Author Topic: All Balls  (Read 6014 times)

Offline EZ

All Balls
« on: April 29, 2016, 12:23:06 PM »
Anyone have any experience with these bearing kits? They are sketchy cheap. I am normally an OE kind of guy but I am told the wheel bearings are only sealed on one side so I was originally thinking of replacing with two sided sealed bearing. (SKF 6005-2RS) I am now thinking that at this price I could change them every time I put tires on!

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/760/9286/All-Balls-Wheel-Bearing-Kit

Any input appreciated.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: All Balls
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 12:59:26 PM »
wheel bearings on all models of concours should be double seal bearings... especially on the C14...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 03:36:41 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 01:13:24 PM »
Judging by the title, I was expecting something different. Maybe there should have been a "easy boys" in the title.

But since were on the subject anyway, how many miles are people putting on their wheel bearings before changing? I have 65K on mine and they still feel tight.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 02:54:38 PM »
wheel bearings on all models of concourse

Yo!  We ain't no stinkin' airport!!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 06:13:55 PM »

Like Maxtog says we ain't no airport lobby- Concours is really KonKoor mon ami- no stinking pronouncement of 's' or e at the end. Quiz at 10:00  Merci

sailor_chic

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 07:52:24 PM »
Judging by the title, I was expecting something different. Maybe there should have been a "easy boys" in the title.

But since were on the subject anyway, how many miles are people putting on their wheel bearings before changing? I have 65K on mine and they still feel tight.

Even an easy girls...

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 11:18:11 PM »
... but I am told the wheel bearings are only sealed on one side so I was originally thinking of replacing with two sided sealed bearing.

Sealed one side only??? (I read it on the internet, so it must be true)

Replacing the bearings at each tire change is cheap insurance, though may be overkill. Bearings seem to fail catastrophically.

Open bearings are good if you want speed (less friction drag from the seals)
Metal shielded is good to keep physical crap out (rocks and grit) Typically a "2MS" suffix in the bearing number.
Rubber shielded keep fluids out, usually water. Typically denoted with a "2RS" suffix in the bearing number.

Bearings are bearings, though some may disagree. Any quality bearing will work peachy. Major manufacturers are SKF, Fafnir, FAG (can you say that now?), Timken, and MANY others. "All balls" is marketing fluff IMNSHO, they don't make bearings last I checked.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline EZ

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 05:45:52 AM »
Even an easy girls...

My apologies

Sealed one side only??? (I read it on the internet, so it must be true)

Rick

Actually thought I read it on one of the forums. I am replacing with duel seal regardless but I just thought that the price for these kits are reason for pause. I was originally planning to order the SKF from my local NAPA because I really do like to support the local guys but when I was quoted $42.00 each I started to look elsewhere. FWIW bearings are NOT created equal. Quality and life expectancy can vary tremendously.   

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 03:37:19 PM »

blasted spell checker anyways...... doh

after 14 years, I know how to spell and pronounce the name.....

anyways, here
front is 6005UU  oem, or 6005 2RS1 or 6005 2RSH (SKF replacement numbers)
rear is 6304UUC3 oem. or 6304 2RS1 or 6304 2RSH (SKF replacement) the "C3" designation is a standard for precision, SKF bearings are normally C3 unless specified otherwise...

both these bearings have buna-n rubber contact seals on both sides.

prices vary by sellors... anywheres from $8 to $40. each.... all the same bearing... go figure.

Murph carries the rears, 2 for $28 delivered, I'll drop a note to him to stock the front ones also......

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 04:22:03 PM »
blasted spell checker anyways...... doh

That is certainly not the worst I have dealt with when it comes to words changing... especially when I used voice recognition for text messaging.... dangerous!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 06:04:16 PM »
That is certainly not the worst I have dealt with when it comes to words changing... especially when I used voice recognition for text messaging.... dangerous!!

My LG does pretty dam good with voice to text even gets most cuss words correct too...
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2016, 08:05:05 PM »
My LG does pretty dam good with voice to text even gets most cuss words correct too...

Generally mine is pretty good... it just seems to slip every now and then on some critical/key word at just the wrong time.  I think the technology gods are out to get me sometimes.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 12:21:47 PM »
ive bought "all balls" brand before for my ATV, they are fine but I couldn't see them being better than the factory ones, just the same.

Offline zarticus

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 04:39:58 PM »
I've used All Balls on both my  84 & 86 Honda V65 Magna's that I restored, They both have front & rear wheel bearings & the steering stem bearings made by All Balls. Over 30,000 miles on the bearings in the 86 & 6,000 miles on the bearings in the 84. No problems so far & there are a ton of people on the V4Honda forum using them with no issues.  :chugbeer:
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 -  Candy Arabian Red
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero - Candy Burnt Orange
1986 Honda V65 Magna - Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna - Black

Offline EZ

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 06:28:26 PM »
I've used All Balls on both my  84 & 86 Honda V65 Magna's that I restored, They both have front & rear wheel bearings & the steering stem bearings made by All Balls. Over 30,000 miles on the bearings in the 86 & 6,000 miles on the bearings in the 84. No problems so far & there are a ton of people on the V4Honda forum using them with no issues.  :chugbeer:
ive bought "all balls" brand before for my ATV, they are fine but I couldn't see them being better than the factory ones, just the same.

Appreciate that.  :chugbeer:

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 07:25:59 AM »

My former roommate used these bearings in his P.O.S.  VFR, I cant say if they live long he wrecked that thing a few times and scrapped it. I CAN say that they come with an ALL BALLS sticker that you can stick to someone else's belongings and embarrass your friends
Every thing I drive is special and makes me excited just looking at it

Offline EZ

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 08:37:40 AM »
My former roommate used these bearings in his P.O.S.  VFR, I cant say if they live long he wrecked that thing a few times and scrapped it. I CAN say that they come with an ALL BALLS sticker that you can stick to someone else's belongings and embarrass your friends

Bonus   :thumbs: