Author Topic: THE UTTER FAILURE OF THE POLICE  (Read 12100 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: THE UTTER FAILURE OF THE POLICE
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2012, 10:59:26 AM »
Classic, I just could not refuse.    :stirpot:
Best Police Taser X26 Video Ever
And truth be known, I would rather be tased then sprayed with OC ;D  Unlawfull assembly should NOT be tolerated.  OWS folks should stop playing loose and fast with the law, a mob mentallity will be dealt with force, sudden force must be expected for the safety of the few officers working to disperse the ILLEGAL gathering.  Breaking the law and expecting mercy?  Typical I guess.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2012, 11:06:28 AM »
As they say, "don't do the crime if you can't do the time".
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2012, 11:28:50 AM »
I am so thankful that not everyone agrees and views things the same, eventhough some of us are right. ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

valkmc

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2012, 11:34:38 AM »
A few things I might add since this is all about opinions anyway.

1.  Most of us only interact with law enforcement in traffic cop situations.  The VAST majority of instances seems a whole lot more like revenue generation than keeping peace and safety.  When cops hide out and target places they can write the most tickets rather than where they are really going to make a difference in safety, people get annoyed to say the least.

2.  I believe the job attracts personality types that unfortunately don't make good cops anyway.  Who really wants to sit in a cruiser and write tickets all day?  How is that fulfilling?  The only type I can imagine attracted to that line of work are those who get off on pushing people around, big shot kind of guys.  In truth, I honestly believe that is the type that more often that not fills the role.   

3.  When seconds count, the cops are minutes away.  I know it's a cliche' but it's absolutely true.  I have zero faith that when I really need a cop, one will actually be there.  I fully expect that when one does show up, I'll be looked on with eyes that believe I'm guilty unless I can prove otherwise.

Just my opinion, worth what you paid for it.

1) Where I live the norm for LEO's hiding out writing tickets has to do with citizens living and working in the area complaining about violators (speeding, passing, etc.) The sheriff in our county gets lots of phone mails and e-mails about violators once he has had enough he sends the boys out to write tickets.

2) You are correct except as someone who has trained many LEO's I know we weed out alot of those type. Cops are like everyone else there are rude ones and their are good ones.

3) Take a look at the budgets of local law enforcement and you will see why there may not be a cop when you need one. I live in Marion County Florida, the county land wise is larger than the State of RI., at night there is 2-4 deputies on the road. It is no wonder it takes so long for a response.

Deputies here start around $30,000 per year. They get shot and killed sometimes. A person I trained with went to do a wellness check as requested by a 70 year old man's family. He had not been seen or heard from for days. The officer got out of his car wearing his vest, took two steps and was shot in the neck face area and died by the old man. His family called from another state. As the officer laid there you could hear himm gurgling on his radio. The old man was still firing at officers and fireman trying to get to the officer so he was shot. His family sued the department.   Really crappy job for what they are paid.

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2012, 11:44:04 AM »
A few things I might add since this is all about opinions anyway.

2.  I believe the job attracts personality types that unfortunately don't make good cops anyway.  Who really wants to sit in a cruiser and write tickets all day?  How is that fulfilling?  The only type I can imagine attracted to that line of work are those who get off on pushing people around, big shot kind of guys.  In truth, I honestly believe that is the type that more often that not fills the role.   

Just my opinion, worth what you paid for it.

Good insight kinda-but a couple of add-ons . I think there are many who believe,since childhood possibly that the career is honorable and they have sought it out to help society. Then there are those that view it as a governmental job that can be landed with only a high school education....smart folks here that may or may not enjoy the power-but know a good gig when they see one.
   Where you really hit the mark is to consider the lawsuit(Boston I think) whereas the claimant was not hired into a law enforcement job ONLY because he was too smart. The HR folks contested that he would be bored and thus,I suppose ineffective as an officer.
      Yup too smart to be a cop...we want kinda dumb officers??
        Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2012, 12:49:51 PM »
I am so thankful that not everyone agrees and views things the same, eventhough some of us are right. ;)

And then some are wrong, but rightly so.  ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Kiwi Graham

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2012, 01:00:13 PM »
In New Zealand there are two types of police officer, real ones and revenue ones.

In the area of the city I live there are 6 cars.
4 of these are deployed every shift to gather revenue leaving just two for crime. I belive the other 4 can be called away from hiding behind bridges and lurking at the bottom of long hills should the need arise, but it gives you a good idea of where our forces priorities lie.

Traffic police have little to no respect from the travelling public in NZ.

Here the police have a quota system to fulfil each week. A friend of mines brother in law was the local officer for his district when they came in. He found his acceptance from the locals almost vanish and his ability to solve basic local crime disappere because the locals lost faith in him and wouldn't talk to him. He stopped ticketing the locals and in his words "shamingly went after the holiday makers"

I have the utmost respect for the officers out there keeping our streets safe from crime but I wouldnt giive the time of day to the revenue police.

I absoulutly have the feeling when seeing one in my mirrors (be it on the bike or in a car) of what is he going to try and nick me for!

There is several documented instances of the revenue police pulling killer manouvers in there cars to put another tick in their quota box, 'U' turns being a speciality.
I was subjucted to a near miss from a 'U' turning police car two years ago, he failed to make the turn in time and ended up broad side across the road in the face of oncoming traffic and me who had to take avoiding action. I raised my hand in a gesture of disbelief and shook my head, his response was to pull me over and waste my time "checking the machine". Fed up with this sort bullsh*t I reported him and he was dissiplined, but this is an example of how the (revenue) police conduct themselves over here.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2012, 03:05:56 PM »
That's pretty sad...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2012, 03:48:52 PM »
Deputies here start around $30,000 per year. They get shot and killed sometimes.   Really crappy job for what they are paid.
WHAT DO I MAKE??
  • I make it possible to keep back the chaos every day in Prison.
  • I make 5 minutes seem like a lifetime when I am fighting an inmate while waiting for back up.
  • I make going to work for a Correction Officer's safety a duty that I will die for.
  • I make myself work holidays, nights, during hurricanes, riots, terrorist attacks and other disasters a standard day..... while you complain about your 9-5 in your air conditioned office.
  • I make the fact that I may not get to eat, or get a break or cannot use the restroom when I need to, part of my job.
  • I make running towards the an altercation or a possible riot, so that those I am sworn to protect are safe, an automatic reaction.
  • I make getting thrown on, stabbed, spit on, punched and kicked at work, an expected part of my day.
  • I make working for people, who most often dislike me, swear at me, and complain about everything I do or the way I do it.
  • I make working 8 hour shifts or even 16 hours, my day at the office, so you and your family can sleep safely, a way of life.
  • Today I might make the ultimate sacrifice to save a life.
  • I make a difference, WHAT DO YOU MAKE?
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2012, 06:04:53 AM »
I agree and disagree at the same time.  As far as traffic goes, whats nto to agree with. Many of the traffic officers I dealt with were awful.  BUT, it was members of the same Police dept who responded to my brothers death in my childhood home.  These men and women were amazing, caring, thoughtful and professional. I dont believe I could have got through the first few hours without them there as I would have chosen to join him. Since them a speed trap, or twelve, just does not feel as important.

Offline mjrfd99

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2012, 06:24:11 AM »
WHAT DO I MAKE??
  • I make it possible to keep back the chaos every day in Prison.
  • I make 5 minutes seem like a lifetime when I am fighting an inmate while waiting for back up.
  • I make going to work for a Correction Officer's safety a duty that I will die for.
  • I make myself work holidays, nights, during hurricanes, riots, terrorist attacks and other disasters a standard day..... while you complain about your 9-5 in your air conditioned office.
  • I make the fact that I may not get to eat, or get a break or cannot use the restroom when I need to, part of my job.
  • I make running towards the an altercation or a possible riot, so that those I am sworn to protect are safe, an automatic reaction.
  • I make getting thrown on, stabbed, spit on, punched and kicked at work, an expected part of my day.
  • I make working for people, who most often dislike me, swear at me, and complain about everything I do or the way I do it.
  • I make working 8 hour shifts or even 16 hours, my day at the office, so you and your family can sleep safely, a way of life.
  • Today I might make the ultimate sacrifice to save a life.
  • I make a difference, WHAT DO YOU MAKE?

Thanks for all you do!!!!

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2012, 08:17:42 AM »
Thanks for all you do!!!!
You are most welcome.

I've always like this as well:
The Final Inspection

The policeman stood and faced his God,which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining just as brightly as his brass.
"Step forward now, policeman. How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To my church have you been true?

The policeman squared his shoulders and said.
"No, I guess I ain't
because those of us who carry a badge
can't always be a Saint."
I've had to work most Sundays
and at times my talk is rough,
and sometimes I've been violent,
because the streets are awfully tough.
But I never took a penny that wasn't mine to keep...
though I worked a lot of overtime when the bills got to steep.

And I never passed a cry for help
though at times I shook with fear,
and sometimes, God forgive me, I've wept unmanly tears.
I know I don't deserve a place among the people here.
They never wanted me around except to calm their fear.
If you've a place for me here, Lord, it needn't be so grand,
I never expected or had too much, but if  you don't...I'll understand"

There was a silence all around the throne where the Saints had often trod.
As the policeman waited quietly for the judgment of his God.
"Step forward now, policeman.
You've borne you burdens well.
Come walk a beat on Heaven's streets.
You've done your time in Hell"

(Author Unknown )
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2012, 10:47:11 PM »
And truth be known, I would rather be tased then sprayed with OC ;D  Unlawfull assembly should NOT be tolerated.  OWS folks should stop playing loose and fast with the law, a mob mentallity will be dealt with force, sudden force must be expected for the safety of the few officers working to disperse the ILLEGAL gathering.  Breaking the law and expecting mercy?  Typical I guess.

And what about squandering our nation's treasure on Unconstitutional (illegal) wars?  Who stops the federal government from perverting the ICC to their own ends (the aggregation of power)?  The government bends its own laws to the breaking point on a regular basis--who is it up to to stop them? 
Since We the People are their MASTERS wouldn't it be up to us? 
A legitimate govermnent only operates under permission freely given by the People.  The government serves us, not the other way 'round. 

The majority of Americans do not want to be free.  The price of freedom is eternal vigilance and a high degree of personal responsibility which is too high for us as a people, unfortunately.  Much easier to be told where to go and what to do by your masters.

I'm sure the lack of violence at the Phoenix Occupy protests had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that spraying the protesters first meant spraying a bunch of citizens that were as heavily armed as the police.  Welcome to Arizona.

As far as the OP goes, I've been riding in groups of different bikes and the sportbikers seem to be treated with a much different tone than the adv'ers or tourers during an LEO contact regardless of how compliant they are.
I used to live in Lawrence, KS--home to KU and HINU (Haskell Indian Nations University).  I had quite a few friends that went to HINU.  Was at a lot of both KU and HINU parties that eventually were dispersed by the police.
The attitude of the police while performing this function was wildly different and regrettably consistent depending on who was throwing the party.
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline Conrad

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2012, 07:29:39 AM »

I used to live near HINU when I attended KU, I never partied with those dudes though.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Klavdy

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2012, 08:23:36 AM »
In New Zealand there are two types of police officer, real ones and revenue ones.

In the area of the city I live there are 6 cars.
4 of these are deployed every shift to gather revenue leaving just two for crime. I belive the other 4 can be called away from hiding behind bridges and lurking at the bottom of long hills should the need arise, but it gives you a good idea of where our forces priorities lie.

Traffic police have little to no respect from the travelling public in NZ.

Here the police have a quota system to fulfil each week. A friend of mines brother in law was the local officer for his district when they came in. He found his acceptance from the locals almost vanish and his ability to solve basic local crime disappere because the locals lost faith in him and wouldn't talk to him. He stopped ticketing the locals and in his words "shamingly went after the holiday makers"

I have the utmost respect for the officers out there keeping our streets safe from crime but I wouldnt giive the time of day to the revenue police.

I absoulutly have the feeling when seeing one in my mirrors (be it on the bike or in a car) of what is he going to try and nick me for!

There is several documented instances of the revenue police pulling killer manouvers in there cars to put another tick in their quota box, 'U' turns being a speciality.
I was subjucted to a near miss from a 'U' turning police car two years ago, he failed to make the turn in time and ended up broad side across the road in the face of oncoming traffic and me who had to take avoiding action. I raised my hand in a gesture of disbelief and shook my head, his response was to pull me over and waste my time "checking the machine". Fed up with this sort bullsh*t I reported him and he was dissiplined, but this is an example of how the (revenue) police conduct themselves over here.

The Cops do illegal U-Turns in Australia too.

Cop acquitted of Woodend road death
WHITNEY HARRIS
06 May, 2011 05:00 AM
AN off-duty police officer who killed a Woodend motorcyclist in an early-morning crash two years ago has been acquitted.

Peta Carbonneau, a Victoria Police officer for almost 10 years, left the Bendigo County Court, sitting in Ballarat, a free woman yesterday after the jury found her not guilty of dangerous driving causing death.

The 35-year-old senior constable was charged over the death of 31-year-old Woodend man Luke Wilson on April 20, 2009.

The court was told that Carbonneau, also of Woodend, crossed double white lines while performing a U-turn in fog when she hit the motorcyclist travelling south along Black Forrest Drive. Mr Wilson died at the scene.

During a committal hearing in the Bendigo Magistrates Court last October, John Beesley, who was first at the scene, told the court he had driven along Black Forrest Drive almost every day for the past 10 years.

He said the road was notorious for its fluctuating weather conditions and that on the morning of the accident it was the foggiest he had seen all year.

Carbonneau, a senior constable at Sunbury, was on her way to work when she realised she had forgotten a batch of cup cakes at home and decided to turn around to get them.

The magistrates court was told that she believed she had sufficient time to perform the U-turn and was shocked when she heard an object hit her car.

Senior Constable Glen Urquhart, of the major collision investigation unit, said the motorcyclist was travelling at 80 to 97km/h before the collision.

Neither Carbonneau nor the rider were affected by drugs or alcohol at the time.

Black Forest Drive has a speed limit of 90km/h where the accident occurred.

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2012, 12:12:53 PM »

I used to live near HINU when I attended KU, I never partied with those dudes though.

I used to go to LA's in North Lawrence every weekend.  Usually I was the only anglo around.

Kinda weird when you hear, "you're pretty cool for a white boy, I'm glad I didn't kick your ass" from somebody about twice your size.   ;)

I was 6', 200# at the time and I was the runt of the group.  Good times.
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red