldered to the circuit board?

Offline gildaguz

« Reply #3288 on: December 04, 2018, 05:49:42 PM »
So if I read you right you put the internals you bought on Ebay into your cover, is that correct? So now your odometer is incorrect?. Is the LCD soldered to the circuit board?
No, it have connectors, now the odometer have less miles but I am not thinking about selling it so it does not bother me

Offline route66tc

« Reply #3289 on: December 05, 2018, 05:34:09 AM »

I feel like I have more control riding than walking beside.  I pull the seat on whatever is going on the lift so that I can ride it on.  I have the front tire vise adjusted so that it has a snug grip on the tire when it gets between the jaws.  Side stand is down with a block of wood under the foot before I get off.  So far so good.  Hope it stays that way.  One day I'm going to make some platform extensions for that thing and add a decent wheel chock.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #3290 on: December 05, 2018, 08:28:11 AM »
Great idea on taking the seat off. I bolted on a piece of 3/4 plywood extension with a block on it that is under the kickstand area. A new chock would also help. I also added an angle iron that goes across with 2 U bolts in it that bolt to the bottom of the centerstand . The angle is then bolted to the lift. Very solid. Mine stays on the lift all winter so I want things stable..

I feel like I have more control riding than walking beside.  I pull the seat on whatever is going on the lift so that I can ride it on.  I have the front tire vise adjusted so that it has a snug grip on the tire when it gets between the jaws.  Side stand is down with a block of wood under the foot before I get off.  So far so good.  Hope it stays that way.  One day I'm going to make some platform extensions for that thing and add a decent wheel chock.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #3291 on: December 05, 2018, 09:35:07 AM »
I dropped my C-14 when rolling it off the bench 1 time. Luckily nothing was hurt.
Since that time I never try to do it by myself.

I also have the vise for the front wheel, it works, but I've been thinking about adding a HF wheel chock to mine.
I think the HF chock will work better.

NOTE: Once my bike is on the table, I use turnbuckles {on the front wheel to table} to stabilize it.
             After their in place the bike is "very" secure.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3292 on: December 05, 2018, 03:49:32 PM »
I dropped my C-14 when rolling it off the bench 1 time. Luckily nothing was hurt.
Since that time I never try to do it by myself.

I can't even get my [lowered] C-14 on the center stand alone... even with using some wood under the rear wheel.  Man it is a heavy beast!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #3293 on: December 05, 2018, 08:19:08 PM »
I solved that. After I lowered mine it was almost impossible to get on the CS.
So I shortened the center stand. That took some planning, but do-able. Can send info if needed?
EZ to get on the stand now.

Ride safe, Ted
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 07:58:24 AM by connie_rider »

Offline okrider

• Dora: '11 Black
« Reply #3294 on: December 06, 2018, 07:36:06 AM »
I'm sure you know this but you pull up instead of back right? I helped a guy try to put a KLR650 on a center stand and he was having the hardest time with his center stand. He had an a-ha moment when I told him to pull up instead of back
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #3295 on: December 06, 2018, 08:02:46 AM »
I installed new EBC HH front pads (purchased from Murphs) Noticed fork oil leak on the right. Sealed it successfully with my Motion Pro SealMate. I hope, anyway. :D

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #3296 on: December 06, 2018, 08:29:15 AM »
I installed new EBC HH front pads (purchased from Murphs) Noticed fork oil leak on the right. Sealed it successfully with my Motion Pro SealMate. I hope, anyway. :D

My forks have been good since I used the SealMate on it.  Have not put a ton of miles on it since, but so far so good.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #3297 on: December 06, 2018, 10:27:24 AM »
My forks have been good since I used the SealMate on it.  Have not put a ton of miles on it since, but so far so good.
I did 75 miles bedding in the pads and no sign of an oil leak!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3298 on: December 06, 2018, 03:31:46 PM »
I'm sure you know this but you pull up instead of back right? I helped a guy try to put a KLR650 on a center stand and he was having the hardest time with his center stand. He had an a-ha moment when I told him to pull up instead of back

I tried pulling every direction there was :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3299 on: December 06, 2018, 03:33:26 PM »
Me too.  Silly plastic card works.  Has been months and still no leak.  But now I do try and keep that area clean when I wash the bike- it is not easy to get to, however.