Author Topic: Why do you NEED an AR-15?  (Read 12323 times)

Offline twowheeladdict

Re: Why do you NEED an AR-15?
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2013, 02:30:29 PM »
No argument here. Been voting libertarian for years. And I don't trust the dems because they want to take away EVERYTHING!

That's not quite true.  They don't want to take away welfare, socialized medicine, unemployment insurance, environmental protection, afirmative action, etc.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline JP

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2013, 09:18:16 AM »
Just a little reality check...You would be fighting NATO troops not U.S. soldiers.

Offline booger

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2013, 08:09:53 PM »
My only "NEED" of an AR15 or other Military style rifle is to defend myself from the government  and It is about defense of freedom against tyranny..... and for other self defense.

My "WANT"  greatly out caps my need...so it's really about WANT...and not so much about NEED

But then,  My wants have always superseeded my needs....

Since my Wants are legal, I don't need to justify a need....

Now, I want to take a break so I need to take a nap.....

Miss Silvera, I don't think you are married.  If I tell my wife I want a new gun, she says I already have too many.  I have to convince her I  NEED THEM    ;D

Offline Furbo

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2013, 01:04:54 AM »
Just a little reality check...You would be fighting NATO troops not U.S. soldiers.

Um....really?  I think not. All of NATO combined cant match the US force strength. NATO cannot project power outside their own borders  without US help - they dont have the cargo planes or ships to move their forces - WE do that for them. NATO forces have virtually NO logistics structure to maintain forces outside theri borders.

WE are NATO.
05 C-10
Eccl: 9: 7-10

Offline Furbo

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2013, 01:13:33 AM »
Oh,

and to the point of the thread - SISF's original post was terrific.

As to my personal opinion - gun makers might want to consider making things that look a bit less horrendous than what one can observe in extreme video games....all that black seems to scare liberals.

Myself - I dont need an AR-15. What I would like is a lightweight, magazine fed, center fire, semi automatic sporting rifle in something between 5.56 & 7.62 caliber.
05 C-10
Eccl: 9: 7-10

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2013, 01:52:19 AM »
Oh,

and to the point of the thread - SISF's original post was terrific.

As to my personal opinion - gun makers might want to consider making things that look a bit less horrendous than what one can observe in extreme video games....all that black seems to scare liberals.

Myself - I dont need an AR-15. What I would like is a lightweight, magazine fed, center fire, semi automatic sporting rifle in something between 5.56 & 7.62 caliber.

http://www.ruger.com/products/mini14TacticalRifle/models.html

http://www.ruger.com/products/miniThirty/models.html

A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2013, 07:33:42 AM »
Why do you NEED an AR-15?

ZOMBIES

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2013, 10:24:22 AM »
Those that TRULY believe that they must be prepared to defend themselves against the US government are just crazy! If they really believe this then they need to arm themselves with much more than ARs. These nuts should be stocking up on all the same weapons are the US military. After all, it's not smart to bring a knife (i.e. an AR) to a gun fight. Why not drones or rocket launchers? If you can't afford these at least you should be stocking up on diesel and fertilizer.

The real reason to have ARs and large capacity mags is because it's your right and they are cool and when you go out and blast things it's fun. If you think a couple of good old boys with ARs can defeat the US military you must be nuts or at least very delusional.

I guess 65% of Americans are crazy.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/gun_control/65_see_gun_rights_as_protection_against_tyranny

Offline Miss Silvera

• "Listen With Your Eyes"
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2013, 02:25:22 PM »
Miss Silvera, I don't think you are married.  If I tell my wife I want a new gun, she says I already have too many.  I have to convince her I  NEED THEM    ;D

I am NOT married, NOT gonna get married, Have NO REASON to be married.... NEVER been married... 

Why mess up a good thing....though a partner with my same mindset, likes, dislikes could be very good...or very boring....

Maybe thats whay I'm not married... :o 8) ::) ;D :o
"Listen With Your Eyes" 
Identify, Acquire, Press, Press, Move
Wit, Grit, Courage,and Determination .....
win gunfights

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2013, 02:48:08 PM »
Single life rules
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Son of Pappy

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2013, 02:59:45 PM »
Silvera, I'm thinking ya aint married because I am ;)

Do I mean good/bad example, or availability? ;D

Offline Cuda

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2013, 06:02:54 PM »
Yeah 41 years of pure HELL , It's like living with your sister after 10 ::)

Don't like being alone ... I would have too many bad habits.... my worst habit now is spending $.

SOMEHOW they need to keep Guns and NUTS apart, but how is the question, you got 320+ millon

people  in the USA  now,  you know how small of a percentage of problems we have out side of the

intercity areas VERY LITTLE, a NUT will always be NUTS.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:55:45 PM by Cuda »
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Miss Silvera

• "Listen With Your Eyes"
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2013, 09:33:42 PM »
Chet...right!   

"Listen With Your Eyes" 
Identify, Acquire, Press, Press, Move
Wit, Grit, Courage,and Determination .....
win gunfights