Author Topic: Howdy Y'all  (Read 14184 times)

Offline 1 wheel peel

Re: Howdy Y'all
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 02:00:05 PM »
....The pad on the center stand doesn't clear the left side mid pipe, so you need to make changes for things to fit.  You can just extend the arm of the center stand around the pipe (what I did), remove the center stand (I would not), or buy a custom (like Muzzy's) modified center stand.

There's also no left side muffler mount location, so that requires a fix.  Many go with the Muzzy's left bracket, so it looks (mostly) factory.   I didn't........
Those things I am aware of, but does the mid pipe require any modification?  Sorry if this sounds stupid but I have not started on mine yet and I have not been able to find any pictures depicting that area.

Offline SkipH76

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2012, 08:36:38 PM »
WELCOME fellow East Texan!  Kinda partial to that color myself!   ;)  Hope to see you soon at some local gatherings.

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 11:16:16 PM »
Those things I am aware of, but does the mid pipe require any modification?  Sorry if this sounds stupid but I have not started on mine yet and I have not been able to find any pictures depicting that area.

Mine didn't...
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline Kinetic1

• I really do have the best wife EVER! 2013 Tuono
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 03:55:11 AM »
Welcome to the club. You found a cherry for sure.
No, really, she is the best and I can prove it...

Connie has been sold. Replaced with 2013 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2012, 04:39:13 AM »
I found the donut gasket where the mid connected to the header was thick enough to allow for slight manipulation of the midpipe to allow clearance around the hardparts. As C1x did, I modded the center stand to fit. The side stand contacted the mid slightly so I spotted a weld bead on the pad where the stand makes contact in the folded position. Went with Muzzy left side bracket.

Offline 1 wheel peel

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 08:11:59 AM »
WELCOME fellow East Texan!  Kinda partial to that color myself!   ;)  Hope to see you soon at some local gatherings.
Hey Skip!!  This is all your fault!  >:( ;D  Yours was the first I had ever seen in that color.

Offline 1 wheel peel

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 08:16:15 AM »
Mine didn't...
I found the donut gasket where the mid connected to the header was thick enough to allow for slight manipulation of the midpipe to allow clearance around the hardparts. As C1x did, I modded the center stand to fit. The side stand contacted the mid slightly so I spotted a weld bead on the pad where the stand makes contact in the folded position. Went with Muzzy left side bracket.

Thanks guys that Helps a bunch.

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 08:36:23 AM »
Welcome, friend! If you have any questions regarding protection for your purty new bike (from any manufacturer, really. I'm rather versed on the subject.), don't hesitate to ask!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 09:01:06 AM »
(from any manufacturer, really. I'm rather versed on the subject.)

Really? Your avatar and signature suggest otherwise. ;)   J/K Ryan, glad to see you are looking out for the new comers.  :)

There are many of us here that would highly recommend the Canyon Cages and side bag protection from MCEnterprises.  :thumbs:

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 09:20:16 AM »
Really? Your avatar and signature suggest otherwise. ;)   J/K Ryan, glad to see you are looking out for the new comers.  :)

There are many of us here that would highly recommend the Canyon Cages and side bag protection from MCEnterprises.  :thumbs:

Hahahaha Oh Gumby! I do work for MCE but that doesn't mean I can't have an objective view on protective equipment, regardless of manufacturer! Although, I may be a taaad biased.   :D
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline 1 wheel peel

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 11:20:46 AM »
........If you have any questions ....
Great, Thanks!  As a matter of fact I do have a question. :)  Part #1400-410 is shown for the 2010-up only.  Is that style of bar available for the 08-09's?  I'm not a big fan of the #1400-100 I'm sure they would do a great job in the event of a tip over but I just can't see them without thinking of Ronald McDonalds shoes. :-\  I know, I know I have a strange way of thinking. :-[

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 11:36:53 AM »
Great, Thanks!  As a matter of fact I do have a question. :)  Part #1400-410 is shown for the 2010-up only.  Is that style of bar available for the 08-09's?  I'm not a big fan of the #1400-100 I'm sure they would do a great job in the event of a tip over but I just can't see them without thinking of Ronald McDonalds shoes. :-\  I know, I know I have a strange way of thinking. :-[

We do indeed! The part number is #1400-400. It's a similar design although it does look different than the #1400-410 because the bike itself is slightly different. The Canyon Cage for the 2008-2009 Connie is actually slightly cheaper at $275 than the #410's are at $300 as well. Anyhow, here are some photos:

Offline 1 wheel peel

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 12:18:58 PM »
Wow! Much better, thanks.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2012, 01:05:52 PM »
Wow! Much better, thanks.

You're welcome! If you'd like to order or have any further questions regarding these parts, don't hesitate to call, email, or PM me!

Offline rush2112

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2012, 07:59:04 AM »
Congrats from Houston!

Great color by the way! Must be the color to have in east Texas!!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2013, 03:04:15 PM »
You got rid of the cleanest Blue Pretty FJRs I've ever seen! Does this mean we are doing a CCS install this summer?

Offline 1 wheel peel

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2013, 07:11:39 PM »
You got rid of the cleanest Blue Pretty FJRs I've ever seen! Does this mean we are doing a CCS install this summer?
Summer?!  I already have the system, better make that early spring.  :chugbeer:

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 08:43:31 PM »

This is how you welcome people around here? Sheesh!

Man, that bike is clean and just broke in.  Mine has 187 miles on it and I need to finish breakin so I can rip it.  I have been bad and it has seen 6k and I can tell it was just starting to get fun. 
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 10:37:41 AM »
This is how you welcome people around here? Sheesh!
Go back and look at the context of this picture. I was poking fun at Max.

Offline fmwhit

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 03:11:18 PM »
Good luck with the new bike and welcome to the group.

Fred