Author Topic: I met Valerio, at last!!!!  (Read 8182 times)

Offline ugocon

I met Valerio, at last!!!!
« on: June 09, 2012, 03:21:44 PM »
After 350 Km (217 miles...) straight from Rome to nearby Pisa, we met!  :D
The video starts with me flashing to him when I realized he was coming to meet me just after I called him on the cell phone to communicate my last position!
Then we met for the first time...
Ugo_Valerio

Valerio is a great person with a wonderful family, and watching with your eyes what he did to his bike in these years is simply amazing!  :o
And he did it all by himself!

I went back to Rome at late afternoon and... guess?

I dropped the bike at a highway toll station!  >:(

A man queing up to pay the toll helped me to raise the bike up again and then, trembling,  I looked at the right saddlebag to see the damages, and....

... I saw NOTHING!!!  :D

It's my second time, one different side each, and NO DAMAGES!!!!

I must be very lucky: I fear it won't be so painless my third time!  :(

Anyway, the bike is simply born for long runs: I touched even 200 kmh and no pressure from the air, the cmfort is at the highest level.
I'm not tired at all after this long trip!

Great bike, but... definitely f..... HEAVY!!!
 >:(
 :D :D

Ciao
Ugo
Stand out from the crowd: do not buy a BMW !!!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: I met Valerio, at last!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 03:54:54 PM »
Great vid Ugo, thanks for sharing.

MGvalerio

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 01:23:26 AM »
Ugocon era un amico  online  :)  oggi siamo 2  ;D amici dopo il nostro incontro,questo posso affermarlo nonostante le diversità di cultura,lui un laureato ,io no ,ma abbiamo molte cose in comune,la prima la moto....C14.........la 2° il gentil sesso ecc ecc................ ;)
Ugocon

Ugocon

MGvalerio. 8)

Offline W14

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 04:48:48 AM »
Enjoyed the video and pictures, thanks

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 07:22:27 AM »
Nice!

:thumbs:

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 11:41:48 AM »
Nice!

:thumbs:

+1!  Liked the camera mount too.
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 12:12:57 AM »
Very nice, can I get more pictures on the GoPro mount?  I really like it and would like to see more so I can duplicate it. :)

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 07:50:59 AM »
Agreed, very nice!  Please take a picture of your GOPRO mount and provide any part numbers, links, or what you fabricated.  It seems to be mounted to the handle bar end?  Some type of swivel mount?
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 08:19:05 AM »
Like the video... Jay has to get one of those!

Sun is out in the PNW. Time to ride :)

MGvalerio

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 08:49:35 AM »
Agreed, very nice!  Please take a picture of your GOPRO mount and provide any part numbers, links, or what you fabricated.  It seems to be mounted to the handle bar end?  Some type of swivel mount?

http://youtu.be/kA4Gd_M-gjc

MGvalerio. 8)

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 08:58:21 AM »
Another great video.  Is this a product that can be bought from the web or did you fabricate this yourself?  It looks like something you made (very well) are the pieces and shafts from a hardware store or similar?  Are they stainless?
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

MGvalerio

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 09:05:43 AM »
Another great video.  Is this a product that can be bought from the web or did you fabricate this yourself?  It looks like something you made (very well) are the pieces and shafts from a hardware store or similar?  Are they stainless?

fabricate this yourself

MGvalerio. 8)

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 09:40:06 AM »
I agree this is yet another great video and fabrication from the mind of the one and only genius Valerio.  If you ever saw the TV show McGiver that is exactly who Valerio reminds me of because he has a great imagination and the skills to fabricate just about anything and it is always high quality and very functional.  I always look forward to his post and especially his video's.

Thanks Valerio, I wish I had half of the skill you have!

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 10:29:14 AM »
How is the shaft that the camera with springs made?  Is it a SS shaft just turned down and threaded or is it a spacer with threaded rod epoxied into it?  It looks solid on the end where the handle bar mounting bolt goes thru thats why I figure it was made from bar stock.  I'm assuming that the bent threaded section is so the camera is perpendicular to the ground not the handle bars?

I love making McGiver stuff too by cannibalizing something else - now where's my pocket knife and a paper clip?  It's the best way to recycle something.

MGvalerio

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 10:51:33 AM »
I'll take a picture of the kit exploded.

MGvalerio. 8)

MGvalerio

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 11:08:43 AM »
I agree this is yet another great video and fabrication from the mind of the one and only genius Valerio.  If you ever saw the TV show McGiver that is exactly who Valerio reminds me of because he has a great imagination and the skills to fabricate just about anything and it is always high quality and very functional.  I always look forward to his post and especially his video's.

Thanks Valerio, I wish I had half of the skill you have!

Troppo buono amico c14,la mia è una grande passione,se poi riesco a fare cose buone, ne sono felice pure io.

MGvalerio. 8) 

MGvalerio

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 12:17:45 PM »

MGvalerio. 8)

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 01:55:52 PM »
Perfect!  Don't know if it translates to Italian but that is "the bomb"!!

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »

Troppo buono amico c14,la mia è una grande passione,se poi riesco a fare cose buone, ne sono felice pure io.

MGvalerio. 8)

La tua passione in mostra la qualità delle cose che fai ... Se si vuole fare un altro come questo avrei acquistare da voi. Per favore fatemi sapere se siete interessati e quanto costerebbe?

Grazie,

Kirk

MGvalerio

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 04:44:34 PM »
La tua passione in mostra la qualità delle cose che fai ... Se si vuole fare un altro come questo avrei acquistare da voi. Per favore fatemi sapere se siete interessati e quanto costerebbe?

Grazie,

Kirk

Il kit 40 Euro + spese di spedizione, euro 46 totale euro 86. Costa di più la spedizione  :-\

MGvalerio. 8)