Author Topic: How to slow down a HONDA  (Read 12309 times)

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
Re: How to slow down a HONDA
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2011, 12:43:02 PM »
#1  "lighten up Francis."
#2  I love Hondas too, this 86 still taking names.

I had an '86 with a Yosh 4-1.  What a great howl that bike had when you cranked her up.
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2011, 12:45:57 PM »
Nice!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2011, 12:57:53 PM »
They already have a HiPass, sorta... called HISS... had it for years... just don't have the FOB, still use a key.

Do US bikes have the HISS?  Looks like they don't--a good thing IMHO.
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2011, 01:13:50 PM »
Looks like HISS is strictly an overseas option... I know the Wing has a FOB that'll lock/unlock the trunk, set off the horn, and such, like a car FOB.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2011, 01:59:11 PM »
Looks like HISS is strictly an overseas option... I know the Wing has a FOB that'll lock/unlock the trunk, set off the horn, and such, like a car FOB.

Well yay for American Honda then!!!   ;D
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline Uglydog56

• I'd rather be lucky than good.
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2011, 11:10:03 PM »
I am a Honda man to the core - I just think the ST bike is too ugly to live, and I didn't want to oil the chain on the VFR.  I am very happy with my Connie.  But, I am currently putting together an 84 Nighthawk 700s as a dual sport to do the Prudoe Bay-to-Key West run.
Rick A. Cone
COG #9186
98 Connie, 76 CB400F

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2011, 03:35:06 AM »
Easiest way to slow down a Honda is a 3' thick concrete wall.  :banghead:

Personally, I've never met a Honda I did like.
Bought a CB750F2 back in the early 80's and Px-ed it on a Z1300 after just 2 months.
Honda excel at making BLAND bikes.
They may be fast but and extremely capable, but....... ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Each to their own I guess, but I would choose almost any other brand before I bought a Honda.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2011, 08:17:16 AM »
I am a Honda man to the core - I just think the ST bike is too ugly to live, and I didn't want to oil the chain on the VFR.  I am very happy with my Connie.  But, I am currently putting together an 84 Nighthawk 700s as a dual sport to do the Prudoe Bay-to-Key West run.

I couldn't fathom the ST either but loves me some HONDA, good luck on the Nighthawk, hope you post sopme pics in the "Its not a Connie" section. The Honda in my avatar went around tracks all over living at red line and never gave a hint of a problem  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2011, 08:21:19 AM »

Honda excel at making BLAND bikes.
They may be fast but and extremely capable, but....... ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I felt that way not too long after buying my VTX. But the Valkyrie is one of the most beautiful cruisers ever made IMHO. I sold my Valk to my son and to this day when we pull into a parking lot he has people come over to admire his Valkyrie. They don't even glance at my C14.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2011, 08:52:03 AM »
I owned a 05 ST1300... it was a really nice ride, and considering what was available at the time for the money (and what I got it for), a great bike.  It ate up the miles... just put gas in it... change the oil... slap tires on it... it never complained.

Now, for the money, it isn't a great buy considering what is available.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2011, 10:47:29 AM »
I liked my dad's ST13.  I fell asleep a number of times on the back it was so comfy.   ;D

When we went to the COG rally in 2007 on it, we would go down the mountains and he'd pull the clutch in and set the MPG computer to change every 10 seconds.  We were getting better gas mileage than a Prius!  And then significantly less.
Past: XR650R, 250 Ninjette.
Present: None...
Next: C-14, '08-09 Speed Triple, and/or Sprint GT.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2011, 04:34:40 PM »
It was actually because of the Honda ST1300 that I now ride a C14. I had only ridden cruisers and in the summer of 09 I flew to NH for a wedding and a week of riding with family. I went to Eagle Riders and a place in Nashua had a ST1300 for rent. That was my first time on an ST type bike and I couldn't believe the difference in performance over any cruiser I had ever ridden. So I started looking at ST type bikes and the ST1300 was an old design, The BMW K1300GT was too expensive and I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be on a test ride, so it was FJR or C14. I test rode the C14 and instantly fell in love with it.

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2011, 05:07:58 PM »
From what I understand, it's also pretty friggen fast.   :o
Past: XR650R, 250 Ninjette.
Present: None...
Next: C-14, '08-09 Speed Triple, and/or Sprint GT.