Author Topic: Someone has been stealing from my wife and I  (Read 9624 times)

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
Re: Someone has been stealing from my wife and I
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2012, 03:27:17 PM »
How the F can one justify that??
When someone is truly addicted, there is no justification.  And if they do create a justification, it wouldn't make sense to someone who isn't addicted.

I was on Percocet, Vicodin, and Valium (simultaneously!) after my motorcycle accident.  Fortunately, I saw my own signs of psychological addiction to them before others noticed, and even more fortunately, I was able to put them down and just use ibuprofen to manage the pain.  (Doesn't manage it as well, but I'll take pain over the place I was headed any day.)  I still avoid them.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2012, 04:01:31 PM »
Heck I saw myself nearly addicted to NyQuil a while back; got real sick while working on an ocean going tug and likely needed to be in the hospital but that was not an option short of being air lifted off. So every night I took NyQuil and every morning cold meds. After I finally kicked the bug I found that I could no longer sleep without the NyQuil. Believe me I've been around the block with recreational drug use and nothing ever quite roped me in like the NyQuil did.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2012, 04:09:21 PM »
Do you remember the Romilar for Lunch Bunch. Maybe terpin hydrate. Used to be fun to have a cold.

Offline GeeBeav

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2012, 07:03:54 PM »
addicted to NyQuil

Wasn't that a song - long ago?
In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man.

Offline graham downunder

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2012, 08:47:36 PM »
You and your wife have handed it well so far . Leave it alone for the moment , let her husband and family try to help her admitte to her problem . Sometimes bad things happen to people that cause these problems . I have seen it so many times it is not funny . hear are some examples

Pregnant women can be fine but after child birth they may get hormonaly affected ,it can also happen when they stop breast feeding .I am NOT talking about about post natal depression ,but a true Hormone change .

They suddenly ,or over time, start to remember something they have bured away in their memory such as being molested as a child ( very common) . This can happen out blue when say a relative who had molested them and they have not seen for decades moves back into town etc.This starts to dominate and override their personalty and starts to eat away at them,it is a bit like a dull pain that never goes away .

Medical conditions like early one set of some cancers or brain tumours

Finacial problems such as a gabling habbit that is just starting to be discovered.

You and your wife are a victim of her symptons ,you can not solve her problems ,nor do you even know what they are . Just be a friend to her and her husband , do not allow her to be tempted LOCK the medician and  valuables away . If her husband admitted he has noticed it over the last month he has probably had a funny felling for a while . Help him when he needs it ,encorage him and his his wife to enjoy themselves like small trips away . Sometimes people can get better if things change around them and they are happier ,but sometimes medical help is needed.

If you go to church talk to your minister without naming her and ask him for advice .

Just remember what would you like to happen if it was your wife .

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline 94gixxerod

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2012, 09:54:18 AM »
Jeremy, my belief, FWIW, is that you've handled this well. Congratulations!

Offline Miss Silvera

• "Listen With Your Eyes"
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »
Jeremy,

I want to add something I don't think was covered.  (I didn't see it if it was)

If she stole your meds out of the medcabt,  then she would steal a key to your house.

Change your locks.....
"Listen With Your Eyes" 
Identify, Acquire, Press, Press, Move
Wit, Grit, Courage,and Determination .....
win gunfights

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2012, 05:07:41 PM »
Jeremy,

I want to add something I don't think was covered.  (I didn't see it if it was)

If she stole your meds out of the medcabt,  then she would steal a key to your house.

Change your locks.....

Good point.  Thank goodness my house is equipped with KiPass.   ;D
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2012, 08:25:40 PM »
Jeremy, my belief, FWIW, is that you've handled this well. Congratulations!
For all you know, She's burried in His back yard. ::)

:stirpot:

;D
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2012, 04:49:42 AM »
Good point.  Thank goodness my house is equipped with KiPass.   ;D

Got all your fobs?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2012, 05:58:27 AM »
Got all your fobs?

1.....2......and thr.........what the hell!  My KiPass card is missing, oh wait I haven't bought one yet so I am good.  My wife did convince her to go for a ride with me a couple months ago (I thought it was a trap).  And she had a blast, she got off and said she was laughing so hard she almost peed her pants, so I know she loves the power of KiPass and if she found out about the convenience of not having to dig for a key...................then all bets are off. 

Back on topic;  She does seem more like her old self the last couple of days.  She actually looks like she is eating and she has been spending alot of time in the yard with her son from what my wife tells me.  Maybe she just had a rough patch................... 

I still don't trust her anymore than I can throw her skinny ass.....................well maybe any farther than my wife could throw her.   ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2012, 08:27:32 AM »
1.....2......and thr.........what the hell!  My KiPass card is missing, oh wait I haven't bought one yet so I am good.  My wife did convince her to go for a ride with me a couple months ago (I thought it was a trap).  And she had a blast, she got off and said she was laughing so hard she almost peed her pants, so I know she loves the power of KiPass and if she found out about the convenience of not having to dig for a key...................then all bets are off. 

Back on topic;  She does seem more like her old self the last couple of days.  She actually looks like she is eating and she has been spending alot of time in the yard with her son from what my wife tells me.  Maybe she just had a rough patch................... 

I still don't trust her anymore than I can throw her skinny ass.....................well maybe any farther than my wife could throw her.   ;D

A trap? What do you mean?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2012, 09:23:17 AM »
A trap? What do you mean?

That my wife wanted another woman to ride on the back of my bike.  I thought it was a test to see if I would take her and get chewed out later.  You know how women are weird like that?  My wife is very trusting (of me) and has never been "clingy" so I guess I should have never worried in the first place.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 10:11:30 AM »
That my wife wanted another woman to ride on the back of my bike.  I thought it was a test to see if I would take her and get chewed out later.  You know how women are weird like that?  My wife is very trusting (of me) and has never been "clingy" so I guess I should have never worried in the first place.

That and a few other ways too.