Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853336 times)

Offline tomp

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #260 on: November 17, 2014, 02:46:54 PM »
Since we can ride 12 months a year here, when it is below or above a certain temp, I just don't ride.  I'm still hunting for a new job, and depending on the income, I may have to start riding for more than just fun, but economic reasons.  Used to off road ride in the winter on frozen ground and through river beds with ice floating in the water.  Fun all those decades ago, but sure wouldn't do it now. 

Hope those of you who are putting up their bikes are able to do winter sports, snow mobiling, skiing, snow boarding, etc.  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #261 on: November 17, 2014, 02:58:18 PM »
Since we can ride 12 months a year here, when it is below or above a certain temp, I just don't ride.  I'm still hunting for a new job, and depending on the income, I may have to start riding for more than just fun, but economic reasons.  Used to off road ride in the winter on frozen ground and through river beds with ice floating in the water.  Fun all those decades ago, but sure wouldn't do it now. 

Hope those of you who are putting up their bikes are able to do winter sports, snow mobiling, skiing, snow boarding, etc.  tp

Why would we want to do that? It's freaking cold outside.  :_shudder_Emoticon

Offline tomp

« Reply #262 on: November 17, 2014, 03:24:44 PM »
A person of intelligence.  The winter olympics have never made sense to me.  All those folks out in the cold, watching other people out in the cold.  Just no sense to me... ;D ;D

That's why I live in the Texas Gulf Coast area.  Back into the 70's in a couple of  days.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #263 on: November 17, 2014, 06:32:21 PM »
"Winterizing" is when you ride in sub-freezing temps, right?  Cause I do that all the time...m

:-\
So the temp here the other day was -18.4f with the wind chill it was -46.3 now factor in a highway speed (60mi)into the wind works out to -63.63f try that out and let me know how you make out.
Nowadays most sleds have heated grips and seats such as http://www.polaris.com/en-ca/snowmobiles/550-indy-adventure-155/build#sthash.ZYuGo0ZQ.dpbs
 But like gPink says

As I get older the bone chilling cold hits way to  :censored: :censored: :censored: hard.

But.........but this does have a certain appeal to it  ;D

Offline tomp

« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2014, 06:42:27 PM »
I have never been able to ride a snow mobile, but it looks like a blast.  Where I live, the humidity makes being out doors, when cold, a misery.  Your low humidity cold up there, has to make winter much easier to accept.  Have a great season, my friend...tp

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2014, 06:55:06 PM »

:-\
So the temp here the other day was -18.4f with the wind chill it was -46.3 now factor in a highway speed (60mi)into the wind works out to -63.63f try that out and let me know how you make out.
Nowadays most sleds have heated grips and seats such as http://www.polaris.com/en-ca/snowmobiles/550-indy-adventure-155/build#sthash.ZYuGo0ZQ.dpbs
 But like gPink says
As I get older the bone chilling cold hits way to  :censored: :censored: :censored: hard.

But.........but this does have a certain appeal to it  ;D

YIKES!!! Coldest we get around here is teens... And usually we're at least in the 20's.
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2014, 12:57:44 AM »
No need to winterize in Walnut Creek, Ca. Playing with tire pressures, Black Bear (my C-14) with PR2's and 55 aspect ratio on rear, handles best @ 44 psi front and 46 psi rear. Seems 100 lbs. lighter than with 42/42. Fuel mileage also went up to 44.1 doing 75-80 for 350 miles of slabbing. Just sayin', not recommending altering the factory pressures, but I'm lovin' them Michelins. Big difference over the P.O.S. 021 Crapstones.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2014, 04:44:56 AM »
Oh man that is sad. It was a chilly 31 but I road mine to work this morning.

"Winterizing" is when you ride in sub-freezing temps, right?  Cause I do that all the time...

It's 8 degrees here now and yesterday's high was 10 and there's two inches of snow on the ground. Sub-freezing? Well, ya.  :_shudder_Emoticon I don't want to be sub-freezing so I'll be putting the bike away this week. 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2014, 04:46:38 AM »

Oh heck yeah! Connie is getting put up for the season but that means that the snowmobiles will be coming out soon to play.    :)

[smg id=406]
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #269 on: November 18, 2014, 06:49:28 AM »
A person of intelligence.  The winter olympics have never made sense to me.  All those folks out in the cold, watching other people out in the cold.  Just no sense to me... ;D ;D

That's why I live in the Texas Gulf Coast area.  Back into the 70's in a couple of  days.

I miss Colorado but there are advantages to living in Austin  8)

sailor_chic

« Reply #270 on: November 18, 2014, 06:52:37 AM »
Yesterday, I met up with a fellow Connie owner. There is a bunch of irony in this simple meeting. We met on the other forum and his signature caught my eye, seeing that we were both from the same town. I sent a PM to him and later that day he responded with his contact information. So we scheduled to meet yesterday at 0900 at the local McDonalds. We had a discussion covering employment and found out that we both are employed in the same type of work and that we also work for the same company. So for a quick recap of our similarities so far; same bikes, town, employment and employer. Wow! This just blew my little mind.
So we set off on a ride to Sebring to go get lunch, of course on all back roads. After lunch, we decided to take the long way home and ride around lake Okeechobee. We stopped in Okeechobee and he confirmed that I wanted to ride so much farther. We discussed how much gasoline we had and figured that we could make it to Clewiston. We made it to the south side of the lake and were going thru Moore Haven when he pulled up alongside and indicated he needed gas. Im assuming that he was tired of looking at the flashing dashboard. So he took the lead in a hunt for gas. Well Moore Haven is not a big town and we drove past the only gas station. We both figured that over the bridge would be another station, wrong! I could see him looking at his GPS, guessing that he was looking how far gas was away. Next town Clewiston, 9 miles. About 2 1/2 miles later, it happened. I was reducing my speed as I watched my new friend, who is also an experienced Iron Butt Rally rider, coast to a stop on the side of the road. We laughed for a few minutes and we discussed the importance of 227. That was how far you can ride before running out of gas.
I went down the road and found a Chevron gas station. Went inside for a gas can and quickly learned that they were sold out. So reluctantly I went next store to a Citgo and became a victim of price gouging. $17 for a 2 gallon can. OUCH!! I returned to the roadside to find him still sitting there. He informed me that 3 LEO's passed him and didnt bother stopping of offer assistance. Gotta  love the service we pay for!
He filled up and down the road we went. At the next gas station, he walked over and slid his card in my gas pump, and told me it was hush money. His attempts to pay me off and not tell his story of running out. Did I mention he is an experienced Iron Butt Rally rider? Lol!
The rest of the ride home was uneventful, barely. I was leading and we passed 4 cars in a row. Of course we might have been slightly over the posed speed limit. But for some reason, we both backed down in time to have a LEO pass us. Still amazes me that he didnt want to have a discussion with us.
Back in out home town, we stopped in a parking lot to rehash our great day and to part ways. All was good and ready to leave and he said that he was going to invite me to have a beer, at his expense, in attempts seal up my lips to reduce any embarrassment for not purchasing the low fuel warning eliminator.
Being a weak individual, we shared in some libations and had wonderful discussions.
It was a 340 mile day for us. Met a great new friend, and we have identical riding habits. Looking forward to spending more time with him.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 06:41:17 PM by sailor_chic »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #271 on: November 18, 2014, 06:57:20 AM »
Sounds like an exceptional day!

sailor_chic

« Reply #272 on: November 18, 2014, 07:10:24 AM »
It really was!! I would have never thought that I could meet such a nice guy and we share so many common interests. Got to love fate!

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #273 on: November 18, 2014, 11:09:56 AM »
Single ... for now!  ;)

sailor_chic

« Reply #274 on: November 18, 2014, 01:03:46 PM »
Single ... for now!  ;)

Perhaps this will change soon :)

Offline Jim H

« Reply #275 on: November 18, 2014, 01:31:57 PM »
 Now if he only has a vmax that could seal the deal!  LOL

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #276 on: November 18, 2014, 04:45:43 PM »
Met a great new friend, and we have identical riding habits. Looking forward to spending more time with him.

You meet the nicest people on a Hxxxx Concours...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #277 on: November 18, 2014, 06:04:59 PM »
Outstanding story. Best of luck to both of you if this progresses..... :-)   

Brian

Perhaps this will change soon :)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline tomp

« Reply #278 on: November 18, 2014, 07:21:16 PM »
Two Connies in a  garage, with  a happy couple, what could be better?  Enjoy the time you spend together, short or long. . .tomp

sailor_chic

« Reply #279 on: November 19, 2014, 01:49:19 PM »
Two Connies in a  garage...

Perhaps we could end up with Connie-etts!