Author Topic: FOR SALE:  (Read 5395 times)

Offline NoClue500

FOR SALE:
« on: June 26, 2011, 07:37:35 AM »
gone
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:40:07 AM by NoClue500 »

Offline NoClue500

Re: FOR SALE: Concours 1400 Performance Parts & Accessories
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 07:38:13 AM »
gone
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:39:38 AM by NoClue500 »

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 10:48:20 AM »
PM sent on exhaust and bags.

Offline S.Ga.Rider

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 11:42:18 AM »
Is the screen larger than stock?

Offline NoClue500

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 11:58:52 AM »
Yes. Around 3" taller. And it is wider and thicker.

Thanks!

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 12:13:19 PM »
I'll help you out, by taking the air filter.  PM sent...
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline Gearhead82

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 02:37:15 PM »
PM sent on Area P and air filter if either are still available. . .
'09 C14, Area P Full System, BMC, Flies out, PCV

Offline NoClue500

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 02:45:51 PM »
Guys,

First one that asks for my PayPal addy gets the parts. I just want to put that out there.

Thanks!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 06:33:16 PM »
Were are you shipping from NC5? How much $ for shipping the bag liners to 97223?

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 07:20:37 PM »
All parts have 400 miles or less. They are ALL in new condition and come complete with all original packaging and instructions.

- Area P Full SS Exhaust System with Carbon Fibre Muffler, optional Billet flat muffler tip and SS O2 Boss. $750 + actual ShippingSOLD

- BMC Performace Air filter. Will fit ZX14. $45.00 + actual shippingSOLD

- Givi Windscreen. $90.00 + actual shipping

- Kawasaki OEM Saddle Bag Liners. Used ONCE!. $95.00 + actual shipping

- Billet Knight 1" Lower Front Footpegs. $60.00 + actual shipping

Please PM if you would like to purchase. Thanks! :)

:o ???  WTH?   I pm you this morning on the bags and exhaust asking you to figure shipping to my addy, then I go to a parade and my kids ballgame and come back and the stuff is SOLD?  WTH?   I understand you wanting to sell the stuff but just seems shady to me.

Offline NoClue500

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 07:30:07 PM »
:o ???  WTH?   I pm you this morning on the bags and exhaust asking you to figure shipping to my addy, then I go to a parade and my kids ballgame and come back and the stuff is SOLD?  WTH?   I understand you wanting to sell the stuff but just seems shady to me.

I'm Sorry,

I had no idea of your schedule. There is no way for me to know who will commit. I just received to requests for my addy and both backed out. This is what I deal with every time I post things for sale on various cycle forums. Again, I apologize.

At present, I still have no commitment on the bags.

Thanks for your understanding. :)

Offline C1xRider

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 09:37:25 AM »
I'm Sorry,

I had no idea of your schedule. There is no way for me to know who will commit. I just received to requests for my addy and both backed out. This is what I deal with every time I post things for sale on various cycle forums. Again, I apologize.

At present, I still have no commitment on the bags.

Thanks for your understanding. :)

And we have no idea of your schedule.  When someone says they will buy an item, it's simple courtesy to give them a reasonable time to exchange information.

You asked for my zip code for shipping the air filter at 11:27am yesterday, and I responded by 4:47pm.  Then I saw your posting :

Guys,

First one that asks for my PayPal addy gets the parts. I just want to put that out there.

Thanks!

So, I officially asked for you "PayPal addy" at 5:03pm, yet I still have not received a response.  Does this mean you sold the filter to someone else?   ???

--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline NoClue500

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 10:13:40 AM »
Sorry,

The filter sold in the morning.

Again, I just want to be fair. Just because someone asks for a shipping quote doesn't mean you have commited to buy.

I have given multiple quotes to people. These quotes I get from the Fedex website. Then, people back out because they dont want to pay what I have to pay for shipping. Im not a huge freakin dealer that gets massive discounts on shipping. Everything I ship, I pay for insurance to protect both parties. I ship the same day and provide tracking. No waiting.

I take a pretty significant loss on almost new parts, pass on bigs savings to forum members, provide same day turn around and people still complain about shipping cost.

I am usually online all the time thanks to modern technology. If you send me a PM and clearly state U want the part, its yours.

Again, I really apologize for any confusion.

Offline C1xRider

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 10:58:46 AM »
Sorry,

The filter sold in the morning.

Again, I just want to be fair. Just because someone asks for a shipping quote doesn't mean you have commited to buy.

I have given multiple quotes to people. These quotes I get from the Fedex website. Then, people back out because they dont want to pay what I have to pay for shipping. Im not a huge freakin dealer that gets massive discounts on shipping. Everything I ship, I pay for insurance to protect both parties. I ship the same day and provide tracking. No waiting.

I take a pretty significant loss on almost new parts, pass on bigs savings to forum members, provide same day turn around and people still complain about shipping cost.

I am usually online all the time thanks to modern technology. If you send me a PM and clearly state U want the part, its yours.

Again, I really apologize for any confusion.

WTF!  I didn't ask you for a shipping quote.  Where in our communication did I ask for a shipping quote?  You asked me for my zip code.  I suppose if you quoted me some ridiculous shipping rate that was double actual or realistic, then I would balk, but still...

I specifically stated "I'll help you out, by taking the air filter.  PM sent...".  How do you consider that anything other than a commitment to buy?

There is nothing fair about the way you are handling this.  You are seriously expecting real time interactions on a web forum?  The "fair" way to conduct business here is "First come, first serve", and if that person backs out for what ever reason, go to the next person that responded.

To anyone else thinking about buying something from this person, beware, as the OP's username indicates, "NoClue".

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 11:08:37 AM »
Ya know, I don't want to get personal but (you knew there was going to be a "but") the reason I asked for shipping costs is you had 5 posts at the time of your listing these parts.   I was just making sure there wasn't some crazy shipping costs on the exhaust as I know it is a heavy item and wanted to know what I was getting into when factoring in total cost.    I just think common courtesy would be to give someone a day to respond back to your communication as I think it is unrealistic to think that someone is going to stay by the computer all day just waiting to hear back from you.
C1xRider even asked for your paypal addy and it sounds like even he didn't get what he wanted.   I am sorry if you have burned in the past on selling parts but it wasn't on this forum and it seems like we have now been burned by you.   Ironic.
Good luck with your sale but after all this, I am just not willing to move forward with the bags (and the exhaust as that is apparently sold).   

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 11:11:06 AM »
just curious who ended up with the exhaust and the air filter?

Offline Gearhead82

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 12:25:03 PM »
just curious who ended up with the exhaust and the air filter?

I did.  FWIW, the seller had my money in his paypal account within a few minutes of my first PM.  Having bought and sold quite a bit of stuff online (through craigslist, ebay, forums etc) I can understand why the seller would handle things the way he did.  I've literally spent an afternoon waiting around for someone on CL who said they were on their way, with cash, to buy my motorcycle and then had them just never show up.  I've had people on Ebay win an auction and then back out afterwards stating that their 10 y/o son had logged in under the parents account and bid on my item.  Most of us have nearly 24/7 access to email/internet these days and a used Area P system at a fair price is rare (this is the first used one I've seen for sale anywhere in the few months I've been looking for one) and I was ready to buy without any hesitation and it never took me more than probably 5 minutes to respond to any of the seller's PM's to figure out shipping and payment details and instant, concise communication when dealing with an online transaction is worth something.  We live in a world now where, IMO, 24 hours is a long time to be expected to wait for a response to an email, especially when it's a hot item that a lot of people are going to have their eye on. 

I'm not saying that I would have handled things the same way as the seller, but everyone is going to have different expectations for communication in situations like this.  There isn't an exact science to buying and selling used goods on a fairly casual classifieds section on a motorcycle forum.  It's always going to be one imperfect human dealing with another imperfect human, each with different needs and expectations.  You've got a right to be frustrated though.   

'09 C14, Area P Full System, BMC, Flies out, PCV

Offline NoClue500

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 12:42:54 PM »
Look Guys, I didnt mean for this to turn into a pissing contest. I can certainly list the many times Ive been burned on forum sales. I wont even include eBay. After the last time I got burned, I now will sell any part to the first person who asks for my PayPal addy.

The last 2 times I was burned, you ask? Was the previous version of this forum or forum.concours.org.

I stand behind what I sell. I will always guarantee your satisfaction.

Thanks

Offline NoClue500

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 04:27:30 PM »
Saddle bag liners are sold.

Thank you! :)

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 06:20:37 PM »
I'll admit it, I asked for a shipping quote on the bags and when the OP came back with a $17 quote, I kindly responded that I would no longer be interested at that price. I dont consider that a "last minute back out" .... I asked for a quote before making a commitment, I think that is only reasonable. But for an item that I am guessing cant weigh more than 1 lb, I felt $17 was too much. I didn't complain, just replied that it was too high a price for me, but thank you anyway. Nuff Said
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black