Author Topic: Hello From Arkansas  (Read 3850 times)

Offline fluffybunny

Hello From Arkansas
« on: September 16, 2016, 09:47:30 AM »
Hello everyone,
I have been lurking on this forum since before I bought my C14, lots of great info here.  Now that I have one I thought I should join up and join the discussions.

The c14 is my third bike, I had a 2007 Vstar 650, 2007 Vstrom 650.  Traded those in and got a 2014 C14 with 7000 miles.  I started riding spring 2015, so I have been through some bikes.  Was trying to find the right one for the type of riding that I enjoy doing and the C14 is it.

My favorite type of riding is picking a point on the map and going to it.  Usually via back roads and twisties.  Living in Arkansas I have learned that I am really lucky to be able to pretty much go in any direction and there are great roads.  I thought the Vstrom would be the bike but after a few long days participating in the BMR rally and tour of honor I decided something with a little bit more wind protection, and a bit more power would be nice.  Started looking and found too good of a deal to pass up on the c14.

I am sorting out a few of my farkles now, bike came with bar risers already, just got on the list for getting the windshields that are going around.  I have already installed my GPS and added a power outlet for my phone.  I just ordered a sargent seat today, we will see how that works out, I'm reading some differing reviews on those but I think I just need to try one then see how it goes.  I went with the lower seat as I have some trouble reaching the ground, I was used to that from the Vstrom but the c14 is a much heavier bike so being able to touch the ground easily will be a nice mod for me.

Glad to be a part of this community of c14 owners, and hope to contribute here in the future!

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
Re: Hello From Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 11:14:52 AM »
Welcome, and Conniegrats on the new bike!
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 10:59:19 PM »
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the read.

PS. I dig the colour of your Connie. Enjoy farkling it up. Wishing you many safe miles on her.
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 06:38:09 PM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 01:37:29 AM »
Welcome!!  :)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 09:48:06 AM »
Welcome!

My favorite type of riding is picking a point on the map and going to it.  Usually via back roads and twisties.  Living in Arkansas.....

Well, this coming weekend pick a point out near Mountain View AR. and come say "Hi" and visit with some of us. We'll be at Jack's Resort Friday and Saturday at the COG Arkansas Fall Regional Rally.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 10:36:54 AM »
Welcome fluffy!

But are you really fluffy?

Offline KawaC14

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 05:25:06 PM »
Welcome from Florida to a newbie from a newbie! There are a lot of folks with a ton of good information.
Being politically correct, isn't politically correct.