Author Topic: Forum and member sensitivity to topics  (Read 4539 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Forum and member sensitivity to topics
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2020, 01:59:43 PM »
I Harley think so...

What BruceR said....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2020, 06:41:32 PM »
I have never had FB so I keep away from that altogether. The forums on FB are always terrible.

VAJim, if you have the "Range" for weapons discussions why not have a politics or religion sub-topic too? Just curious since you discourage all three why have one but not the others? Consider opening them. I am lovely,  I'll moderate them for you.

It's there, hidden to most everyone. Screw up a post, it'll get moved there. Hint: Membership has its privileges.

All the admins have access to it (hint #2), and it isn't moderated in the classic sense. If the mods (the admins) tire/tyre/tar of a thread it doesn't get locked, it just goes poof. Same for any thread in there, they can go poof at any time, no warning to them asses.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2020, 03:22:55 AM »
It's there, hidden to most everyone. Screw up a post, it'll get moved there. Hint: Membership has its privileges.

All the admins have access to it (hint #2), and it isn't moderated in the classic sense. If the mods (the admins) tire/tyre/tar of a thread it doesn't get locked, it just goes poof. Same for any thread in there, they can go poof at any time, no warning to them asses.

Rick
Ahhh the Ripley option!  :thumbs:
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

As for the H2SXSE, it may be faster but it has a teeny weeny little gas tank.  :rotflmao: :popcorn:
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline sport rider

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2020, 06:25:09 AM »
As for the H2SXSE, it may be faster but it has a teeny weeny little gas tank.  :rotflmao: :popcorn:

Compensating.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2020, 07:10:46 AM »
I have a question for you all...

Is this forum, its mods and members sensitive like little girls? It seems that the other forum has a lot of sensitive members and mods, and so threads get warned and locked down frequently. It is annoying.

To answer that question directly which is something I strive to not do....I'm going to say no.    I don't think you see threads here get warned and locked down that much in my estimation as I'm usually the one that does that sort of thing.  Heaven forbid I would criticize myself.  My criteria to do so is when I see members not treating other members with respect.  And that's all there is to it actually.  If you come to the forum hoping that you'll get serious answers most of the time, then I don't think you'll do well here.  We make fun of each other and bikes all the time.  It's what we do.  You may actually get an answer to your questions at some point, though.  I will not tolerate nastiness from members against other members.  Those who do so may get a time out depending on my mood at the time.  Also remember, this is not a democracy as you see my sword and it has been used upon occasion.  I'm the nicest mod...keep that in mind.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2020, 02:42:21 PM »
And he smote them hip and thigh with a great slaughter.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2020, 02:54:47 PM »
I'm the nicest mod...keep that in mind.

And he smote them hip and thigh with a great slaughter.

...but he cauterizes as he slices so you don't get infected or bleed out, now that's just thoughtful. He is the nicest mod.  :-*
(and that my friends, is how to do a proper suck up.)

Indian motorcycles suck!  :thumbdown
(and that my friends, is how one goes and ruins the whole thing.)

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2020, 04:19:09 PM »
Harley?    :stirpot:
;D

That Connie drinks fuel at an incredible rate, if you keep it twisted. I have proof! ;)
My new bike gets about the same, according to the dash.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2020, 07:00:08 PM »
And he smote them hip and thigh with a great slaughter laughter.  FIFY

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2020, 07:01:13 PM »
...but he cauterizes as he slices so you don't get infected or bleed out, now that's just thoughtful. He is the nicest mod.  :-*
(and that my friends, is how to do a proper suck up.)

Indian motorcycles suck!  :thumbdown
(and that my friends, is how one goes and ruins the whole thing.)

Congratulations!  You've used your get out of jail card!

See Mr. Pink's post...

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2020, 07:05:19 PM »

See Mr. Pink's post...

:)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2020, 11:50:37 PM »

Ah, but the real question is- how many cards does he have?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2020, 08:08:29 PM »
I think he had one but as my memory is somewhat vague on that I could very well be ambiguous on my answer.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2020, 02:45:00 PM »
I left here a few years ago because of a few posters. I'm here today because of a few posters over at the other place. I think I'm leaving all together until after November 3rd. I have lived 1/3 of the last 35 years of my life at a firehouse, I am not sensitive, but, it is totally and utterly impossible to go anywhere anymore and NOT have politics rammed down your throat in some form or another, I don't need it, I don't want it, and, I can debate you all day on it if I wanted to, sorry, is it not the new normal, it was never normal and never will be. Want to stir the pot? Go to the arena, COOL. Want to talk about politics? go to the arena, COOL. Got no problems with that. Leave the religion/politics/hot topics/controversy out of posts and threads not in the arena. The other place doesn't have an arena feature. Might be a good idea for them. Maybe start a whole new COG forum featuring nothing but links to political stories and religious debate. Great! I'm real close now to just leaving, everything, forum, COG, rallies, tech sessions, etc... i'm not sensitive, I just don't want to go to a place thats about a great bike and all the people who ride it and be bombarded with politics. But, like in life, when that happens, I simply walk away and it's looking that way. I'm so glad and blessed we live in a country where that's still possible.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2020, 04:09:18 PM »
But people do not talk politics on tech pages. The tech threads on here and the other forum seem to be free of politics. Just don't go to the non-tech posts and you'll be fine. Don't give up on us just yet!

And there is nothing wrong with being sensitive. Chicks secretly dig sensitive guys.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2020, 08:00:34 PM »
LOL

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2020, 02:41:43 PM »
I remember when I first heard of the Vid. I wondered if that would become political.
It's funny, I wondered that right away. I don't even friggin' vote!
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2020, 03:42:33 PM »
I remember when I first heard of the Vid.

The Vid?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2020, 06:48:02 PM »
And there is nothing wrong with being sensitive. Chicks secretly dig sensitive guys.

No they don't, but keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel manly.  8) 8) 8) 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv7Ts4v5_Bs&t=67s

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS