Author Topic: The other concours forum with membership fee  (Read 2817 times)

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
Re: The other concours forum with membership fee
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2020, 06:33:01 PM »
exactly. this is why I left, and i just renewed like a month ago. 1: got tired of posts being slagged with 'join and pay' messages in the responses, which got worse after the 'new rules', and 2: forum access would be dead in 6 mos if i didn't renew. I did but didn't like the approach by 'the board' and really didn't like the 'if you don't like it too bad' attitude. 3: certain members with the snarky expertise with a very 'we know more than you' attitude'. Didn't like that one bit either, and it was allowed way too much.  Decorum rules should apply to everyone.

I have no desire to attend rallies, get printed materials or get help from a club member, just don't need it. I could see that before the days of the web and cell phones, but its archaic. I do remember the old BMOA days and i could def see it then, but now, nah.   No value for me. same reason i no longer have a land line ( and my dad worked for ma bell for 37 years).

Just to clarify a bit. If you were a current member when "they" made the switch at COG there is no six month extension for forum access. Posting and other perks go dark upon expiration. Forum members get a 6 month ride before going dark.

I'll be going dark over there on 03Dec after 18 years of membership.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline m in sc

• Polluting Rockhill with 2 strokes for decades.
    • 2 stroke world
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2020, 07:23:08 PM »
for clarity, I still am. Paid till sept of next year. But i won't participate or go there anymore for the reasons i stated. 
I break and fix stuff.  No more concours's in the stables. see you guys around...

Offline PH14

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2020, 07:58:16 PM »
It seems really quiet over there right now.