Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303048 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #880 on: June 23, 2017, 07:47:15 AM »
I think I missed that show.

You have another chance.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #881 on: June 23, 2017, 06:36:06 PM »
But what if I 'miss' it again?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #882 on: June 23, 2017, 06:57:11 PM »
Fargo season 3 ended this past Wed. night. Overall, I liked it a lot and the ending was good but not quite as good as season 2 and absolutely not as good as season1 IMO. Still, one of the best series on TV.

SPOILER ALERT:

The ending pretty much cleaned everything up, sent almost everybody on to a reasonable conclusion. It did surprisingly kill off what I thought was going to be the or one of the heroines of the season. And as always, it left two 'loose ends', meaning people still around but just disappeared..... they usually come back in a later season in one form or another. So overall, Brian, Kirby and Mr. Elkhoof give it one thumb and two paws up. Three and a half stars out of four.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #883 on: June 23, 2017, 09:24:14 PM »
Agreed, great season, but my least favorite ending out of the three seasons.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #884 on: June 24, 2017, 07:20:08 AM »
But what if I 'miss' it again?

Too late, you'll never know if the show was to your liking now.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #885 on: June 24, 2017, 09:29:08 PM »
10 Cloverfield Lane.

Remember, just because a person is insane does not mean he / she is not correct.

Not a bad flick. Watching it from the beginning, without any outside knowledge, what you think is going on is not what is going on and what IS going on is not revealed until the end. Good enough movie to stop my wife from knitting / crocheting, which is an excellent recommendation in itself.  ;)

And as this movie stars the fantastic John Goodman, it reminds me of 'Fallen'. An older film (1997 as I remember), as he is a star of that movie as well, and it also stars Denzel Washington and has an truly outstanding supporting cast including the late James Gandolfini (not a huge fan myself but he was excellent in this film IMO). An excellent film IMO and again, it is not what you think it is all the way to the end. Remember the words opening line: "I wanna tell you about the time I almost died... ". If one does watch the film, see if you can ever think of Mick Jagger again without thinking about John Goodman imitating him....  :rotflmao:

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #886 on: June 24, 2017, 10:19:40 PM »
10 Cloverfield Lane.

Yeah, saw that a few months ago.  Good.

Recently watched "Hidden Figures" and enjoyed that.  Also, although Netflix thinks I would find it mediocre, I liked "Life" a lot more than it thought I would.  It was certainly no "Interstellar", which was mind-blowing good, or "Aliens" (Alien 2), but decent stuff.

Then rewatched the incredible "Butterfly Effect" last night.

Yes, TV is most of my life.  Sad
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #887 on: June 25, 2017, 12:14:02 AM »
Have not seen 'Life' or 'Hidden Figures' so no comment. Did not care all that much for 'Interstellar'; actually, just did not like the ending of 'Interstellar' which made it seem 'cheap' and sort of a good / evil movie to me.

The 'Butterfly Effect' I thought was excellent although like many good movies, it took some paying attention on my part to see the finer details that make it a good or great movie IMO.

Nothing about watching TV is sad IMO. It is a medium, and like most story delivery devices today, most of it is utter garbage IMO. That said, there is some truly excellent TV also. As far as using / enjoying / being involved with watching TV, why not? Nothing wrong with that IMO. In fact, there is enough good- to- great TV, including movies released on both broadcast and 'designer' tv avenues, to truly enrich a persons' cultural level IMO. I mean who said and who can prove that 'It was the best of times, it was the worst of times' is somehow better than 'We're gonna' need a bigger boat!'? It is all part of our culture and I would venture to say that modern TV and movies (going back no further than color TV, say, 1965 or so) has had far more cultural impact, for both good and bad, then anything Homer or Shakespeare wrote.

If you look around and do your part (pay attention), there is a great deal of TV that is truly great IMO. And not just designer or 'high brow' stuff either- I personally think 'Everybody Loves Raymond' and 'The Simpsons' are in a class by themselves representing the highest form of television culture.

And BTW, good think you appreciate 'Aliens' or there could be serious repercussions.....  :rotflmao: A great movie although in recent years, seeing a longer cut of Alien (the original, Ridley Scott version) I think I appreciate that one even more.

Nothing wrong with TV.... or bowling..... or painting as a hobby...... or playing darts at the local pub (more of a Brit. thing but it IS available here in the US) or anything else you care to do or are interested in IMO. Go your own way, enjoy that which you like and state it to the world (such as forums like this are 'the world'). And at least now there are a lot of much better series available then there were just a few years ago, at least that is how it seems to me; Fargo, House of Cards, Breaking Bad, maybe Westworld and a host of others. Sure they are mixed in with a tremendous pile of garbage but that is YOUR job, to pick the gold out of the sand....

BTW- I am re-watching 'Fallen' again as insomnia frolics with me. Still an outstanding movie IMO in almost all ways, but especially Denzel Washington playing.... well, I won't give it away but again, if you pay attention, a great movie IMO.

And just 'cause we are yacking about it, my two all- time favorites are 'The Usual Suspects' and 'Unforgiven'. Both relatively 'cheap' movies (made on relatively small budgets) but outstanding in plot, character development, etc. I had to watch 'The Usual Suspects' about 4 times, always asking the question.... what do I know (rather than surmise, think, suspect, etc.) for it to truly make sense.

Brian

Yeah, saw that a few months ago.  Good.

Recently watched "Hidden Figures" and enjoyed that.  Also, although Netflix thinks I would find it mediocre, I liked "Life" a lot more than it thought I would.  It was certainly no "Interstellar", which was mind-blowing good, or "Aliens" (Alien 2), but decent stuff.

Then rewatched the incredible "Butterfly Effect" last night.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #888 on: June 26, 2017, 06:45:11 AM »
Watched "Life" over the weekend. "The Thing" meets "Alien", but wasn't as good as either one of those. I would give it 2 maybe 3 out of 5 stars. Wasn't the worst horror movie I've seen but should have been so much better. Had excellent actors and high budget special effects but just lacked something. Way too predictable I think.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #889 on: June 26, 2017, 09:35:27 AM »

Maybe you need to go into the great room and look up at the ceiling more.
......or go into the living room and look at that brake fluid sitting there waiting patiently for you to bleed your brakes.  :-\

And yes, I still have the new set sitting in my living room, waiting for the right time)

Yep.   Sitting right next to the Motion Pro and brake fluid....

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #890 on: June 26, 2017, 09:45:38 AM »
Or maybe he can find a TV show about looking at a ceiling or bleeding brakes? Hey, maybe he is more of a Youtube kinda' guy?

??? ;D

Brian

Maybe you need to go into the great room and look up at the ceiling more.
......or go into the living room and look at that brake fluid sitting there waiting patiently for you to bleed your brakes.  :-\

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #891 on: June 26, 2017, 03:50:35 PM »
Yeesh
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #892 on: June 27, 2017, 03:34:03 AM »
Watched The Conjuring 2.

One of the best horror flicks we've seen in a long time. My wife nearly watched the entire movie through her fingers.  :)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #893 on: June 27, 2017, 07:16:41 AM »
Watched The Conjuring 2.

One of the best horror flicks we've seen in a long time. My wife nearly watched the entire movie through her fingers.  :)

Cool! I'll give it a look.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #894 on: June 27, 2017, 08:37:02 AM »
Watched The Conjuring 2.

We enjoyed it too. As good as Conjuring 1.
We also added Annabelle to the queue.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #895 on: June 27, 2017, 09:12:41 PM »
I grabbed both the original and -2; put the original on tonight and w/in 0.5 minutes, my wife went into the bedroom and closed the door. She has always been a little skitting of blatant horror movies but as she gets older, she is downright petrified. Kinda' funny, kinda' sad, all at the same time.

Brian
Cool! I'll give it a look.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #896 on: June 28, 2017, 03:53:03 AM »
I grabbed both the original and -2; put the original on tonight and w/in 0.5 minutes, my wife went into the bedroom and closed the door. She has always been a little skitting of blatant horror movies but as she gets older, she is downright petrified. Kinda' funny, kinda' sad, all at the same time.

Brian

Did you continue with the flick or join your wife in the bedroom?    ;)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #897 on: June 28, 2017, 02:58:11 PM »
Answer C: none of the above. I watched something else.

We have a little bit of TV trouble.... if left to her own resources, she puts on 'The Crazy Channel' and this hurts my ears, my intelligence any what little hope I have for the human race. I will not say which channel because I find it brings out the local crazy people who watch it and then they hurt my ears, my intelligence and remove any hope I have fro the human race. If left to my own resources, if I could not find something in a reasonable span of time, say five to ten minutes, I would go back and re- watch known good programming..... at least what I think is good. My wife does not share this view at all, whatsoever so she generally leaves the room we are in and does something else, usually something like knitting and watching 'The Crazy Channel' in bed. Now, if I wanted to watch 'The Crazy Channel' in the first place, or even if I could just tolerate it, it would have been on in the living room, on the large TV with the surround system attached in the first place (the one thing a decent sound system does NOT improve is 'The Crazy Channel' 'cause it just makes the loud idiocy louder) so I certainly do not want to go into another room and listen to that audio pollution.

Brian

Did you continue with the flick or join your wife in the bedroom?    ;)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #898 on: June 28, 2017, 04:28:17 PM »
Answer C: none of the above. I watched something else.

We have a little bit of TV trouble.... if left to her own resources, she puts on 'The Crazy Channel' and this hurts my ears, my intelligence any what little hope I have for the human race. I will not say which channel because I find it brings out the local crazy people who watch it and then they hurt my ears, my intelligence and remove any hope I have fro the human race. If left to my own resources, if I could not find something in a reasonable span of time, say five to ten minutes, I would go back and re- watch known good programming..... at least what I think is good. My wife does not share this view at all, whatsoever so she generally leaves the room we are in and does something else, usually something like knitting and watching 'The Crazy Channel' in bed. Now, if I wanted to watch 'The Crazy Channel' in the first place, or even if I could just tolerate it, it would have been on in the living room, on the large TV with the surround system attached in the first place (the one thing a decent sound system does NOT improve is 'The Crazy Channel' 'cause it just makes the loud idiocy louder) so I certainly do not want to go into another room and listen to that audio pollution.

Brian

Now we need another thread to guess Brian's "Crazy Channel". I'll even supply a prize. A set of OEM rear brake pads still in the original package (I forgot to give them to the guy who bought my C14).

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #899 on: June 28, 2017, 05:52:10 PM »
Just finished the first season of "American Horror Story."  It was OK.  Had some great acting and neat twists.  I am a bit disappointed in the ending, though.