Author Topic: Arrrgh! 2014 ZX14 gets funky paint, special edition... What about the C14 !!?!?  (Read 5445 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Copy cats, right down to the gold wheels too eh...  ::)

Offline daveyboy

I really like that white/black with the gold accents--but lose the cheesy flames.

I would have loved for my C14 to have been available with that color scheme.
My Kawasakis:
2012 Concours
2003 Z1000
1970 G4TR 100 Trail Boss

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
I would have loved for my C14 to have been available with that color scheme.
And Ohlins, nice.  ;D

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
crackerjack decals, Kawasaki style  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Spanky

Most of the time you can remove the decals. The Ohlins stay. They need to offer a special edition C-14 with the ZX motor and Ohlins suspenders. That I would buy, dumb decals or not.

Offline MrPepsi

Most people who buy ZX-14s buy them for the bling. Most C-14 buyers buy them to keep them for years and actually ride them. They don't want crappy paint schemes and decals.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline SkyWalker

Most people who buy ZX-14s buy them for the bling. Most C-14 buyers buy them to keep them for years and actually ride them. They don't want crappy paint schemes and decals.

C14 rear wheel power is around 130-135 hp, ZX14R 185 hp.

Now between driveability, fuel economy and power tradeoff for touring some of those 50 hp the ZX14 has could be "handed down" to the C14.

"I have a dream", +20-30 hp, modern sport touring braking system (with proper rear wheel brake control), improved wind protection, cruise, and upgraded suspension !

It would then be no contest for the K16 and FJR :deadhorse:

Offline KawiG

Real Motorcycles are always black. except for the female versions.
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Son of Pappy

C14 rear wheel power is around 130-135 hp, ZX14R 185 hp.

Now between driveability, fuel economy and power tradeoff for touring some of those 50 hp the ZX14 has could be "handed down" to the C14.

"I have a dream", +20-30 hp, modern sport touring braking system (with proper rear wheel brake control), improved wind protection, cruise, and upgraded suspension !

It would then be no contest for the K16 and FJR :deadhorse:
Easily achieved dream, all it takes is time and money.  Full AreaP, PCV, Auto Tune, and a set of ZX14 TBs.  161.5 RWHP with more in her.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
awesome....
dual Scud missile launchers... :o

wtf styling are they coming up with now..... ::) ::)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Strawboss

Flames are popular these days. I think they look stupid on a bike. A '32 highboy maybe, but not a bike. Good thing they are usually easy to remove. You wonder what went on during the focus groups, guess an overabundance of cruiser guys got into sessions.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
We had flames painted on our fire truck in the mid eighties.  No mufflers either.  You could hear us coming miles away without running sirens....those were the days.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline twowheeladdict

The flames are minimal and tie in the gold elsewhere on the bike.  Not bad looking IMO.

I could care less about more power on the Concours.  I barely use a fraction of the power the 14 has.

If Kawasaki would come out with a drive shaft middle weight sport touring bike that fit me I would be all over it.

Heck, I'd be real happy if they would offer a 14 with hydraulic valves even if that means a reduction in power.  I want to ride.  I don't want to tear the bike down to check the valve clearances. 

The Voyager XII had the perfect engine.  Too bad they couldn't have moved it over to a sport touring platform with fuel injection.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077