Author Topic: pepperheads beware...  (Read 14178 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
pepperheads beware...
« on: August 03, 2015, 07:08:34 PM »
yep, my container grown pepper crop this year spans about a dozen of the hottest in the world, and I have my first green Carolina reapers on the plant.. I expect to sample withinn2 weeks... mmmmmmmm and along with those, I have Ghost, (bhut jahlokia], and Trinidad Mouruga Scorpion ( the basis for all the current hottest strains..
oh, Fatali, Kung Pao( ate some today and whoaaaaaaaaa), Jawallah, Habenero. ( colder by nature than all the pre noted ones, but I don't know anyone that would say they are mild...), Jalepeno which seem hotter then ever before due to some cross breeding... woo hooo..., and a bunch more "tame" I.e. hot, but not deadly species... great summer for peppers in N.E. Ohio.

currently I have about 60 plants...
pictures coming shortly.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline jamiemac

Re: pepperheads beware...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 07:16:41 PM »
Awesome! I can't eat those things, but I bet You could weaponize that stuff!
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 12:48:51 PM »
Awesome! I can't eat those things, but I bet You could weaponize that stuff!

that's for certain.... the reaper, ghost, and scorpon ones are already exceeding the scoville units of any pepper spray on the market...
chopping them in a food processor, and rendering them into a tincture using something like grain alcohol or high proof booze ( both processes done outdoors of course...) would render an extract of epic endorphan rush....

maybe even using a radio controlled flying thingy to disperse it would be fun.... (oops, that's another thread...)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 12:52:35 PM »
^^^^whoa nice! 
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 01:11:10 PM »
at 2.2 million scoville units, you would still be able to feel something on your tongue, when ONE drop is diluted with 29 GALLONS of water....

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 02:01:36 PM »
 Sweet!... I mean  :yikes:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 03:26:48 PM »
at 2.2 million scoville units, you would still be able to feel something on your tongue, when ONE drop is diluted with 29 GALLONS of water....

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 04:44:47 PM »
Even if You could eat them....what about when it's bathroom time?
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 04:55:10 PM »
 :_shudder_Emoticon
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Arata

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 07:55:07 AM »

Burning Ring of Fire!
2014 V Strom 1000
2008 C14
2004 ZRX1200R
1993 GSXR 1100

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 10:45:07 AM »
As long as you don't fall into it. ;-)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 12:38:39 PM »

"kinda like the Jelly of the month club there Clark,
it's the gift that keeps on giving"..... :stirpot:

last year we dried most of our crop, then kept the pods sealed in plastic bottles.
We have an electric coffee grinder specifically for grinding these for usage on pizza, and other foods, a pinch at a time...

But we have been known to slice fresh pods super thin and "sample" the critters...with bread and butter....
after the first couple slices, the endorphans kick in, and surprisingly you adapt to the heat... and crave more... 8)

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 01:59:28 PM »
Last year the critters got all my peppers, but the year before we had a bumper crop (I won't say too many...)

Just to try it, we put a couple dozen fresh habaneros (yeah, I know, wimpy compared to MOB's crop) stem and all, in freezer bags and flash froze them.  Months later when we used them, the flavour was still almost fresh, but the thaw process mode them only suitable for cooking in chilis and stews - they were no longer...  and I'm trying to think of a descriptive term that wont need an "Easy boys" here...  they were no longer firm, kinda floppy - but in a chili, they still tasted awesome.

Got some ghost peppers growing in the sun-room now.  A few dozen immature fruit. Plus my Habs.  I'm sure they'd be better off outside, but we still have many critters around, and I WONT go without this year.

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 05:33:36 AM »
Found this at the local Meijer's (a grocery chain in the Great Lakes states) for about $3.50. Haven't tried it yet, but guess that originating in Holland it has to be less lethal than the original from the Assam region of India. The product liability would be immense. :)
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 07:18:27 PM »
Last year the critters got all my peppers, but the year before we had a bumper crop (I won't say too many...)

Just to try it, we put a couple dozen fresh habaneros (yeah, I know, wimpy compared to MOB's crop) stem and all, in freezer bags and flash froze them.  Months later when we used them, the flavour was still almost fresh, but the thaw process mode them only suitable for cooking in chilis and stews - they were no longer...  and I'm trying to think of a descriptive term that wont need an "Easy boys" here...  they were no longer firm, kinda floppy - but in a chili, they still tasted awesome.

Got some ghost peppers growing in the sun-room now.  A few dozen immature fruit. Plus my Habs.  I'm sure they'd be better off outside, but we still have many critters around, and I WONT go without this year.

Jamie

we had issues with critters eating the young plants 2 years ago, and found that nothing commercially available would deterr the deer from them... so we decided to fight fire with fire... and found the miricle solution....
picked up a dozen Habenero peppers from the grocery store, and a sprayer bottle  from dollar general....
tossed the peppers into the food processor, and added a head of garlic, and about 4-6 cups of hot water, and let it run for 5 minutes creating a deadly liquid slurry....strainedthe liquid thru a coffe filter to remove the solids, and was left with a miscible liquid. add the liquid to the spray bottle, and add about a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid....
sprayed this on the greenery of all the plats, and magic.... no more munched plants.... we also place all our containers above the ground, on plastic pallets and plastic wire spools, this keeps the bug issue to a minimum, and combined with the spray, we be ry happy....

oh, that spray also works awsomely to prevent wire harness munching mice from nesting and munching wires on the bike, simply go into the tiny crevecis, on the bike, and spray the wire harnes and area where they nest, and no more mice problems....

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: pepperheads beware...UPDATED
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2015, 05:31:41 PM »
ok, here's some of the recent harvest, we;ve been harvesting these for a couple months now, and there is at least another harvest left, and some plants maybe 2 if I bring them inside....
wooo hooo....

tried to embed the album, didn't work, so I'll just post some pics... full album can be seen here:

http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/MAN_OF_BLUES/library/AAA%20peppers%202015?sort=3&page=1

little tasting a couple weeks ago..

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 06:07:04 PM »
ok, here's some of the recent harvest, we;ve been harvesting these for a couple months now, and there is at least another harvest left, and some plants maybe 2 if I bring them inside....
wooo hooo....

tried to embed the album, didn't work, so I'll just post some pics... full album can be seen here:

http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/MAN_OF_BLUES/library/AAA%20peppers%202015?sort=3&page=1

little tasting a couple weeks ago..

oops 8)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 06:22:44 PM »
were you in my basement in 1975? damn, I knew someone left that door open....
hope you enjoyed it.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :finger_fing11:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 04:51:52 AM »
oops 8)

:rotflmao:

Love the colors Rich!    :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 09:17:01 AM »
oops 8)

Had to look 3 times to figure out what this was about.  8)