Author Topic: This is Why I Won't Be Going To CO Next Month  (Read 12261 times)

Offline Mr. Green Genes

This is Why I Won't Be Going To CO Next Month
« on: July 20, 2015, 05:57:39 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrr2D3r9ldw

I don't have a big voice, and I only had ~$1000 in the CO trip budget, but the climate has to be just right for me to be able to enjoy burning money on a vacation.  If I did not take a stand against this, I would regret it for a long time.

Offline George R. Young

• Concours 2001 Farkles
Re: This is Why I Won't Be Going To CO Next Month
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 06:06:41 PM »
Are there civilized areas to visit that have significantly less police brutality?
65 CB160 (67-69), 69 350GTR (69-72), 72 R5, 73 RD350 (73-84), 82 XZ550 Vision (84-03), 01 Concours C10 (03-19), 89 EX250 (11-14), 00 SV650S (14-16), 03 SV650S (19-)

Offline Mr. Green Genes

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 06:29:00 PM »
I do what I can, where I can, when I can, and I can stay the hell out of CO.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 06:53:04 PM »
Let's see how long this one lasts before it is arena time....  :o

But seeing as you posted it, and I happened to watch it, perhaps some of the LEO's behavior is due to the woman clearly resisting, clearly defying the LEO and last but not least, assaulting him (she kicked him). Too bad our society no longer has any price or responsibility for bad behavior....

Brian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrr2D3r9ldw

I don't have a big voice, and I only had ~$1000 in the CO trip budget, but the climate has to be just right for me to be able to enjoy burning money on a vacation.  If I did not take a stand against this, I would regret it for a long time.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 07:17:45 PM »
Leo's bad behavior was inexcusable. I wonder if he still beats he wife.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 08:35:03 PM »
Woman seeks damages after police confrontation.... ?  It looked to me like she got damages, and actually during the confrontation! You cannot ask for faster results than that....

'What is the first question asked during a Texas murder trial? Did the victim need killing?'

Brian

More info...this happened in 2013 BTW.

http://gazette.com/watch-surveillance-video-shows-altercation-between-colorado-springs-police-18-year-old-female/article/1555716

woman-seeks-damages-after-police-confrontation[/color]-on-video/]http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/07/16/springs-woman-seeks-damages-after-police-confrontation-on-video/
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 08:53:38 PM »
Cops don't like bikers, but bikers don't like cops either. I guess that makes us even. However, having been arrested several times, I've learned to be polite and compliant as long as the cops are. Additionally, you rarely win a fight with a cop. That's because there's usually more than one of them.  ::)

I have no idea what precluded the incident seen in the video. I'm willing to bet that the young "lady" was not on her best behavior. She probably wouldn't have been cuffed if she were. I deplore police brutality as much as I deplore the behavior of much of today's society. I can't EVEN begin to tell you how many times I've wanted to smack the snot of of a mouthy teen. Male and female. They seem to think they can say or do virtually anything without reprise. My desire to not ride in the back of Officer Friendly's squad car was the only thing stopping me.

God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Mr. Green Genes

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 09:05:16 PM »
When this thread goes to the Arena, I'll no longer see it.  I wasn't invited back.
Yes, I know it happened in 2013.  They managed to bury the truth until the film became part of the civil suit (suite?).
Seems the cop is the son of a former deputy chief. 
This has nothing to do with hating or not hating cops.  That's so borderline attempted murder, rage not defense, that cop needs to be put away.  By all accounts I read, he's remained on the job.

Now flame me with, "the little bitch deserved it".   

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 09:31:28 PM »
Well, in my country (the US of A), you have a guarantee of freedom of speech and an implied freedom of thought. So your views on any situation are as relevant as.... well, anyone else IMO. But it does seem to me that you started this thread just to be inflammatory and you clearly have some definite opinions about what happened and some definite opinions about what you think should happen. Again, fine and well.

At any rate, the part of the video I saw was not an independent action of that LEO, it was very much an interaction between the woman and the LEO. We can certainly discuss who caused what but in my personal opinion, the escalation was the result of her actions; it appears to me that she could have stopped the confrontational behavior at any time (until she kicked him) merely by, well..... stopping. Of course she did stop anyway, people in that situation virtually always are stopped, but she could have stopped before bleeding and requiring dental work. All in my humble opinion of course.

As far as the arena goes, I do not have access and so will not see this thread if / when it is moved there. Normally I would not even respond to such a thread but lately I grow weary of people behaving badly leading to very predictable results, and then take the attitude that the results are entirely independent of their own actions that led to those specific results. At some point in a confrontation with a (or more) LEO's, it should become obvious that the LEO must maintain order with any and all means at his / her disposal. To do otherwise is called anarchy in English and it is a poor state of things IMO.

Brian

When this thread goes to the Arena, I'll no longer see it.  I wasn't invited back.
Yes, I know it happened in 2013.  They managed to bury the truth until the film became part of the civil suit (suite?).
Seems the cop is the son of a former deputy chief. 
This has nothing to do with hating or not hating cops.  That's so borderline attempted murder, rage not defense, that cop needs to be put away.  By all accounts I read, he's remained on the job.

Now flame me with, "the little bitch deserved it".   

Offline Mr. Green Genes

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 09:42:07 PM »
I did not start the thread to be inflammatory.  I started the thread to start a boycott of Colorado. 

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 11:15:46 PM »
OK, great. Good luck with that. I absolutely do agree with you that the best way to give or withhold your approval is with your capital rather than your vote.

Brian

I did not start the thread to be inflammatory.  I started the thread to start a boycott of Colorado.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 04:16:44 AM »
I see no reason this belongs in the Arena as yet.  I also see no reason to boycott CO based on this one video or even CO Springs.  This is not endemic of all LEOs unless you are aware that all LEO's in CO act like this.  If they do, then I don't blame you for not wanting to visit that state.  What we have is an officer that clearly has anger management issues and should not still be on the force in CO Springs.

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 05:15:33 AM »
I think boycotts are a waste of time. If I don't like something I just don't do business with them.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 05:49:38 AM »
I think boycotts are a waste of time. If I don't like something I just don't do business with them.
Uh...right. :doh:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 06:13:24 AM »
If your going to boycott every state that does something you don't agree with, you are going to be riding your motorcycle around the block.  That is if you haven't yet found something in your own state that you don't agree with.  Don't look too hard, or you might have to move to a desert island. 

If the officer is found to have used unreasonable force, then justice will be served. 
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 06:19:23 AM »
Maybe we should start a list of all the less than stellar incidents that happen in each state.  Like all the search and seizures that go on.  Many stories of guys getting their cash confiscated when travelling to buy a vehicle. 

My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 06:20:27 AM »
Cops don't like bikers, but bikers don't like cops either. I guess that makes us even. However, having been arrested several times, I've learned to be polite and compliant as long as the cops are. Additionally, you rarely win a fight with a cop. That's because there's usually more than one of them.  ::)

I'm glad I'm not a biker.  I know many cops who ride.  Do they not like themselves?
My Concours Travels:

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 06:34:26 AM »
I would expect the same response if I kicked at a cop. What makes her immune?
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 07:05:59 AM »
I would expect the same response if I kicked at a cop. What makes her immune?

I've seen fools get a lot more attitude adjustment for much less.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....