Author Topic: Corbin trunk for the 1400  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Dave Hopkins

Corbin trunk for the 1400
« on: September 05, 2019, 04:33:30 PM »
I purchased a Corbin trunk direct from Corbin. I am curious if anybody in here has shared the same nightmare.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Corbin trunk for the 1400
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 06:05:32 PM »
If you're speaking of the starship enterprise sized trunk I can think of only one former member who had one some years back. I don't recall him having excessive problems with the product or Corbin. There have been occurrences of folks being less than impressed with Corbins customer service concerning seat modifications. Care to explain your difficulties?

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 11:34:55 AM »
I purchased a Corbin trunk direct from Corbin. I am curious if anybody in here has shared the same nightmare.

I personally have not, however I've heard of problems both with mounting and hole cracks and water puddling when leaned over on the side stand. I've also read that Phil once made and perhaps still does make some sliding rails that allow you to raise the back of the trunk so that (1) the lines in the side are parallel with the lines in the saddle bags (2) that bring the top of the backrest forward and more upright so that it is actually usable by the passenger. I have never heard anything good about Corbin customer service...sort of a take it or leave it attitude on their part once they have your money.
More info on the other forum.--->http://forum.cog-online.org/accessories-c14/corbin-trunk-and-phils-modification/msg159689/#msg159689 

(this second link won't work if you aren't registered and logged in over there)    http://forum.cog-online.org/search2/?params=eJwt0MFqwzAMgOFXGb3s8h9ix5LspwlpYmi3LBluujHIw08tBSOsTxZIHuefcZ3qfLwf4Tgd5_a8CbHDjEAvJI_EQooIRp_JSMTBa0oyUiYVpCMEgiIejRiJgeQYCT3iJyFezWiHRlRQQ71REEMKGtCEKpoxf9NjCRNywBRzLORI7smJ7K5kn6ZQOkqg-FA9JVGUYr7N7bL9DtP29b3UvfpeD7qfP-q0D9u6_L1ka_swX5tnc71NL_Gs1aU-P-dBdWzTxfE0be18Xd_2dl8_T_9JZFYY;start=0

Offline Dave Hopkins

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 10:06:33 PM »
My original issues were noticeable on first delivery. The tail light lense was cracked, which they did mail me a new one, the weather stripping was out of place and there were minor paint blemishes. I was able to live with it but after a couple months of riding I noticed the lid fit was so poor that it was rubbing thru the fiberglass. I contacted Corbin and they agrred that this was a warranty repair. Didnt seem like an issue until I found out I would be responsible for $150 return shipping. Is what it is, I paid and after a couple months my trunk was returned. All seemed good but after a couple weeks of use the paint started cracking, actually bubbled and seperated from the back side of the lid. After another week or 2 the damage became very noticeable. Again, after several attempts and a facebook post I managed to reach Corbins lousy customer service. Again, they approved my trunk for warranty repair, and yet again they want me to pay return shipping,$150. I paid almost $1200 for this trunk plust the intial shipping of $160. If I pay, and I will not, I will have paid an additional $300 just to have this trunk correct. I am beyond frustrated at this point. I would love to hear from anybody else that has had the same experience with poor quality and absolutely lousy customer service at Corbin.

Offline Dave Hopkins

Corbin Sucks
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 06:32:35 PM »
My advice to anybody would be to avoid Corbin saddles at all cost. They are overpriced, the customer service is horrible, quality is questionable and they do not stand behind their brand. I have pics, invoices and emails if anybody wants to know why to avoid this company

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Corbin Sucks
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 05:08:22 PM »
My advice to anybody would be to avoid Corbin saddles at all cost. They are overpriced, the customer service is horrible, quality is questionable and they do not stand behind their brand. I have pics, invoices and emails if anybody wants to know why to avoid this company

well, you surley have had to go thru some painfully dramatic "hoops", so far for satisfaction, sorry to hear this.
Having owned a C14 since '07, and installing a silly affordable SHAD 42 L trunk on it, which has survived well, and suited me since I originally bought it for my C10, back in '04-'05? all I can say is.... I would never have paid for that trunk in the firstplace.  It is fugly as all get out, and huge to the point of "obnoxious" looking.. but.. you bought it.

as for Corbin seats, I have a number of them, and have had zero complaint with any of them... dating back to '03

seats, are different from painted trunks... so dissing one item, when you have not used the "Main" item a company manufactures, is kinda like.. welll ... silly.
Again, sorry to see the pain you have had, but I always liked their seats.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :thumbs:

(I always thought anyone that would pay soooo much money, for a fugly trunk, needed to re-evaluate they they would do that in the first place.   ) :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :loco:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Dave Hopkins

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 08:06:49 PM »
Seat or trunk, their customer service is horrible. I dont care if you are selling tshirts and underwear, if you cant stand behind your business then you shouldnt be in business. When you are selling something, anything, that has had issues from day 1, you address the issues, correct the issues or you pull the damn thing from production. I see posts on here with people having the same problem from as far back as 2012, and if you Google Corbin you will see that their seats are not any better. Im glad you had a pleasant experience because if you needed any support you would be in the same boat as myself and about %40 of their other customers. Once they have your money you are nothing to them. If something on their end is wrong, quality or damage, from manufacture, it is your fault and your responsibility to get it back to them. Dont expect Corbin to ever apologize for the inconvenience or admit fault. This American Company sucks.

Offline Dave Hopkins

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 09:40:52 PM »
As far as the criticism of a personal preference 🖕