Author Topic: Sleeping Beaver Ride - Sun Jan 19 CANCELLED  (Read 2116 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Sleeping Beaver Ride - Sun Jan 19 CANCELLED
« on: January 12, 2014, 10:34:01 AM »
This is a COG event, but all are welcome.  Pat Sprague is the organizer.  I put the ride route together.   We'll meet at Horne's in Port Royal, VA at 9am and leave at 10am.  Any questions, ask them here.  Pat's email is pesprague at comcast dot net.  Hopefully I'll see some of you miscreants (word of the day) there.  Still haven't figured out the route yet....working on it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:59:32 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Sleeping Beaver Ride - Sun Jan 19
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 02:11:17 PM »
if you draw an imaginary line from Bowling Green, down to Gwynn's Island, there are a bunch of cool backroads all thru that route... (was kinda my back yard)
There is also a pretty good seafood joint right on the island when you cross the bridge, off to the right...
Mamma and I would spend a nice day doing that route, then skirting over thru Jamestown, and to Surry, and the 5 & Dime route back to home...

ride saf Y'all.... I'll be doin the Snowblower thing on the driveway.... ::) :'(

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 03:26:09 PM »
Thanks!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 06:59:41 PM »
Should be more like Sleeping Groundhog Ride.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 04:17:58 AM »
I agree but I'm only the route planner.

Looks like some sort of precipitation Sunday morning (30% chance at the moment) and cold weather to boot so we'll see what transpires.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Sleeping Beaver Ride - Sun Jan 19 CANCELED
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 02:58:35 PM »
Looks like the weather for Sunday morning might be frightful so the ride has been cancelled.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Sleeping Beaver Ride - Sun Jan 19 CANCELLED
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 03:12:37 PM »
Nobody likes a quitter.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Sleeping Beaver Ride - Sun Jan 19 CANCELLED
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 06:26:34 AM »
Not my call.  However no one likes to ride their bikes on ice or snow.  I know I don't.  I've been doing this ride for quite a few years now and the first time I did it, I showed up in a monsoon rainstorm.  Someone else showed us as well but they came in their car.  I've also showed up with snow on the ground but was scared the entire time riding through it.  It's for the best.